What's new

CF-Live: OK III - Morning Wood - Trip Reports

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If you don't read them then don't complain there isn't any. And if you don't write them then you're not encouraging people to write them!

Moan, moan, moan.

And I found a a crushed Kinda Egg wrapped up in my poncho when I got round to airing it yesterday, lol.

Mike

Giga Poster
Yeah, well, I would write a proper trip report (when I could be bothered), but apparantely people on here don't like reading stuff that's more then a few paragraphs long (except if there's a few pictures scattered around the place, whih is impossible as I didn't take any), so I'm not really bothering.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I notcied trip reports stopped coming thick and fast when everybody started swapping MSN addresses and chat about it on there.

There are a lot of people that attended that have yet to say more than just a few words. Let's hold our breath, shall we?

Pierre

Strata Poster
Lol regarding an actual TR I tend to remember the first half of the day then forget the rest of the day so it starts as a report and ends as a mess...

Anyways I'll try and remember the good bits now I've blurred out the weather and the camping...

w00t at Megafobia ERT... (and the sexy ladies who lead us there :) )
LOL at Martyns excited "YOINK!" when the Kinder Eggs were unveiled
Rofl at everyone lobbing their Kinder Egg toy holders at Martyn when he came down the death slide
Deja-vu as catering staff at a theme park try to, once again, rob Sam by giving him half a box of popcorn chicken.
Lmao at the Brer Rabbit train ride with the completely random can of Boddingtons.
Oops at (I think Orlando Rocks') loose change falling of Speed onto the ground and ORP cabin, but proper LOL at everyone thinking the impact of the coins on the cabin was the ride breaking :lol:
:( at Joey for directing offensive symbols towards me as we awaited approx. 10mins for Bounce to start.
:lol: at Sam not realising how steep Hydros drop was until he was at the top of the lift hill.
:) at the improvised seat I had to use on the train back to the car park. It was 1337.

Roll. On. FL/LWV.

Mark

Strata Poster
Pierre said:
Oops at (I think Orlando Rocks') loose change falling of Speed onto the ground and ORP cabin, but proper LOL at everyone thinking the impact of the coins on the cabin was the ride breaking :lol:

That was Slayed tehe. I think some people more concerned about the coins flying past there nearly hitting them lmao.

Thankfully, most were under cover!

Nicky

Hyper Poster
I was just unlucky enough to be sat on the row behind Slayed but it was Hixee I think that got hit with the most of the coins.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hixie got hit with Slayed's money shot?

Nicky

Hyper Poster
He either got hit or had a very close encounter with the coins as they stayed where they were for a few seconds as the train moved down the hill so they came close to the back row.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
And economics. And zips.

That's twice I've lost stuff on a coaster from my pockets. There has to be a third...sit behind me at your peril :p.

Nicky

Hyper Poster
*since Ian is complaining about trip reports drying up here is mine*

Disclaimer: very long, photo free trip report

Well this time it was all a lot easier for me and my dad. Our only difficulty was navigating towards Phil's house with a dodgy set of directions printed off the internet which was easier said than done. The rest of the way to Oakwood we were just passengers if a bit squashed though it definitely made it entertaining.
After packing everyone in with the bags we set off down to Oakwood. The weather on the way down gave us a big hint what the weather would be like at the weekend.
Meeting Mark, Joey, Lain and Peep in Swansea we went to Pizza hut (or should that be Pizza Slut) where we had a bit of a laugh and learnt a bit of sign language.

It was an early start being out of the travelodge at 7am though there were suspicions that some of the people on our corridor had gone to bed with no shoes and left their room card outside in the street. A quick stop at McDonald's for breakfast before we went deeper into Wales where Petrol Stations have to beg for your custom.

At least it was dry when we got to Oakwood. Megafobia ERT was ace even if I didn't get on the front or the back but I got near enough to keep me happy. Then the rain started and it started to hurt the more you rode Megafobia.
Now this is where the memory gets a bit foggy. I got stuck at the top of the bobsleighs and had to be pushed off. Supposedly my dad actually fell off at the top but nobody saw him. I got down a lot faster than I would have done due to the fact that I knew Stone Cold was behind me.

The death slide managed to actually scare and make me scream rather loudly but it hurts when your bum reconnects with the slide.

Speed was next and my train had not only the rain falling on us but Slayed's coins were trying to do damage too. It was when we got to Treetops that the day started to sag only slightly. The rain got worse and I started to feel more and more damp. Treetops sounded in pain when it went up the lift hill.

Lunch was a welcome relief from the rain even if I tried to save like two tables at once just armed with a few damp coats and an umbrella borrowed from Ploddish. Began to feel happy again as I began to dry off.

I can't even put into words what Brer Rabbit made me think of. It was just like a drug trip bit even weirder. My dad, Rachel and David discovered how much of a wimp I am on dark rides and I have to admit that I was scared on Spooky 3D. It was actually my first time on a haunted house which does sound really weird.

Vertigo was sheer entertainment to watch, with Will's comment "if I was a chav I would spit on you" and Hayley's screaming.

Taking Slayed's lead at taking your shoes off on Hydro and wrapped in a poncho Hydro was next. Even if it did take three goes at being stapled before everyone was in so we could set off. It was like taking a bath, the amount of water that was dumped on you but I wasn't going to give it a miss considering how far we can gone to get there.

I didn't fancy mass humilation so was just contented with watching and taking my only photos of the day at the Teatrays. *which will appear when I find the cable for my camera*

Managed to keep myself upright in the pile on of the group photo but only just and my dad did manage to make himself seen.

Hit with the curse of 3 again on Bounce before we finally went up. Bounce sounded in pain too and was just lame.

Speed was a lot better in the rain as you could actually see where you were going instead of just screwing your eyes up.

The last two rides on Megafobia confirmed that I really do like it but Nash just beats it for top place for my favourite woodie.

As you can probably tell I've ran out of energy by the time I've got to this point. Sorry that it got this long but Ian said he wanted long. I don't expect Joey to read any of this though I did split it down to make it easier to read.
A truly great day and weekend. Thanks to Slayed for organisation, Furie for the lift, Ian for the kinder eggs and to everyone else for making it a wet but great day.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Okay - Joey demanded a video, so I shall oblige! :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcO8RoNdUGU[/youtube]

Enjoy! ;)

Nicky

Hyper Poster
You have actually had me in stitches Furie. That is so funny, especially with Hayley screaming.

Pierre

Strata Poster
LMFAO.

You **** :p

Excellent, although I wish I hadn't watched it now as I was about to go to sleep and now I'm just going to be LOLing at that :lol: