What's new

Coaster Dreams. How obsessed are you?

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
As far as I know, I've only had one theme park related dream.

It was back in October, the night before I visited Alton. I'd not been to Alton for nearly 20 years, so whilst I'd seen the park layout on a map, I couldn't remember what most of the park looked like.

Suffice to say, I had a really weird dream. For some reason, in the dream, me (and one of my friends) were in the park before it opened. I could see all the rides (as I'd seen photos of them and knew what they looked like), but the park layout was horribly messed up. I think there was slightly more to it than that, but I can't really remember any more. I certainly don't think I managed to get on any rides during the dream.

Rob

Mega Poster
I've just remembered a couple of years back i had the most aweful dream,

Alton Towers had become exactly as it is on the park map, everything RCT like and very ugly looking.

Not good, at all.

But, as I said, I do have many coaster related dreams.

A

Anonymous

wow coaster dreamsss. i dreamt about a swedish footballer once....

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Interesting (if you know Swedish you know what I mean...)
Please keep on topic. There's an entire topic dedicated to random comments somewhere in forum fun. Go play there until you've learned how to spell.

Lofty

CF Legend
I've had the dreams of falling off PMBO plenty of times, its one of them that you fall and never hit the ground :p!

I've also had dreams of wild rollercoasters (future NL projects :lol:)

El Patricko

Roller Poster
Roller coaster dreams,

Ah reminds me of my first wet dream :lol: No but seriously i get horrible waking dreams about alton towers, either that i dont get to ride everything or the car breaks down on the way.

Also i have had dreams about whacky ride concepts which when i wake up i immediatley draw them down before i forget. In one dream i fell out of the rapids at alton and woke up with a hedache!

kimahri

CF Legend
I've had a couple of dreams with coasters and some times involve CF.

Usually what happens is I get bored of the ride and jum off o_0

Although the wierdes drem I had involving coasters AND CF was there was a bunch of people all shouting Ian is naked for no apparent reason and ian wasnt even around (danm :p). then it went completely weird (like people exploding).

Had one last night.

I was at Six Flags Great Adventure, and to make a long, boring story short, El Toro was a walk on all day, and I rode it about a zillion times. I know part of my dream had to do with me taking my belongings on the ride, and them flying everywhere, but yeah, I'm really not that stupid in real life :p .

Too bad Toro's queues weren't actually like that when I went there.

Error

Strata Poster
Biggest one I can remember is the ever so odd riding on millennium force reverse. Don't ask me how it was possible, all I know is that we went 'round the wrong way.

One I also had was with Raptor being submerged in water.

Mat

Hyper Poster
I don't really have dreams, but I sometimes get excited the night before about visitng a park and seeing my mates, but never had any dreams about a theme aprk or a particular ride.

thx

Mega Poster
I haven't had them for ages, probably last time was in July or so, then before that I had them more often. In general they've just been about coasters, ie. an inverted wooden, coaster on ghost ships on which the trains stop and the cars rotate or just some strange, huge coasters, which really feel real etc. and I've 'seen' a few CF peeps in them, can't remember who anymore though.

marc

CF Legend
Sad to say just the once and it was not nice.

It was about the Southend Live and I had a dream that Rage went over the top and came off the track and landed upside down with people on the ride :(

Emmmerrrr

Mega Poster
I once had a dream where I was watching the Ultimate and some CFers drove up the lift hill in a car at very high speed, then died. :?
If only I could remember who...

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Have coaster dreams all the time, usually either I'm in a queue for hours, wandering around the park or I'm riding the coster but of course its forceless because I'm in bed and it's also a bit weird.

Ollie

CF Legend
I do as well. :D
Although it's mainly on the rides, not walking round the parks ect.
But I did have a dream once where I went on Submission at Alton Towers and the spin of the cars went out of controll and crushed everyone against the floor. :lol:

A

Anonymous

I had a dream where I was at Cedar Point, but it had a disney style mainstreet and all my friends were there and then I called up my friend who is also obsessed with coasters and boasted before going on maverick 6 times :p
But the maverick in my dream went 120degrees drop instead of 95 XP

I've had 3 other dreams at Cedar Point, all to do with Maverick.

nealbie

CF Legend
When somebody really pisses me off I sometimes have dreams where they are killed by a rollercoaster, such as not doing up restraints properly on oblivion or stealth, or sliding out too far and having their legs chopped off on the Nemesis's!

I feel much better after that :twisted:

Also a few times the night before a visit I have had dreams about my day, and strangely everything happens exactly as it did in the dream :?

A

Anonymous

I have dreams about coasters quite often, and what's worse is when the dreams involve performing work related stuff.

I usually tend to dream about events in the day, sometimes though I think about coasters and parks a lot throughout the day and that's where my dreams wander.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I don't usually remember my dreams. Maybe I'll wake up and remember what I was dreaming one morning out of every three or four months.

Right after a trip to Cedar Point this summer though, I had a really strange dream that I was riding Magnum, but it wasn't Magnum as it is in real life. It went into a forest after the first drop and starting doing some Beast-type zooming through the woods stuff. Then it had some bunny hops, and I got major "ejector" on one of them! So much airtime that I actually left my seat and flew about 80 feet into the air. Of course while I was flying I thought I was completely ****ed and knew I was gonna die, but strangely enough, I survived the fall without any trace of pain. But when I stood up, I realized that I was no longer in a forest and that I the ground was now covered in snow. I looked up and Magnum was gone. Then a snowboarder whizzed by me, stopped, and yelled at me to get off the slopes. I turned around and looked uphill and realized that I was in Aspen! What was also wierd is that I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts and I wasn't not cold at all. So I started running down the slope to try and get to the lodge so I could go back to Cedar Point, and then I go around a corner at the edge of some woods and... there's the station to Magnum. Right next to a ski lift. Then I woke up, or I don't remember the rest.