Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Pom-Bear

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seabrook

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
They stopped making my favourite crisps a few years ago: potato puffs. You could only get them in corner shops for 10p (the same places that sold monster munch and space invaders). Cheese and onion was by far the best.

Nowadays, the closest you can get is a square crisp

Gazza

Giga Poster
Red Rock here in Aus:

Yes, you can get Red Wine and Herb Flavour.
Aust-RedRock-WineHerbs.jpg

But these are amazing too:
26942_337534285508_337532410508_3797169_7077465_n.jpg

And these:
tasty_toobs.jpg

I vote for Skips in that list, and Kettle chips. They sold skip shere way back (Talking 1996) but they dissapeared. When I was in the UK I found this 3 flavour, 15 bag multipack at Tesco (Because it seems Prawn Cocktail is the only one that come standalone, but I wanted cheese etc)
Ate the lot within 24h, and turfed the prawn packs on the hotel dresser as a snack for the cleaning lady.

Winning.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
McCoys, although I can't stand the "alpha male man crisps" thing they've got going on. I don't feel very mainly when I'm eating a packet of their best flavour...
2018.jpg

I love crisps.

Honourable mentions to Pickled Onion anything (particularly Space "Invaiders", Walkers and Monster Munch) and Beef Hula-hoops.

neonali

Roller Poster
I am a crisp connoisseur.

For best quality: Walkers, McCoys and Doritos.
Best taste: Golden Wonder, Pringles.
Eccentrics: Nik Naks, Twiglets, Wotsits.

However, Pickled Onion Space Raiders are magical. I lived on them for a fortnight. I don't even like pickled onion ANYTHING...

Best flavours: Cheese and onion, sour cream and chive, prawn cocktail, beef and onion, anything barbecuey...

I don't think Mini Cheddars really qualify as crisps, but they are fab. Quavers and Skips are cool but there's not enough to them. Quavers are NOT ergonomically designed for the oral cavity.

Frisps used to be really pleasant; now if you try to eat the Ready Salted flavour you might as well just stick a spoon into a jar of salt. And I like salty food :? Hula Hoops Ready Salted circa 1993 were the best. They pale in comparison now...then again, I was 3 and my taste has probably changed.

I will basically eat any packet of crisps though. So long as they're in date. I used to have at least 2 packs a day but I'm trying to improve my diet. Sort of...

I like crisps.

Error

Strata Poster
Youngster Joey said:
I like Apple crisp the best, though my mom does make a great peach and blueberry crisp as well.

*headdesk*

I have two favorites: sunchips harvest cheddar and better made kettle chips (a local brand).

Sent while out and about

bmac

Giga Poster
munchos-regular.gif

best thing Frito-Lay makes, hands down. Absolutely refuse to eat any other kind of chips that are served in my area because they suck. I also want 3Doritos to come back but they've been gone since like 1998 :(

madhjsp

Giga Poster
nadroJ said:
Youngster Joey said:
I like Apple crisp the best, though my mom does make a great peach and blueberry crisp as well.

You're clearly not talking about the same thing as we are, and as such, I am intrigued ;] What, pray tell, is a peach crisp?

In America, 'crisp' in the culinary sense refers to a very delicious type of dessert. I believe it's referred to as a crumble in the UK. Here's an apple crisp, for example:

Vanilla+Apple+Crisp+with+Caramel+Sauce+500.jpg

But seeing as this topic is about chips (what we call chips on this side of the pond, anyway)... my favorites are barbecue Lays, spicy sweet chili Doritos, and Tostitos corn chips with a hint of lime.

neonali

Roller Poster
Lays are indeed 'otherwise known as Walkers in England,' but dear me, they are sooo not the same thing...

Nic

Strata Poster
Doritos - Only the cheesy ones.
Walkers - They're fine, if a bit boring. Ooooh, what about the sensations though? The sweet chilli ones are AMAZE <3
Wotsits - Nom, although none of these weird flavours or anything
Quavers - Yuck
McCoys - S&V or the beefy ones are the best
French Fries - Only S&V
Squares - Only S&V
Monster Munch - Yummy!
Discos - S&V ones are tolerable, but meh
Frisps - Again, only S&V
Space Invaiders - Nah
Mini Cheddars - Not really crisps as such, but they're nice for a change sometimes
Chipsticks - OMNOMNOM
Hula Hoops - Only the beefy ones, but they're just a bit too hard
Kettle Chips - Like eating shards of broken glass <////3
Frazzles - OMNOMNOM
Golden Wonder - Never been a fan
Wheat Crunchies - Only the bacon ones
Nik Naks - Only the spicy ones <3
Skips - They're great when I'm pretending to be on a diet
Pom-Bear - I'd never buy them, but if they're on a crap buffet at a party...
Seabrook - Are they those ridiculous ridged ones that are always in a MILLION tiny pieces by the time you open the pack?

Oh yeah, and all this talk of Lay's has reminded me of these bad boys...

8111_10150963288996025_1128416479_n.jpg

OMG! Best. Crisps. EVER.

Dave

CF Legend
I'm quite fussy when it comes to crisps, quite snobbish when it comes to them, my favourite one at the moment is King Prawn Cocktail flavour, look like this:
801%5C5000328793801%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

McCoy's used to do one similar and it's amazing and so full of flavour. Nommm

madhjsp

Giga Poster
So Lay's rolled out a few new flavors for a trial period of sorts, and is having a vote to determine which one they should keep. Since I already put Siracha sauce on just about everything I can, this one is, to me, a match made in heaven:

lays-sriracha-chips-profile.jpg

joe3579

Roller Poster
Garden Salsa and French Onion Sun Chips, Salt and Vinegar lays, Sour Cream and Onion Lays, Kettle Chips, Cool Ranch Doritos, Tostitos, and those veggie chips, straws, and sticks (I do not care if they are a gimmick, they are still amazing!)

I want to try spicy ketchup and dill pickle lays, how are those?

bmac

Giga Poster
I've tried all three of the Lay's trial flavors, and honestly my favorite is the sriracha by miles. Chicken and Waffles and Garlic Bread just aren't things you consider for chip flavors. The chicken and waffles just tastes bizzare, even moreso than those Chicken in a biscuit snacks that I've been munching on since I was born. The Cheesy Garlic Bread isn't bad and I guess if I eat enough over a length of time I'll eventually get used to the flavor, but it definitely doesn't come close to the sriracha flavored chips.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Accidentally bought some "Lancashire Sauce" flavour crisps the other day and they're lovely! Never heard of Lancashire Sauce before, but much better than the Worcester variety.