What's new

Do You Support American Gun Rights?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
In my opinion, stricter gun laws are well overdue. Obviously one shooting where people die is one too many but in my view, the amount of campus/elementary and high school/civilian shootings is truly ridiculous for the world's most developed and advanced country. Im sure there will be Americans here who are pro gun and thats fine, Im not going to argue with anyone who is but I am very anti guns. Im not saying it should be impossible to own one but it needs to be a lot harder for these depressed and bullied kids who snap for example to get them. People like Adam Lanza and Elliot Rodger are amongst the most evil people who have ever lived for their crimes but I do wonder if their victims would still be alive and well today if it wasn't as easy as 1 2 3 to get a gun?

In the next year or so I will be staying at an American campus for 2 semesters, its very exciting and all but campus shootings being a legitimate concern is sad. Just a few hours ago there was another shooting at an Arizona campus leaving yet another dead and a few days ago a little **** about 11 years old shot a girl dead in Tennesee because she wouldnt let him see her dog.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It's nothing short of insanity. Mass delusion based around the fetishisation of firearms.

None of the pro-gun arguments stand up against actual facts. Not. A. Single. One.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I love it. I've never heard it called a fetishism before but that's exactly what it is!

On the one hand, America has bears and other dangerous animals. As someone who likes camping and walks in wild places, I can see the apeal of having access to, for example, rifles for specific occasions. But...

The idea that it is necessary to have handguns on you all the frigging time, in your house, in your car, on a day out with your kids, to make you...feel safe? Because it's...your right? I will never understand that mentality.

Ben

CF Legend
cjbrandy said:
Pink Panther said:
cjbrandy said:
In the next year or so I will be staying at an American campus for 2 semesters

Go get those creds.

I'll ask my aunt and uncle to take me to Six Flags San Antonio next summer when I go to Austin.

If you go to San Antonio and go to Sea World over SFFT...

But the gun laws are ridiculous and stupid and the only people that don't see that are Americans.

Smithy

Strata Poster
US Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson has defended comments that suggested the Holocaust may have been avoided if people had been armed.

"The likelihood of Hitler being able to accomplish his goals would have been greatly diminished if the people had been armed," he told CNN on Thursday.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Not scientifically inaccurate. Several historians have had similar theories as they had confiscated all guns in the country from 34-39. Not like it would have prevented it, but numbers could have been slightly decreased. Speaking in hypothetical is difficult though.

What school are you going to?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
I'm quoting Ricky Gervais for this one.

""Guns don't kill people. People do" Yeah, people with **** guns!"

""I'd like to buy a gun please"
"Are you ever going to kill someone with it?"
"No"
"Promise?"
"No. I mean yes. I promise"
"Ok. Here you go""

-Ricky Gervais

This pretty much sums up my opinion.

spicy

Giga Poster
It's absolutely rediculous and I don't know how many schools/colleges/malls/cinemas need to be shot up and innocent people killed in order for the laws to be changed.

No one ever needs to own a machine gun. Ever. They are designed for trained soldiers to be used in combat and fire as many rounds as possible at high velocity to take the enemy out. Why would anyone need to own one?

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
Yes
Why it's good?
Criminals can get guns from the black market
Your everyday law abiding citizen won't even look at what the black market sells
So what will the law abiding citizen use to defend themselves with?
Also murders from people who just snap might be more gruesome as it may go from a shot to the head, to a stabbing.
Also if you're gonna say "oh but bubut anybody can get a gun" that's not true. YpouYou need a license to get a gun and to get said license a background check will happen.
Fun fact: Hammers kill more people than guns. Should we ban hammers then?

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Ayy Lmao said:
Yes
Why it's good?
Your everyday law abiding citizen won't even look at what the black market sells
Also murders from people who just snap might be more gruesome as it may go from a shot to the head, to a stabbing.
Also if you're gonna say "oh but bubut anybody can get a gun" that's not true. YpouYou need a license to get a gun and to get said license a background check will happen.

Do you at least think guns should be a little bit more difficult to get access to than they are? When buying guns legally and not on the black market, at the very least there needs to be a strictly enforced age restriction of 21 and multiple mental health examinations. Anyone with a history of depression or who has recently been fired from a job, just to name a few examples of things that should trigger warning bells, needs to be looked at with extreme caution or outright refused access to guns.

Yes, stabbing may be more 'gruesome' but guns are far far far more effective, efficient and deadly killing machines. I highly doubt Anders Breivik would've managed to kill more than 70 people if he used a knife.

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
cjbrandy said:
Ayy Lmao said:
Yes
Why it's good?

Do you at least think guns should be a little bit more difficult to get access to than they are? When buying guns legally and not on the black market, at the very least there needs to be a strictly enforced age restriction of 21 and multiple mental health examinations. Anyone with a history of depression or who has recently been fired from a job, just to name a few examples of things that should trigger warning bells, needs to be looked at with extreme caution or outright refused access to guns.

Yes, stabbing may be more 'gruesome' but guns are far far far more effective, efficient and deadly killing machines. I highly doubt Anders Breivik would've managed to kill more than 70 people if he used a knife.
I would rather be shot by a gun in the head, then get brutally stabbed. And who says he can't make a gun/buy one from the black market.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Ayy Lmao said:
I would rather be shot by a gun in the head, then get brutally stabbed. And who says he can't make a gun/buy one from the black market.

I think we'd all rather be shot in the head than stabbed but if someone tried to go on a killing spree with just a melee weapon there's a pretty good chance they'll get subdued/killed before they even get a chance to hurt anyone. Guns are too easy and effective to use for the most part- point and kill

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
cjbrandy said:
Ayy Lmao said:

I think we'd all rather be shot in the head than stabbed but if someone tried to go on a killing spree with just a melee weapon there's a pretty good chance they'll get subdued/killed before they even get a chance to hurt anyone. Guns are too easy and effective to use for the most part- point and kill
Not exactly point and kill. If they don't know how to handle the recoil they can drop it, or throw it (that happened to me). Also the shooter's gun can jam.

Snoo

The Legend
The American opinion is shifting toward more gun control. Unfortunately, political stupidity will override public opinion until those in power have it taken away.. in the same ways gay marriage and weed have slowly changed over the last decade.

Also lets be civil folks. While many of you have visited and think you know our people, the underlying social dynamic and opinion is much different than most see on Fox and MSNBC. Lets not group the gun nuts in with those against it.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Ayy Lmao said:
Yes
Why it's good?

Kindly show me how many mass knife murders or even mass hammer murders have taken place in America over the past 10 years and I can guarantee you I'll find you 10 mass shootings in that time.

This whole CRIMINALS WILL STILL GET GUNS argument is a load of garbage peddled by the NRA with their whole THE ONLY WAY TO STOP A BAD GUY WITH A GUN IS A GOOD GUY WITH A GUN.

Like, how **** ludicrous is your secondary argument, let's just laugh at that for a second. I'd rather be shot and die quickly than be stabbed and die slowly. Aye, you know what though, **** that why stop there, I'd rather not be shot or stabbed at all. That'd be great, is there a way to make that happen? Do you also realise that you're far less likely to be a victim in a mass incident if the criminal is using a melee weapon than if they're using an easily obtained gun?

And if guns are meant to make you so safe, why do you have a level of gun crime that's above any other developed nation in the world, even nations with similar level of gun control? Is it some twisted tin-foil hat mentality, ease of accessibility or itchy trigger fingers?