What's new

Efteling | Baron 1898 | B&M Dive Coaster

Martyn B

CF Legend
From what I can remember Shiekra has a similar loading system to Oblivion, apart from you can choose which row to join at the station.

If this one is say 3/4 of the way through the queue then it makes sense.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
You just beat me to it!

- Visiting real mining complexes to get a true sense of what the atmosphere is like and to apply that to the attraction.

- Getting authentic mining equipment to make the experiece as immersive as possible (just like they did with De Vliegende Hollander btw).

- Efteling <3

Getting more excited for this every day!

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Both of which you said above aren't just what Efteling does - the majority of theming companies in the world do the exact same, thankfully. Looks fantastic.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Not yet. The rumours are as follows:

Lifthill (obviously) > Drop into tunnel > Immelman > Heartline roll > Helix > Brakes

But the park hasn't confirmed this, so I have no idea how legit that is. Efteling have said to release a virtual POV early 2015 (probably January). It probably won't be far off from the Gardaland dive coaster.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I've heard the same, although I read it as Zero-G roll rather than a heartline roll :p

I think it'll either be that or a corkscrew instead of a Zero-G.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Hmmm....Ive seen a superbly done fanmade POV of Baron, so when I get home I will post it here (as I am mobile).

If the layout is how that person figured it (which lines up with your post ThomVD), then the coaster will be superbly short and looks utterly fabulous.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
This is interesting. Two Efteling fans have made a 3D model of the station building. Of course it is not going to be 100% accurate, but it might give us a bit of an idea how it could look in the end.

baron1render251214.jpg

baron2render251214.jpg

baron3render251214.jpg

baron4render251214.jpg

Here is where I found them (it's in Dutch though): http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/3254/Net ... aster.html

Intricks

Strata Poster
Let me see if this works.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXIt0Hr4hq8[/youtube]

Fixed the embedded link for you - Hixee

andrus

Giga Poster
That video looked mighty good! Hopefully the end product will turn out something like that :)

Some earlier renderings where quite different though. I have no idea of what official stats we've got on this ride? (if any) One of the older POV's even got a vertical loop in it..

ThomVD

Giga Poster
^ The stats that are officially known are:

B&M Dive Coaster
37,5 meter drop
90 km/h top speed
1.40 meter minimal height
Trains with 3 cars and 6 seats per car

Nothing about the layout is official yet except for the drop into a tunnel.

Another thing, I hope that the extreme weather conditions today haven't damaged or delayed anything.

Joto

Roller Poster
I'm following the Baron 1898 a little while now, and as far as I know it will be a great coaster. Like some people said it was a bit unexpected, well it is. I've been many times to the Efteling ( Live 50 km from it ). And I can say that is is such big news here, lot's of people are already planning a visit to the park for this great new coaster !