What's new

Coaster Dreams. How obsessed are you?

Lucy

Hyper Poster
I've had a lot of coaster dreams since becoming an enthusiast and they've been very strange - including one where Thorpe Park was in Australia and it looked very different!

I also had one this morning - I dreamt that I was at Cedar Point and was really excited to be there - I remember queuing for MaXair and going on one of those Intamin 1st generation freefall rides which was really good even though I've never been on one in real life! :D

A

Anonymous

I had a weird one the other day.

It wasn't really about a coaster, but it involved several amusement parks and big name people.

***Right before I left to go to Disney, my boyfriend proposed to me and said that now I HAD to come back and if I didn't then he'd come down and get me. Well the whole time I was working down at Disney my friends and parents were planning MY wedding. They called me and told me that my friends Dave and Kristelle were getting married, just as a ploy, so I ended up going and buying MY wedding dress.

Anyhow around Christmas, everyone comes down and we're doing the wedding rehersals, except something isn't right. My boyfriend is up at the altar, and my friends are no where in sight. It finally sinks in that it's my wedding and I freak out a bit.

Well anyhow we get married, and the weird part is the reception. We're in a ballroom at Disney and they tell me there's a surprize for me. In walks Monty Jasper, Dick Kinzel, Bill Sphen, and John Hildebrandt, as well as the head of Imagineering for Disney. They tell my "husband" and I congrats and tell us there's a house for us back at home between our colleges, we both have full scholorships and guaranteed jobs at Disney until we graduate. Then Jack Hanna walks in and says I have a full scholorship to Ohio State and a job with him at the Columbus Zoo until I get my degree from there, then I would move down to Texas and work with the animals at Sea World..."

It was weird...lol

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
Mostly I just think about how my next trip is going to go. I haven't been to Wild Adventures; "I'm on Hangman and I'm having a lot better time than most people do". "I guess that I'll have to stay here a little while longer". I haven't been to Dollywood since they put in Mystery Mine. "I can't see a thing". "This is great"!!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well I had a coaster dream just last night.

My family and I had walked into what was supposed Disneyland before it had opened, though it was all totally underground and featured an Arrow roller coaster with Thomas the Tank Engine trains.

Is it bad if I can remember the roller coaster type?

:lol:

A

Anonymous

There was a dream I had about a coaster that was built underwater. It was a B&M coaster, and when it went down the first hill, it dipped into a lit tunnel that went under the water. People could see the fish and everything. It was like being in one of those walk through aquariums. Weird part is I've never been in one of those aquariums...

X2

Roller Poster
I ALWAYS have dreams about coasters!!! They are usually about tatsu though!! I LOVE TATSU!!!!! It is so, so awesome!!!! I just love the feeling like you are flying!!!!! Don't you??? I DO!!!! It is so awesome because when they make the track so that you feel like a bird flying everywhere!!! Tatsu is just overall awesome!!!! Like, even the people that run the ride are nice! When some fat person was about to ride it the person that ran the ride calmy pointed to the weight limit and the fat girl sighed and went off. The lady was so nice!!!! The best dream I had about Tatsu was I was riding it (feeling like a bird) when I suddenly broke away from the track and flew away to six flags over Texas!! I had a really fun time there too!!!!! I rode all of the coasters but I can't remember which one though...it was really weird because I usually do remember my dreams...oh well. I really do usually have a great memory when it comes to dreams. One time I had a dream where I fell of Tatsu and the paramedics came (It took them a really long time) and then they had to call for back up because everybody was crowding around me. Then the sheriff came and shot one or two crazy people and that scared everyone away. Then they finally got me in the ambulance but halfway to the hospital (when I was on the verge of death) there was a flat tire. Then somebody stopped to see what had happened and they gave me their cell phone so I could call my parents and tell them that I would never see them again and ya da ya da ya da. Then, a miracle happened..... that person that stopped to see what was going on had a tire pump and she pumped up the tire. Then, the driver put the petal to the metal and we continued on to the hospital. The driver was so determined that even when somebody drove by and shot the person in the passenger seat, he didn't even look back. Then we finally got to the hospital and the doctors fixed me up (and gave me a big lolli pop) and I was reunited with my family. I am so good that I was able to recall all that to my sister!!! See??? I am good at remembering dreams!!! Then I recalled another dream but that one is WAY too long! So...anyway...I have dreams about coasters ALL, ALL, ALL the time!!!! BYE EVERYONE!!!

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I have really weird dreams with loads of coasters in different places. Like one time i had a dream that Rita was a carnival ride, nemesis was at Thorpe Park and oblivion at Pleaurewood Hills!!!

PLCP

Mega Poster
Maybe once or twice a month.

The one having anything remotely to do with coasters that I can remember is one time I dreamt that Matt (Almost) was trying to pick Taylor and I off a bridge with a sniper rifle.

Don't ask how that happened.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It's been a while since I've had a dream, and longer since I had a dream about roller coasters. One that seems to stand out to me is where my family, friends, and I were at Knott's Berry Farm, even the park was nothing like Knott's, and Silver Bullet had orange supports. SB also had a heartline roll after the drop and a completely different layout...Yeah, my dreams don't tend to be realistic.

Happy Ides of March PLCP!

The one having anything remotely to do with coasters that I can remember is one time I dreamt that Matt (Almost) was trying to pick Taylor and I off a bridge with a sniper rifle.

OMG I'm being dreamt about. Creepy :p .

Happy Ides of March PLCP!

So this is like, totally the anniversary of the death of Julius Caesar? Ooo, creepy.

Nice rant about Tatsu there, X2.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I just had one last night about Griffon. But it was located where Apollo's Chariot really is... :?
Anyway, it had just stopped raining really hard and they had just reopened the ride, and I was on the first train that they ran. I guess it was because of the slick track or something, because the ride ran at least 100 mph and none of the brakes worked, including the holding brake at the top. So we rolled through the circuit three times at ridiculous speed before the brakes kicked in again and we had to get off! Hahaha it was awesome!

A

Anonymous

I sometimes have dreams about roller coasters too. It is probably because I go to Cedar Point every year for a family reunion so the same things happen for my every year and ive gone for probably 18 years now or so I don't remember exactly.

A

Anonymous

I dream of coasters all the time, however many of the are ridicoulous and not about coasters in existence but about ones that truely are impossible to build and seem to go on and on until I wake up

and ocasionally I dream about one day finally being in Cedar Point, but next year, that will all change

A

Anonymous

yeh I dream about Alton Towers mostly, on warped versions of Nemesis or oblivion

ryan462

Hyper Poster
I have never been to Cedar Point but I once dreamt that I went there with my family and some random families that we knew and when we got in the park there was a massive museum that had models of all the rides..... Also , I went to queue up for the big water ride and the queue went up loads of steps and it was wobbling side to side and eventually it all fell down and then i woke up :S ..... :);)'] :roll:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well my last roller coaster dream was where my girlfriend and I began riding a wooden coaster entitled Blue Streak, which wound it's way around and through random woods, and during the ride we hit a deer, stopping the train.

So we got out and checked out the deer, which began talking to us, until two foxes started chasing it.

That's what happens when I sleep 14 hours. :razz:

Deano

Mega Poster
I have had one that i can remember. It was i was queueing up for stinger at poultons (XD) and then was suddeny on the ride. It started going down the drop and then i woke up.

A

Anonymous

I've had a few coaster dreams before, including what I would consider to be a nightmare just recently.
The night before I went to Six Flags over Texas I had a dream that I woke up in my hotel room at 3:00 pm and missed almost the whole day at the park. I freaked out when I woke up the next morning but I was relieved to see that the time was 7:00 am. So i made it to the park and had a great day.

Ollie

CF Legend
I hate it in coaster dreams when your spend the whole dream watching a ride, and as soon as you get in the carriage you wake up. :(

That happened to me when I was going to ride Ka. :lol:

Snoo

The Legend
^That happened to me in real life this last weekend on Maverick. Don't feel so bad.. :lol:

Recently, coaster dream activitiy has picked up.. being that school and track are over.. I have something new and sexy to focus on. Had a Ravine Flyer dream last night.. awesome.