What's new

Djengu River | Toverland | Rapids Ride

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
New rapids ride opening in 2013.

Here are a few mud photos I took at the end of September.

tolerlandtr3.JPG

tolerlandtr4.JPG

tolerlandtr5.JPG

tolerlandtr6.JPG

tolerlandtr7.JPG

peep

CF Legend
Re: Toverland | Rapids Ride

I'm quite intrigued by this. I really do hope it is great and I have confidence Toverland can pull it off.

Also this area will consist more than just the new cred and rapids. Looks like they'll be adding plenty more of their quirky outdoor playthings and they're building a big theatre too, you guys probably saw their temporary stage outside when you went?

nadroJ

CF Legend

This is going to be gorgeous when it's done, if there's one thing I like it's a well themed water ride, and Toverland know how to do theming. Yay <3

_koppen

Hyper Poster

I'm a bit disappointed that the ride doesn't have any of the Hafema signature element's like a big drop or a whirlpool, but the nice landscaping and theming in the concept art will make up for it.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Is that a turntable station I see? I always love those! Hope this ride is a wet one.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Wee update:

toverland.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing the Booster Bike getting some tlc, as it is quite an ugly ride.

nadroJ

CF Legend

It is, but I rather like the station with the vines wrapping around it, I hope that stays.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Oh right... given that its going to recieve a new look station (going by the artwork at the top of the page) I thought all them vines were new.

I've never been so I cant really say for sure, but the Booster does look a bit out of place in Toverland, with its plain theme. Hopefully they'll now theme the ride area too.

peep

CF Legend

I heard a couple of years back that the Booster Bike at the other end was meant to be getting a huge Colosseum built around it so it fits in with the Troy area. I liked that idea as it meant the ride was kinda part of both areas and still didn't clash with either area.

I don't know if that idea is still in the works or if they worked out it would cost them too much money to do. Still, I'm intrigued with this new development and I do hope the station gets more TLC.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Martyn B said:
Booster does look a bit out of place in Toverland, with its plain theme. Hopefully they'll now theme the ride area too.

I thought the same until I researched the ride for the guide. Booster Bike's theme loosely carries on from the theme of the second hall called "Magic Forest". Vines and other plant life partially cover the station and queue line area, giving the sense that the indoor area is creeping outside...or the outside is creeping in.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Ian said:
Martyn B said:
Booster does look a bit out of place in Toverland, with its plain theme. Hopefully they'll now theme the ride area too.

I thought the same until I researched the ride for the guide. Booster Bike's theme loosely carries on from the theme of the second hall called "Magic Forest". Vines and other plant life partially cover the station and queue line area, giving the sense that the indoor area is creeping outside...or the outside is creeping in.

You mean it's not Little Shop of Horrors?

ignace

Mega Poster

Can't wait. Toverland is only 40 minutes away for me, and D'wervelwind (the spinning with the stupid name) was a pleasant surprise, really. The theming and music are also incredible... much beter then their projects before Scorpios :D.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

Thanks for the pics.
I'm liking the interaction with Booster Bike as that area always needed something else in it.
It looks a bit of a concrete trough at the moment, but I have faith Toverland will theme it nicely