What's new

"Dare Devil Dive" - Eurofighter for Six Flags OG

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
From the last page said:
Eurofighters aren't that bad, Vekoma has some worse creations. BUT, they can be shaky/rough at times.

RCF

Strata Poster
Apparently you have to ride one to see what they mean. Looks can be deceiving young one.

Gazza

Giga Poster
they look pretty cool?
Exactly, they look cool.

To be fair, they aren't awful, but I guess they feel a bit gutless and don't leave you particularly wowed.
I put them in the same category as those Arrow loopscrews...they're 'ok', but nothing to write home about.

Martyn B

CF Legend
So I suppose these are going to start popping up at most Six Flags parks now.... I'm surprised they hadn't gone for these earlier to be honest.

But yeah, they suck. From my experience, if they're big, they're crap (Speed), but I'd they're small, they're ok (Rage).

Jer

Strata Poster
Pieman said:
Most unique Six Flags attraction name of the year! It even beats out Batman: the Ride! :wink:

dont get excited, the sky coaster in Great Adventure is called.....Dare Devil Dive

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Jer said:
Pieman said:
Most unique Six Flags attraction name of the year! It even beats out Batman: the Ride! :wink:

dont get excited, the sky coaster in Great Adventure is called.....Dare Devil Dive

I've been to Great Adventure and SFNE before.. Hence the sarcasm.

SFOGRICH

Roller Poster
I'm afraid I've been away from the site for awhile, but I certainly had to come back to help celebrate the news of a new coaster at my home park! On a YouTube thread, someone said it was going to be near Goliath. I had to laugh a little, because that could be anywhere in about half the park and a lot of places outside it! The drawing on the SF site looks like it's entirely on a level area, but the only place I know of where they have that much level space is the parking lot. I guess they could use some of that, since they added new parking areas on the other side of Six Flags Road a few years ago, but I hope not. Parts of it would be underwater every time the Chattahoochee River gets flooded with heavy rain. Can't tell you how many times that's happened with the Mind Bender and the Scream Machine!

I don't know if this ride will be popular enough to clone at other SF parks like B:TR was, but if I had to guess, I'd say SFMM, SFGAM and SFGADV will probably have "mega" or "giga" versions of it in a few years! :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
bob_3_ said:
Thats weird. i've only heard good things about Speed.

Yeah so had I.

I thought it was wayy too over hyped. Its not rough, but it manages to give me a head ache everytime.

Error

Strata Poster
Ride Entertainment group released a layout for us to see (finally):

62008_147627605273216_105309932838317_207960_8062773_n.jpg

I think is looks pretty neat, minus the...never ending straight track there at the end.

Error

Strata Poster
jjjjustin12 said:
that looks really cool. some one want to recreate the ride on no limits.

Weeeeeeeell someone did:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CrwP7vzSdw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Tony

Hyper Poster
It's basically a clone of Anubis except for the launch and the first hill so a POV of Anubis should give ya a better idea of the layout.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmv-0w8nvNw[/youtube]

tks

Strata Poster
I can't decide which is worse, the HORRENDOUS animations and music on that No Limits travesty, or that Pov..