What's new

Efteling | Baron 1898 | B&M Dive Coaster

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Efteling | unknown | B&M Dive Coaster

^ Agreed. There's absolutely no need for this more in depth, intelligent conversation with regard to the ride choice. Can we stop making an effort with our posts now please.

I'll get us back on topic by saying "Looks great!!"

Thanks.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Looks fantastic! Snoo how dare you disagree with the majority. You shall be shunned for being vile.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

There's not really anything to look at currently, but I anticipate it will be great :wink:

nadroJ

CF Legend

I agree with the power of the brand of course. I do however also feel that in Europe that fairytales have great cultural value. Yes, the ones that have never been Disneyfied are lesser known but they're not UNKNOWN (Hansel and Gretel for example), and for that reason I feel like Efteling could very very easily still have the international draw and appeal of Disney. I do also think that a big coaster would help this. It is a very clever move for Efteling as it further shapes them as an all rounder park.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Credit to RCTLand, you can see part of the layout in the drawings. Looks like somebody with a good zoom lens managed to see inside the green cabin!

Looks like there's a helix then!

9bxP2ta.jpg

wNGiRvT.jpg

EthC

Mega Poster

Another pic which seems to show that this could be the first Dive coaster that doesn't have a turn around before the drop.

136814_forum.jpg

And this is a layout someone has made from RCTland from the plans they have leaked.

15311010915_49d299464c_c.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster

I'm starting to think the plans are a move by the park to confuse us? It all seems too convenient and easy? Plans that happen to be places obviously on a table, in view of guests...

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

^ I know what you mean, but I'm not sure Efteling would bother teasing us with these plans?

Anyway, if that is the layout, than I'll be pretty happy as it has a bit of variety and length. Only preference would have been a zero-g roll in place of the vertical loop.

andrus

Giga Poster

Here are some new pics of dirt I took while visiting the park this monday:

ev5cly.jpg

29x86r6.jpg

23mjdi.jpg

27ydhdl.jpg

I also talked to an ex-employee of the park who said that the idea of a coal mine themed ride goes all the way back 1.5 decades. Back then the idea was to open a coal mine themed drop tower, but the idea was later scrapped for (the person I talked to) unknown reasons. But now it's back again, now in the form of a B&M dive coaster!

On another point, while visiting the park again it was absolutely clear to me how desperately the park needs a new thrill ride! With Joris being even more child friendly (=weaker) then I remember it and the only other thrill ride being a Vekoma from the early 80's... And I think a dive coaster will fill that gap excellently :)

EthC

Mega Poster

Teaser video of making the coaster from Eftelings youtube.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj6wXKZluKU[/youtube]

loveagiga

Roller Poster

Two new B&M dive machines/coasters in on year?! I cant even ;)

This one having a loop will be unique. The only thing (if it is indeed at all like that layout predicted) that I don't like is the lack in direction change. Seems you'll be banking on your right for most the ride. I understand it's not a major issue ;)

Ethan

Strata Poster

I believe the rumour has changed to Lift, drop, immelmann, two corners, a zero-g roll and then the helix?
I don't think anyone knows for sure haha.

loveagiga

Roller Poster

That sounds like the one predicted for Gardaland! ugh haha!! ;D Well I will say Im dyin to see a dive coaster with no turn off the lift (as shown in that rendering). I think that would look interesting :) I just like different, even if it is subtle.