What's new

Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Re: Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

Don't you love how I killed this topic before with eagle facts.

Question... Why does dollywood get their rides open for start of season whilst the rest if the us waits till labour day?

Having a new ride is an incentive to come to the park before summer, you'd think... But why won't the rest if the US do it?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Lazy parks is lazy?

I guess that 6F can't get corporate decisions in a timely enough fashion to start early enough to get rides open for opening day. That's how it seemed at 6FGAm.

marc

CF Legend
I think it will be good tbh, the trains will make it better than a normal floorless which I have never seen the point off tbh.

dominoes

Mega Poster
I'm sure it will be fine. It looks fun. He seemed to have a good time. I thought that it would be a bit better, but it still looks fine.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I think it looks better than The Swarm, I think it's because I'm a sucker for the landscaping, it's rare to get a coaster landscaped like that around here unless you're at Alton Towers. The layout looks alright, very generic B&M, by the looks of the video it could pack a nice bit of G. Near-misses are missed out, which is disappointing, but I think the area, and generic but enjoyable layout will be enough anyway.

I'm yet to find an outstanding looking wing-rider, Raptor sits at the top so far.

D1993

Hyper Poster
it looks like what I expected ..... still pretty good.
I'm still hoping X-Flight will knock the others out .... its layout looks the best to me.
When does WE officially open?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I reckon that's going to be a really great ride actually. You get really odd forces on those trains, and on a floorless-like layout, it's got the potential to be superb.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well it doesn't look like the most intense ride out there, but I think it looks really good. It seems like it'll flow really well and I reckon the wide trains will be great on this.

Looks fun!

marc

CF Legend
Dollywood |"Wild Eagle"| B&M Wing Coaster

I look forward to reading ECG report from the day.

Going by the pov and knowing them seats I bet it's a really good coaster.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Oh yeah, I forgot ECG was going down to Dollywood for this. I agree, I look forward to reading about his thoughts of it.

I think this might actually be the best looking wing rider so far...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I might be there tomorrow, plans keep changing, and I have no control over it. Pretty upsetting if I don't go since we will be in Pigeon Forge tomorrow but such is life. Didn't want to have to come back to Tennessee if I didn't have too.

Sent ECG a text and he told me it was fun but tame, not the most shocking of news, seems pretty accurate if you think about it.

Mike T

Mega Poster
This coaster rides significantly faster than both Raptor and Swarm. I expected Swarm to have the sort of pacing that Eagle does - glad to see there are vast improvements in the overall intensity of the coaster - can't wait to see how X-flight runs, it seems to have the most potential.

By the way - the plaza/station area of this coaster is beautiful, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Dollywood, they always do an amazing job.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
UC said:
A lot of it has to do with schools.

Most colleges here get out around early-mid May, if not late April.

Primary schools begin to wind down about that time as well (they typically let out between May-June).

If you go to a park on the weekends early in the season, it's dead. Hardly worth paying the staff or opening the doors.

By delaying ride openings, you give yourself a better chance of drawing in crowds.
So why don't we do this in the UK?

I don't think the "open late and draw more crowds" makes any sense. People will come in the summer regardless of a new ride or not. Opening the ride when the park opens surely increases gate figures at a time of year which is usually dead?

Otherwise, like you say, why open at all?

I don't honestly think there's a reason why it's done that way in the US, it's just that it is done and always has been. Dollywood operates weird compared to the rest of the US in the first place.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Dollywood has also always been more of a Shows park than a rides park.

When you rent Q-bots that have more options for shows than rides, it's a pretty telling sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.