What's new

Disney announce new expansions for WDW

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Wait, where?! Omg <3 I'm such a fangirl hahaha I love all the speculation.

You know something, I'm surprised they haven't ever done much with the Aladdin theme. I know the new Fantasyland is all about the princesses but I feel there's so much to play with with Aladdin.

But then I suppose I'm a hypocrite for wanting that because I always go on and on about how I much prefer Disney's own unique to the park ideas rather than concepts based from the popular film characters. They're always miles better.

peep

CF Legend
I heard ages ago they were adding something more for 'boys' due to all the princess additions but a seven dwarfs coaster would be amazing.

Aladdin attractions would also be best suited in Adventureland. The Paris resort also has that generic ride in the Studios and the walk-through and restaurant in Adventureland, a proper ride would be awesome though.

marc

CF Legend
Aladin has an area at WDW.

The coaster will just be a re theme of the one in toon town which is going. Do not expect a brand new coaster.

Not much to report on the area as all you can see is boards etc but it's huge.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Screamscape said:
(10/18/10) Amusement Insider has posted a rather huge scoop this week (scroll down a little to find it) regarding the second phase of the Fantasyland expansion. From the sound of it, most of Phase 2 may have been tossed in favor of some new additions. First the good news… that long rumored and dropped roller coaster for the Seven Dwarves mine ride is said to be 100% back on track and will involve a layout with both indoor and outdoor coaster sections. In addition Goofy’s Barnstormer may actually get to keep it’s name, and may be given a minor new theme of Goofy’s performing an aerial circus act, which will fit right in with the new Double Dumbo ride going in next door.

Here's the link: Amusement Insider

Like Lance said, scroll down to see it. It's one of the lengthier posts.

chessychase

Roller Poster
I read somewhere (might have been orlando attractions) that the Seven Dwarfs minetrain will have tilting cars.. this sounds like fun!

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
According to screamscape "The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth, responding to every twist and turn of the track. The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs.”
These swinging vehicles and the idea that the ride will be part indoor and outdoor may make this
"family coaster" pretty good.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
So it will be a definite family coaster, I'd imagine tamer than Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

marc

CF Legend
Yep but what I posted had something about the moving part which is why I posted it or I would not have bothered.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Funny Steve, as I did read the article.

Maybe I was summarizing for those who couldn't be bothered to read the article? Or sparking discussion?

marc

CF Legend
I was reading today on Screamscape that the new coaster might not have the same theming that it was going to. Most of the coaster will now be out doors and it will not be ready until 2014!