What's new

Coasters with moments of utter insanity

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Rode SFMMs B:TR during 2011s Fright Fest when they had a ton of fog machines, strobe lights and audio going under the ride, combined with it running really fast from a really long, hot day made it completely crazy throughout.

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
My opinion is the pretzel loop on Superman: Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Great Adventure. That is a crazy element. I really want to ride Tastu to see that loop.

Yeti

Roller Poster
Back row without your seat belt on Tomahawk at PortAventura. It's not that amazing, it just took me by surprise (especially on a kiddie coaster).

djmcbell

Roller Poster
Hmm...

Pretty much all of El Toro - the insanely fast lift hill, the drop, and the bankings which feel pretty much like a condensed second half of the Ultimate.

The Ultimate's second half, going over the second lift hill and down into the gaping maw of the trees below, before... well, why spoil it?

Wild Mouse at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. The only coaster where I actually feel I may get decapitated.

Joker's Jinx - how? Why? What?

Grand National at Blackpool Pleasure Beach - the final drop, just where it looks like you're going to run into the path and you drop under it.

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
For me a few:
X2's drop when it flips at the bottom is insane
Any pretzel loop
El Toro's airtime hill over (what use to be) rolling thunder
Full Throttles loop. In the back row that thing is just not right and you feel like you are flying.
All of Green Lantern: First Flight

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
*X2's drop
*El Loco (Vegas)'s first dive loop...and the rest of it :p
*Montezooma's Revenge's loop
*Tatsu's pretzel loop
*Backwards Batman's wingovers
*Vertical flip into GL:FF's brakes
*Full Throttle's top hat/loop/backwards launch
*Colossus (SFMM)'s ejector hops
*Banshee's batwing and inline
*All of Sierra Sidewinder

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
IntaminToWin said:
Phoenix's last 3 bunny hills
Seat? What seat?!

Montu's back row outside right seat's whip around the top and out of the batwing. Single most insane moment on any coaster.
Honorable mention goes to...
Snoo said:
El Toro's airtime hill over Rolling Thunder.

Holy ****.
Since many are mentioning entire rides, I would have to go with Wild Mouse at Pleasure Beach Blackpool.
Old school insane <3

bmac

Giga Poster
Skyrush cause it feels like the ride is trying to skip me across the lake like a stone.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Theres a part on Tarantula just before a right turn it banks left which is a bit mental, especially with it being a spinning coaster.

D1993

Hyper Poster
Where to begin? .....

-Leviathan's speed hill
-Jack Rabbits double down
-Magnum's third hill
-Formula Rossa's launch in the front row
-Manta's pretzel loop in the back row
-I305's g-force crushing turns
-the entire ride on diamondback because they let you get away with so much freaking airtime
-KUMBA.
-the small, yet extremely insane drop tower at Waldameer
-Outlaw Run's outside banked turn and wave turn

AirtimeFreak

Mega Poster
Wild Mouse at PBB is pretty nutty.

Also Furios Baco's little drop after the uphill launch

Never experienced it but the Pretzel loops on the flyer's look insane.

AirtimeFreak

Mega Poster
Gotta admit as impressive the ampersand on Shambhala is to look at, I don't really think its a moment of insanity when your riding it. Its an awesome turnaround idea, but the speed hill at the bottom is definitely an element i'd rate much higher!

Not sure if it was because i was small or if it still rides the same but Revolution at PBB as you're dragged down the drop before the loop used to get me every time.

Nemesis, the first turn after the corkscrew has some serious force and in the back few rows it is intense as they come.