What's new

Disneyland Resort Paris - 30/03/09 - 03/04/09 Big PTR

nadroJ

CF Legend
They've had to expand quickly otherwise people would have gradually got over the 'ooh new Disney park' thing and realised that it was crap. It's still nowhere near finished and hopefully I can visit again once this years new attractions are added yay.

I hate the way ToT is just plonked in the middle, it's so intrusive. Compared to the gothic and glamorous Florida version it just plain sucks. It has no atmosphere at all as even when you're queueing you still see the rest of the park buzzing around you. I much prefer the Orlando version where once you enter the queue you are completely cut off and submerged into the world of the Twilight Zone.

I get the same half-arsed feeling with Crush. It's a good ride and everything but it doesn't seem like Disney's best efforts by far. I hope as the park expands they'll spend a lot more time developing plots for rides like they used to rather than just plonking a carbon copy of a ride from another park and hoping it will suffice.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
I think on the outside, the orlando tower of terror looks better than the france one, however the france rock 'n' rollercoaster on the outside is better than the florida one.

Yay, random views that nobody cares about :lol:

marc

CF Legend
I know what he means, in Orlando they have made a big deal out the area. But the building in Paris looks better with all the boards outside it.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I seem to be one of the few that kinda likes the Studios... :lol:

Mainly cos it actually does feel like a Studio area to me... It is very akin to the lots you see at Universal and the other film/tv companies, so in that respect it works...

However, it does lack attractions, the Tram Tour is absolutely dire even with Jeremey Irons (<3), but it doesn't need a lot done to it, just a few more attractions (2, maybe 3 E-Tickets, including Soarin'), a massive show, and the Muppets... It NEEDS the Muppet show... All parks need it... Cos it is awesome...

I don't like the ideas I've heard about the new Toy Story bit though... Sounds like crap Disney who aren't re-doing Paradise Pier...

spicy

Giga Poster
I also really like the studios and it has come a long way since 2002. RnR, Crush's and ToT are all excellent rides. Cinemagique, Animagique and the car stunt show are all brilliant. I think the park feels alot more 'complete' now then it has done since it opened and they are still adding more.

I also like the way ToT sits proudly in the middle of the park. ToT to the studios is what the castle is to the Magic Kingdom.

Either way excellent trip report and I enjoyed reading it all!

Mark

Strata Poster
peep said:
southend_marc said:
Lion King show (Even though its good).

The Lion King has been cancelled due to the new Mickey party rubbish for this season. I can't remember if it's returning after the celebration or not.

What I don't get is why would they cancel the Lion King show for a different show that is going outside the castle on the new stage layout....

As previewed (and new stage layout discussed) here... http://www.dailymotion.com/user/photosm ... rie_travel

Also, in less happy news...
Screamscape said:
(4/30/09) EuroDisney SCA reports an increased loss due to a drop in the number of visitors from the UK and Spain. The resorts loss over the past six months was 71.9 million Euros, up from just 37.5 Euros the year before.

Links:
http://www.screamscape.com/html/disneyland_paris.htm
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... KQR1wUS1Yo

So much for things looking up for them this year...

peep

CF Legend
Mark said:
peep said:
southend_marc said:
Lion King show (Even though its good).

The Lion King has been cancelled due to the new Mickey party rubbish for this season. I can't remember if it's returning after the celebration or not.

What I don't get is why would they cancel the Lion King show for a different show that is going outside the castle on the new stage layout....

As previewed (and new stage layout discussed) here... http://www.dailymotion.com/user/photosm ... rie_travel

I'm aware of the main show but in Videopolis they are replacing Lion King with apparently a larger screen showing old toons and I think Mickey is meant to come out every now and then to say hi. It seems a waste really seeing as they were showing the toons in-between performances of Lion King before.