What's new

Dollywood | Lightning Rod | Launched RMC

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Re: Dollywood 2016 || Teaser

ECG said:
I think both of the RMC woodies, Goliath and Outlaw Run, use polyurethane wheels and all the Iron Horse conversions, other than Wicked Cyclone, use steel wheels. A quick look at the track gives it away.

Polyurethane wheels:

image.jpg

Steel wheels:

1779067_10152590542058639_5080156880814337632_n.jpg

Of course Outlaw Run's track isn't painted, so it's harder to tell.

Antinos said:
Ok I took the time to look and Jerry is correct except for Outlaw Run:

486225_10151282583778566_1214061599_n.jpg

Credit TPR

This photo of Goliath shows urethane:

Goliath_Six_Flags_Great_America-8.jpg

Credit Coastergallery

For good measure, here's Iron Rattler showing urethane:

Iron_Rattler_832587.jpg

Credit some guy on Picshark

I cannot find a good photo of Medusa, but Jerry's photo shows the evidence.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Well, from an argument on Facebook, Medusa is running poly now. Let me try and find the pic...

Intricks

Strata Poster

18317_10155336711335532_5695768567733226952_n.jpg

This image shows Medusa using Nylon, and was taken a rough month ago.

Edit: Dear lord the struggle of mobile is real lol.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

The big kicker for me is the price. It will be over 20 million and bigger than Wild Eagle. Is a stratacoaster crazy to suggest?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

^Well, not crazy, but... I'm afraid we'll still have to call it unrealistic. Building something that tall is expensive, and $20 million is less than what was paid for TTD 12 years ago. Likewise, I doubt a Giga is within reason either, though obviously it is enough money to make a rather big coaster at any rate. Just not the very biggest ones.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster

The price just throws me off because I don't know what could be launched and that is over 20 million unless it is totally something brand new? I am not that familiar with prices but how much would launched coasters by premier/gerstlaur/zierer be?

Intricks

Strata Poster

Please note that it will also be the single largest investment Dollywood has seen inside the park, so that 20mil is the bottom line - it will most likely be MUCH higher than what we expect. Plus, the land clearance and flag markers going into the woods means this will be a very interesting layout.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Isn't $20m about what Saw cost? And from what I've heard, that's not the best ride ever.....

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

^WTF, $20 million for a Euro Fighter?! That can't be right since they cost half that here in the States.

Jared

Hyper Poster

Saw was £13m which is roughly $20m. But remember. A lot of that was the IP and theming.

JoshC.

Strata Poster

That will also include the infilling of the land it's now on, which is quite expensive, as well as marketing and basically everything involved with the project. Merlin like making their big new things sound as expensive as possible. :p

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster

Has B&M been ruled out? Because if not, that could be possible as they are now doing launch coasters. It would also fit the price bracket.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Considering Dollywood often spend a decent amount on themeing, I really wouldn't expect anything massive. Colossus also cost about $20m, which contains some themeing, but no IP.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Why is everyone ignoring Mack? Seems quite logical. Or a [strike]fat person flying out inside 3 years of opening[/strike] Intamin.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

elephant58 said:
Considering Dollywood often spend a decent amount on themeing, I really wouldn't expect anything massive. Colossus also cost about $20m, which contains some themeing, but no IP.
I'm sorry, what?
You can't compare UK prices to American prices, they are completely different. Wild Eagle cost Dollywood $20million and that is far from a small ride and has some lovely theming, then the park has said it will be the big single investment they have ever done on an attraction, meaning this will cost more than $20million. This will be a big ride, seriously stop comparing the price of a ride from the UK to this.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

tomahawk is right, a Mack Launch is still a viable option. I know Owen said to stop comparing prices, but I just had to compare Helix. Helix cost around $23 Million USD, which fits in perfectly with the given price range. My final guess is a Mack Multi-launch coaster with a classic car theme in or around the 50s area. Maybe where the Rockin' Roadway is.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

GuyWithAStick said:
tomahawk is right, a Mack Launch is still a viable option. I know Owen said to stop comparing prices, but I just had to compare Helix. Helix cost around $23 Million USD, which fits in perfectly with the given price range. My final guess is a Mack Multi-launch coaster with a classic car theme in or around the 50s area. Maybe where the Rockin' Roadway is.
See absolutely, Helix is one of Europe's largest coasters and fits perfectly into that price range, so I don't understand how someone can say this won't be big when Wild Eagle is massive and cost less than what this will.