• Pom-Bear

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seabrook

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Martyn B

CF Legend
Whats your favourite type of crisps?

I think its quite a hard choice to pick a favourite, well for me anyway. So you can choose 3 favs.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I always used to eat Golden Wonder. My Uncle worked at the factory in Widnes and brought home literally hundreds of packets a month (plus Pot Noodles, Pot Puddings, etc). They were the "top" crisp in the UK at the time before Walkers started making an in-road.

Quality difference is actually incredible. There was no real quality control, so packets would end up with no flavour on the crisps, but a flavour bomb in the bottom of a random packet. The crisps would quite often be a bit soggy from being cooked in too cook oil or burnt to a, well, a crisp.

It's no wonder Walkers came in and, well, walked all over them.

I love Seabrook crisps though, they're like Golden Wonder used to be when you could find a good packet. They appeared in our college around 1991 or so and seemed to be an academic institute issue crisps (they also made there way into Staffs Uni vending machines a couple of years later. Their prawn cocktail are probably the best on the market. Not too strong (unlike Walkers).

I also love Square crisps. The Salt and Vinegar are mouth bleedingly strong (unlike prawn cocktail, salt and vinegar should be strong), the plain are fantastically potatoey and even the cheese and onion is palatable.

Finally, Rib'n'Saucey Nik Naks are possibly some of the best crisps ever produced, addictively delicious and a fun shape to boot.

In terms of the actual "crisp quality", Walkers are the best. The potatoes are clearly good quality and they have a fantastic cooking and flavouring system across the board - so they're all produced to the highest possible quality they can manage. However, I like the odd-ball stuff just that bit more :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
I love ready salted Frisps, but the Salt & vinegar and Cheese & Onion are just too strong. Same with Disco's, their Bacon flavour is lush, but others are just waaay too strong to enjoy.

I love all the flavours of Doritos and Wheat Crunchies <3

kimahri

CF Legend
Salt and Vinegar Discos, Chilli heatwave Dorios and a split between roast chicken and smokey bacon walkers for me.

I found an interesting reaction when eating Chilli doritos and dringing orange juice. It makes my mouth feel fluffy and horredeously painful...

nealbie

CF Legend
Chilli Heatwave Doritos, anything Prawn Cocktail flavoured (most notably Pringles) and more recently Walkers new 'Baked' range <3.

Special mention to Nik-Naks.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
Seabrooks - how they got their name is fab too!
Kettle Chips, which actually taste more like chips, than crisps,
and Wotsits, when you let 'em melt...

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
My friends Jukka and Pauliina from Finland gave me a packet of Taffel Sips. I can't remember what the flavour was but they're the best crisps I've ever had.

Out of this list it's Monster Munch. FOOKIN' FLAMIN' HOT.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Anyone who's saying Pringles deserves to have Ian Huntley babysit their kids. Those things are a **** ing travesty and quite rightly have been left off the list.

I've voted Kettle Chips, Doritos and Hula Hoops. Beef Hula Hoops are amazing.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Youngster Joey said:
I like Apple crisp the best, though my mom does make a great peach and blueberry crisp as well.

You're clearly not talking about the same thing as we are, and as such, I am intrigued ;] What, pray tell, is a peach crisp?

Also, McCoys are AMAZING <3 Beef omg <3 Blue Doritos too. Any crisps really haha [/fatpig].

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
sorlandschips1.jpg

324f50c13abd8d409d805a560e5a83cc.jpg

I miss the "Other" option.

thx

Mega Poster
gavin said:
Anyone who's saying Pringles deserves to have Ian Huntley babysit their kids. Those things are a ing travesty and quite rightly have been left off the list.
Words of wisdom.

Out of those options I would prefer Kettle Chips, I usually have the sort of equivalent kind here in Sweden, seeing as the actual Kettle Chips usually cost like 1.8£ for a smallish 150g bag here. OLW http://www.olw.se/ have a bunch of great crisps.

Mike

Giga Poster
At least Pringles actually look like they could be crisps, unlike Mini Cheddars which somehow get on the list!

Voting by who does the best salt and vinegar, it's a hard choice. S&V Quavers are amazing, but I haven't seen them around for years. I would say McCoys, but the flavour is so sharp that it's hard to get through a packet quickly.

I think I'm going to be a bit weird and say Walkers Squares are the best of the lot. Always give off a good flavour and crunch, and I can get through packets at a time. :)