What's new

CF-Live: OK III - Morning Wood - Trip Reports

Mark

Strata Poster
And now Im hacked off!

I have hit a snag in the video editing process, in the sense that I can't even start! Sony being sony, have created a product that doesn't like using standard conventions called USB, instead I normally the cable that they so extortionatly charged us for. (DV output thingymabob). Cept the laptop that has the socket for this lead to be plugged into is in a repairshop at HP somewhere. The long and curlies of it, I CANT EVEN GET THE FOOTAGE ON THE COMPUTER!!!! [UPDATE: Marc's work laptop does have the right socket, so at least I can get the footage tonight]

So for now, just a trip report of my thoughts... :(:(:(

From East to West, From Coast to Coast, From Eurofighter to Eurofighter. We took the 293 mile journey across the width of the UK in a little more then the stated google map time of 5hr10min. More like 7 hours!

Anyways, we still arrived (through a massive amount of rain) at the very nice Travelodge in Pembroke Dock in good time and after a blooming huge pub dinner and a good nights sleep we made our way to Oakwood. Pleasant journey really, even marc commented on how it reminded him of going to Alton Towers with all the little windy roads we past. This was all while Erol and I gassed about music and the like.

So the ERT, well I clocked up three goes, which was fine by me. I was quite happy lazing around filming too. And then... the rain came. And it came... and it came..... Right up past visiting the Bobsleigh thing (which was very scary in the rain, but hella cool) and then the random wooden vertical, my name is Tanya and I am scared to go, slide. Yes she had to be pushed, which was so kindly done by Stone Cold. Still, that slide always manages to provide many many laughs and I managed to caputure a lot of it on camera (since it was dry there!).

Then there was more rain, and more rain.... and guess what... a little more rain! We rode Speed, which totally obliterated Marc's disney poncho. (I believe Nadia probably worked her disney hating magic here) and gave all of us a severe face slapping! And I cant forget the Bacon Butties of love from the little van thing. YUM

Treetop Coaster was interesting, they loaded less then half the train, and let us ride at back.... Well with a combined weight of: HEAVY, needless to say, the train struggled and limped its way round the circuit.

As usual there was a small amount of faffage and faffles and the sort. Although I say a very big thank you to Slayed for having so many prizes and items to give away that actually weren't TAT! Good freebies for nearly all indeed!

I did manage to salvage some footage throughout the odd dry spell. Although the wait for everyone else on Hydro was a bit frustrating, merely coz I was stood on a hill waiting. Meh, it was worth it for the video...

So yeah, a very good day indeed. I had a lot of fun despite the awful weather and I think it was well worth the stupid 14 hour round trip to get there. When you put it like that, I spent more time in a car then at the park! The things we do ay!

Cheers all for a great couple of days!

Rach

Giga Poster
Warning -Long post

Now that I am rested, I think I can write up this trip report. I can imagine this is going to be fairly long and contain 30 photos.
This PTR is split into 3 parts; the journey down, Oakwood and the journey back. Brean will go into another topic because this isn’t the place for it.

The Journey down

So I was travelling in the furie_mobile. I left my house at midday, caught a bus into the city centre and then caught a train to Stafford to meet up with furie and the rest of the people who were travelling with us. This was: Orlando Rocks, Father of Orlando Rocks, Minor furie, SSIL furie and Will. One squashed car!

At about 2:15 we left Stafford for the long journey down to Swansea. The journey took about 4 and a half hours. To me it felt much quicker due to the fact Me, Orlando Rocks, Minor furie and SSIL furie played on our DS until we were 10 minutes away from the Lodge in Swansea.
Oakwood1.jpg

Mario Party on my DS

We stopped at some service station (ask Will for the name of it)
Oakwood2.jpg

Me and Nicky squashed in the back of the car, we got used to this by the end of the trip

Oakwood3.jpg

Willy at the Service station

So the journey continued, still playing Mario Party the journey went soo quickly. All the journey I was texting David who was in Ian’s car asking him how their journey was going.

We entered Wales by using the M50 so we didn’t have to pay.

Oakwood4.jpg

The first view of Wales, notice no rain… yet!

Onto the M4 and guess what, Traffic and Rain.
Oakwood6.jpg

Ugh… Rain
Oakwood7.jpg

The furie mobile continues it’s journey to Swansea in the rain.

So we get to Swansea at about half 6, we agree to meet up with Mark, Joey, Lain and Peep for a spot of Pizza.
Oakwood10.jpg

Here we are at Pizza Slut, furie, Mark, Me and Nicky are not in the picture

Back to the lodge, during the night something happened in a room down the corridor from us. We all heard it and there were shoes and room card keys on the floor of the corridor in the morning.

Oakwood

Up at 6am out at 7am for a lovely drive over to Oakwood and a quick stop over at McDoanlds for breakfast.

Oakwood11.jpg

View from the Lodge window on Saturday morning

Oakwood12.jpg

Nicky put the TV on and this random kids program was on

We made it to Oakwood about half 8, we were second from last to get there due to the breakfast stop over. I paid my £15 to Mark for entry and ERT, which in my opinion was really worth it. I was then handed a name tag much to my surprise.
Oakwood22.jpg

Yay… Awesome name tag which had a lot of staff asking questions as to what they were for :lol:

Oakwood13.jpg

Yay we are now here, time for some ERT :D

Oakwood14.jpg

And here it is, Megafobia in which we spent a hour going round and round and round getting beaten up by the ride and the weather. All was good

Oakwood15.jpg

There’s a train at the top of the drop with CFers in, but you can’t really see them

After an hour of riding Fobia in the rain we headed to the bobsleigh. There was a stream of water running down the sleigh so breaking was important. For some reason my sleigh kept breaking even when it didn’t need to and wouldn’t move properly. Silly thing.

After Bobsleigh we headed to the death slide because of the weather. It was a awesome slide. I thought I wouldn’t be able to go down the drop when I saw it from the top. But, I thought stuff this and went down. It was great!

Oakwood16.jpg

Rob just about to go down

Oakwood17.jpg

Martyn stalling and pushing himself to get off

We headed over to Speed next. It was ****ing brutal in the rain. But other than the horrid weather it was a good ride. I went back row and it was good, I preferred it more in the front and when it had stopped raining.

After Speed, we headed to Treetops. I thought Treetops was just an average family ride made better by the fact that it is in natural surroundings. Me and David done Bounce after as I was not up for standing around waiting for people to get off Treetops.

We broke for lunch after. Almost everyone headed to a café by Vertigo and Hydro to dry off. I liked the café, it was a pleasant atmosphere and somewhere where I could dry off a bit. I did a mass buying of ponchos even though it had stopped raining. Mark distributed the Wristbands at this point. The colours are great, just a shame the CF part didn’t turn out right. Never mind.

We headed to Brer Rabbit to keep dry and warm. David and David (10WaTT) entertained themselves by dancing. :lol:

Oakwood19.jpg

10WaTT posing

Oakwood20.jpg

10WaTT posing again and other David dancing :lol:

Oakwood21.jpg

Here they are again outside the exit, dancing yet again

Panorama.jpg

I tried to take a panorama of everyone but it didn’t work out too well

After that it was time for the people that won to do Vertigo. I really wanted to get on it. But by the time that me and Inversion Person would have got on, we would have missed Hydro and Tea Trays. So we gave it a miss.

Oakwood23.jpg

This was the only photo that turned out well, Erol, John and Hayley finishing their flight.

Hydro was next. Me and Ian took the Hydro poncho I brought earlier and the CF Ponchos on so we had 2 on. Martyn got this on camera. :lol: It took 3 attempts to send us. First the restraint wouldn’t lock for Chris, so he got off, then wouldn’t lock for some lady sitting next to Ian. They finally got it going and needless to say it was AWESOME. My face on the ORP is priceless and looks like I am about to cry.
I made the stupid mistake of standing on the bridge with my back to the wave of the next boat and getting soaked. Oops.

Tea Trays were next. About 15 people of about 60 went on them with about 6 riding twice. Everyone was prepared with cameras at the bottom waiting for some member to fall in. The nearest we got was Inversion Person attempting doing it one handed and crashing into the side putting his arm in the water and Sam clearing the water then falling of as it hit the ground also putting his arm in the water :lol:
I rode them twice because I thought they were awesome. I was really nervous on the first time where I didn’t care who would win out of me and Hixee, just that I didn’t want to fall in. I didn’t which was good. Second time I went against CJH and didn’t fall in again :D
Then just a we were about to go to the Group Photo a little girl fell right in and we all laughed.
Oakwood24.jpg

The view of Fobia from the place where the group photos were taken

After this some done the peddle boats, some done the pirate ship and some done the dingy boats. I went for the dingy boats which was awesome. It was really good flying around the tubes getting a wet arse and not seeing where we were going. Awesome!

Went on Bounce again, it wouldn’t launch. They took Chris, Phil, Baz and a chav kid off. It then launched. Yet again it was poo.

I stood around talking to Martyn while waiting for Rob, Lucy, Rich and Rich to get off the Dingy Slide then it was off to Speed again for another ride this time without the rain. Much much much better.

Oakwood25.jpg

Speed’s insane helix with a few members’

Oakwood26.jpg

On the top of the drop with a few CFers on

After two more runs on Fobia without getting off and it was time to leave.

Oakwood27.jpg

Final picture of Oakwood being Hydro :D

After we headed off to the Crystal Maze when Sam got the message that his tent had collapsed and flooded. Ian came back to get David and tell him his tent had also collapsed and flooded.

I sat out of the Crystal Maze with Nicky and Joey as I was freezing and too tired to concentrate. Thanks to John, John and Phil for letting me borrow their jackets to keep warm.

Travelled over to Brigend where we would spend the night. Everyone was shattered. I some how managed to sleep through Will treading on a crisp packet and it bursting. :lol:

Really good day I had at Oakwood. I didn’t get a proper chance to say Bye to anyone properly 

The journey back

I’ll make this short.

Phil woke us up at 9 saying we would meet in 10 minutes, that didn’t happen, took more like 45. We left for Brean about 10 and got there about 12. We stopped for Breakfast and to get drinks at a Asda somewhere in Cardiff I think.

Stayed at Brean till 3. (See other topic once started)

Left Brean at 3:15.

Oakwood28.jpg

No Rain

Oakwood29.jpg

Don’t know what motorway we were on here, but no rain again :D

We got back to Stafford at about 7:10 after dropping Steph home.
My train went at 7:26 so made it in time :D

Oakwood30.jpg

All weekend the bags were falling out the boot every time we opened it. The last time, everything stayed in so we caught it on camera :lol: then we got a bag out and it all fell out :lol:

****ing brilliant weekend. Enjoyed everything about it!
Thanks again to Phil for everything and everyone else! :D

bazpa

Hyper Poster
Well Meg and I had a fantastic weekend - (MyStick Meg) :lol:

The weather tried it's best but just couldn't spoil the awesomeness. After over a year without any rides the ert on MegaPhobia was just what the doctor ordered and not having to walk round after every ride made a huge difference to me.

I didn't do Waterfall, knew I'd be falling in again because of trying too hard, but also knew that the rest of my clothes were getting wet in my tent so wanted to keep what I was wearing dry for the rest of the weekend, same with Hydro. Had to laugh at poor John (Peep) getting soaked while filming it, then reading his comments in the trip planning section where he says he's filming it so he doesn't get wet.

I was a bit wary of taking a walking stick to the park but I wouldn't have been able to make it up the hills without it, thankfully it didn't get in the way the rest of the time and amazingly I only left it behind once.

Camping - well it was too cold for camping, had a comfortable night thanks to John & Tanya's mattress but too cold to sleep, 2nd night J&T to the rescue again letting me use the back seat of their car so a lot warmer but still couldn't sleep, good company in the shower block though with people only just settling down in time for the Cock-a-doodle-doo to start doing what it does, and boy does it do it for a long time.

Thanks to Mark for organising everything and for the raffle prize of a ride photo, Thanks to John & Tanya for the lift and door to door drop off which saved me hours and a long walk. Thanks to everyone for being there and making it such a great day. Roll on the next one, but this one will take some beating.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Awesome trip reports Mark, Slayed, Rach and Baz!

After getting crushed on the group photo I was still feeling my shoulder yesterday. Was not good!

Quickie type report:

My trip started off nice and early on Friday morning where I had to meet the flight inbound from Newquay at Stansted to pick up 10WaTT. As soon as he arrived we thought, time for breakfast and had discounted breakfast at Pontis while we waited for Mike to arrive. We looked around the shops etc. waiting. at 11am Mike arrived, so he stocked up on treats for the journey, and setted off to the car park and then to Jordan's.

Got to Jordan's at around 12. Nice and early! Picked up her and Ally. Back onto the M25 towards the M4. Between Jordan's and South Mimms services. Disaster struck, a stone came up and struck me windscreen. Pulled into South Mimms to check it out, and taped it up. Continued on and saw a crack running down the windscreen. Put more tape on at Reading services and then called Autoglass at another services. Gonna cost me £75 to repair, gah! Continued on and got to the Seven Bridge, and found out it was a toll bridge. I was not happy! So £5.30 was collected in to pay to get into Wales.

More tape was added along the way. Got stuck in traffic near Newport and Cardiff. More pain in the arse. Someone suggested shall we nick a traffic cone for a laugh or run along side the car for a laugh.

After a few more hours we made it to Pembrooke travel lodge to drop off Jordan and Ally. Started to head to the campsite, and stopped for some fuel including our bellys! McDonalds was usually slow on the drive thru. Then it was to the campsite! Arrived there about 8 hours. set up tents and met the others.

Few beers, few laughs through the night and then it was time for Oakie! Loved the ERT on Megafobia, definatly my #1 wood. Just got faster and more intense throughout the session and extremely quick at the end of the day.

I refused to do Hydro and Tea Trays as I had to drive home, and didn't fancy being too wet. Speed was ok, I prefer Rage still as Rage is shorter and more intense, whereas Speed is more drawn out. treetops, wtf? Just using the back rows. Struggled big time.

Group photo was painful, held most people up till about 1 second before the flash, damn it! Just hurt soo much!

Just an awesome day in all! Thank you everyone who turned out was easily the best live for a while! Roll of Flamingo Land and Lightwater =D

Oh and photos, mainly from Bounce area: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... =728732779

Video to come soon!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I suppose I should make an effort then and do a trip report ;)

To be honest, despite the dreadful weather in the morning, this was one of the better Lives I've been too. I think it helped that I was actually in a really good mood, and nothing could seem to dent it, not even a latent cold, Will or the rain.

It reminded me of what makes CoasterForce somewhere a little more special. You stand there, and just talk to people you've never met - and it's just 'comfortable'. You know people to an extent from their forum presence, and it really helps things move along. You can see people like Mike and Nicky becoming more comfortable in the large groups, and enjoying them for more than just the rides and parks.

As a group of people to just spend the day with round a park, you really are a superb bunch of people! The Live had a fair amount of upbeat to it, and antics, and people enjoyed themselves almost to spite the rain, rather than in spite of it :)

ERT was, of course, superb. The coaster just become more fun as you randomly tried to stop the pain of the rain hitting your cold face. It added an extra element to the ride. The last ride of the day on the back row was superb as well, such an excellent coaster when it really gets going!

Had lots of LOL moments, but a rubbish memory, so I just remember having a great time all day. The only actually low spot was by the shelter after Treetops - you could see the cold and wet had just seeped into everyone, and with no sign of letup, it was looking like the day would be poor. Afterwards though, when the rain stopped, the good moods returned.

I'll post some pictures soon, all of people, which is the only reason anyone ever looks at the photos to see if they really are as ugly in real life as the mirror shows them ;)

Quick thanks before I do though.

Thanks massively to Mark Slayed for the organisation, both the day and ERT - plus the trip to Pizza Slut. Thanks to everyone for putting up with the stuffed crust car. Even thanks to Will for being surprisingly good company all weekend too :)

A big thanks, which often doesn't seem to come from beyond those affected, to those who offer the lifts and get such a huge amount of people to the Lives. Without your generous natures, the Lives wouldn't be anywhere near as good. Obviously, as Mods, we have a vested interest in giving people a hand, but still thanks to Slayed, Ian, Stone Cold, Divvie_Dave, Tanya, Marc, Hayley/Sarah and Mushroom for lugging people too and from all over the country.

A very few pictures then (my battery was dead, and I needed to get shots at Brean the next day :( )

Deathslide
1.jpg

Somebody

2.jpg

Somebody Else

3.jpg

Another Person

4.jpg

Him.

Brer Rabbit Ride
5.jpg

Peep and annoying-nose-of_Mushroom

6.jpg

SSIL_Furie

7.jpg

A scene from the next George Romero Zombie Flick - Ride of the Dead!

8.jpg

joey and Lucy - Looking good Joey!

9.jpg

An owl

10.jpg

Ant - apparently...

11.jpg

Into the tunnel of love...

12.jpg

Cheese!

End.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I feel very, very, very, very sick today.

And I've got progressively worse as the day has gone on.

The highlight of my weekend was the mentals I traveled and stayed with.

Despite how terrifying being in the car with Stone Cold is, it was brillient.

Slayed is awesome. With his nice car and house and friendly dogs and mother. :lol:

I wish I had been more in the mood and Saturday had been less wet - but that's a given.

Had an awesome time anyway.

But euuuugh feel sick.

My photos are crap, because of the weather. But I took quite a few of people... But you all look horrific because of the appauling weather. :lol:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... =644541270
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... =644541270

I have a load of pics from those of you who did the crystal maze whilst you were in the dome too - I'll upload those later.

Thanks to Stone Cold and Slayed, again. You are both awesome, as much of a bad idea it is to tell Richard that. Being half asleep in his car whilst he shouts agressively to himself about other drivers is lol-worthy.

I can't not mention how dissopointed I was that some people took front row and back row seats on 'Fobia during the ERT more than once. It is irelevent that "everyone else was" and that "we had all day." You should know better and have some consideration for other people. There is no argument to be had here, if you really don't think you were being out of order, I don't want to know about it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
There's always something special about turning up early at a theme park, knowing everybody who is there and having the place to ourselves.

Despite telling myself (and everybody else) that I wouldn't be doing Fobia's back row, that's exactly where I went to first of all. The fun factor was pumping through me and it had to be done. However, I soon regretted it when my head started to twinge which is why I sat out to let Karen ride. I managed another two goes towards the end of the hour, one at the front and one near the middle.

Then it started to rain and my enthuiasm started to dampen along with my hat, coat and jeans.

The bobsleds were fun. They rocked side to side so much but really enjoyable. It's just a shame that it has such a slow throughput. However, with the fast track, they had to leave bigger gaps. If I'm honest, I was disapointed that nobody capsized them!

I went to the car to grab another poncho and grab the Kinda Eggs. I met up with Hayley, Tigger and Jason in the car park before heading back to the meet up.

I was a bit annoyed that the faffle started without me. I would have at least liked the chance to win something seeing as it wasn't me running it for a change!

The Kinda Eggs went down a treat and seemed to make eveybody happy and childish. 60 odd Kind eggs vanaished in 15 minutes. And thanks to the ten people that thanked me for them. I do find it rude when people take a sweet or whatever from me but don't say thanks or even look at me and smile. So if you're feeling a bit guilty reading this then bare that in mind next time I decide to be generous.

I ate about six Kinda Eggs watching the death slide antics which gave me a horrible sugar rush, My head had this ringing sound and my legs felt like jelly.

I sat out of Speed. I just couldn't be bothered to queue or put with with the lift hill...plus the sugar rush made me feel queasy. I treated myself to a chilie dog, cup of tea and a sheltered chat avec Lucy.

Treetops coaster next. Filling the coaster a quater full each time mean a longish queue and post-ride wait for others. By now my feet were soaked through and I was seriously considering going back to the car and wrapping up in my sleeping bag for the rest of the day. I had enough.

Thankfully, lunch was called and I had a pleasent lunch with Martyn, Marc, Mark and Rach. Jacket spud was nice, as was the tea. I was also greatful for the sitting down time and to remove my heavy, sodden coat for an hour.

I started to feel a bit more eagar after lunch and enjoyed that rabbit ride. Perhaps I've seen and experinced some strange things in my life as I didn't find it that cfuked up at all!! Had a nice time chatting to Leighton and Karen in the queue line.

Spooky 3D was quiet good fun, especially as Karen and I were laughing all the way through it. Poor little Aiden. I was winding him up about the monsters before we went in. He sat through the entire ride with his eyes closed and his fingers in his ears. Oh to be scared like that again.

Waterfall/Tea Trays was again my favourite ride at Oakwood. If I'm honest, during my USA trip last year I was spoilt. I find UK parks quite tame and unexciting in comparision. Waterfall is the only ride I've been on since returning from the USA that got my heart pumping. After my first sucessful go, I felt euphoric. Really good. Really, really good. Which is why I went round for another go. All these parks spend millions of pounds making these spanking huge coasters, but it's a tin slide with a tea tray that makes my want to do cartwheels?!! I miss that fear factor. Something that puts my heart in my throat and makes my leg wobble. Which is exactly why I (and Sam) went back for another go. It's a pity a few more people didn't have the balls to go on it at least once.

Faffing for the group photo was fun and it was good to see some people going off to do the boats as some did Bounce. I missed out both...couldn't be bothered. I'd rather people watch and mince about.

A few of us went over to the kids area with Aidan with the intention of whoring the clown coaster. That was shut, so me and Lord K took minor_furie and Aidan to the ball pit area. LOL at minor_furie for sneaking in because he was too tall. Yes, you heard that correctly :lol: I spent a few quid on the two-penny falls and said goodbye to Karen, Katie and Aidan then decided to head over to Megafobia.

Big John and Tigger met me on route to tell me that "it's running really fast!" Jumped on towards the back and had an exceptionaly good ride. Loads of airtime and thrills. Superb.

Then that was it. Time to leave.

If you've managed to read this then I'm sorry I couldn't break it up with photos. I wasn't in the mood for taking them.

As seems to be the norm, I'll end my post with thank yous. Firstly, Slayed for the top notch organisation, badges and wristbands. Next to Sam, Dick, Lord K, David and Infernus for making the long, ardous hourney bareable.

In all it was a mixed day out. I went away with happy memories from Oakwood for three reasons. Waterfall, last ride on Megafobia and of course, you lot. :p

Even though it was a 679 mile round trip, 16 hours in a car, I'd do it all again..but perhaps with a hotel reservation and some sunshine next time!

Dave

CF Legend
Cheers for a fantastic trip guys. Shall have a nice PTR for you at the weekend, just tons of coursework to do before then!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Had an awesome day.

We kicked off with our ERT on Megafobia. As it got wetter and the ride warmed up the trains started running faster and faster, so by the end of the hour the rides we were having were pretty intense. Mind you, the rain hurt.

After theat we went and did the Bobs. That was also pretty fun due to the wet weather.

Then a short attack of the Death Slide, then onto Speed. They were only running one train, so the queue really seemed to crawl. I really liked the ride, however the drop was much more forceless than I expected.

We then moved over to the Treetops Rollercoaster. We only just made it up the lift. Still, whoring is really fun. The thing that I found funny was that there was barely any clearence. You had to duck to avoid branched!

After we had all re-grouped from lunch we went on Brer Rabbit and Spooky 3D. They were the worst two rides I've ever been on, however they were oddly really fun.

We then went over to Hydro. I didn't ride :( (I couldn't really be arsed I'm afraid). It took ages for them to go.

Next we moved over to the dreaded Tea-Trays. Thankfully I didn't fall in, however I have video evidence of Sam falling in. That'll be Youtube soon enough...

We then went for the group photo goodness. Everyone piled in on Mushroom for the silly picture, which resulted in Mushroom in pain.

Then we went over to Bounce, Speed and finished off with another ride on Megafobia.

I would like to thank Mark (Slayed) for the ERT and everyone else for making the day so fun.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Mark said:
having so many prizes and items to give away that actually weren't TAT!
Ian and William provided some as well :p. I fancied the Voyage mug...

BTW, I still have wristbands and some park maps left over, if anyone's interested send me a PM.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Things I've learnt from the weekend;

- Don't camp in Wales... ever.
- Being intelligent doesn't neccessarily mean you have common sense
- How to gain a Subway sandwich for free
- Mark is excellent at organising lives
- Sam openly 'came out' on Megafobia

I'd like to say I enjoyed it as much as everyone else... but I didn't... as usual it was nice to see everyone again, and the kinder eggs were awesome, and Megafobia ERT was nice, but the weather put a massive dampener on the weekend (HAR HAR SEE WHAT I DID THERE).

I would like to make it clear though that Marks organisation skills were excellent and the two major factors which contributed to me not enjoying myself was completely out of his control (weather and journey time)... I even passed up a free go at Vertigo I was that much in a bad mood.

[/mike]

Sam

Giga Poster
Excellent video Kaz, and it clearly shows that I did not "fall in" on the tea trays- I merely slightly lost my balance and got a bit wet.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Pierre said:

Mae Sam yn hoffi dynion.

Say it loud! And proud!

(...sorry Sam :p)

Great vid, too, Karen! I think I'm only in about half a second of it too, so top marks XD

peep

CF Legend
Nice little video there Kaz!

Unfortunately my video will not even hit my pc until next week due to going to the cinema Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday then this weekend its up North for more park fun. So yeah you guys are gonna have to be very patient. Soz.

I will say a few things now, there not be enough time this evening for full reportage.

A big massive thank you to Mark and Richard. You guys are awesomes for travel and accommodation. I have to say that they were the most random car journeys I have ever experienced...

...DRAGON!!!
dragon.gif

I didn't really know what to expect from this weekend but it was probably THE best CF Live I have ever attended. The smooth organization from Mark was a big factor in making it awesomes but seeing everyone again and also getting to actually talk to new peeps was sweet. The antics were brill, glad they made a good return. Shame the weather was pants but that couldn't stop me from having a good time. As Mark pointed out to me, we all knew it was going to be bad weather before we went so there is no need to moan about it (unless you camped it). Btw Ian, big thanks for the kinda egg, was going to say thanks there then got easily bemused by something, meh, the little squirty octopus thingy caused plently of amusement for all :p.

Woop!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I'm going to do the opposite to Ian, and start my post with thankyous. Those thankyous go to everyone at the campsite who came out to help me when my car died at 9pm, in the rain, and dark. It was seriously appreciated, and even though I was royally fooked off by then and i'd had enough, the help I got was massively appreciated. I would've been worrying all night about getting it going again if not. Cheers. I owe every person who helped a beer.

Onto the Live itself. It was a very early start indeed, and after getting up at 3am to the sound of Pierre ringing me to say he was parked on my drive, I was actually falling asleep on the M4 at quarter past 7am lol! It was nice to be there though, and it was nice to get back on Megafobia. I managed 4 rides before the rain, and the headache that the ride had given me got too much, and I decided to sit out the remainder and have a chat with Ian and Martyn. I didn't bother with the toboggan either, I didn't fancy it in the rain, so I took a few photos from a sheltered bit of queue.

After that, I was pretty proud I finally braved the deathslide, one of my few remaining fears, and I loved it enough for enother go. I love the bizarre sensation where you're falling vertically, feet first, and not actually in contact with anything! The ride on Speed after was fun too, despite the rain, and partly because of the oddity that was sat next to me & Leighton, with a big bushy beard and shorts on, squealing about how scary the ride was.

The rain was getting too much when Treetops Coaster came around, so I sat it out with Lucy, and a lot of other people. Lunch was much appreciated too, despite the queue and prices.

Had to lol at Spooky 3D, it was crap, but funny, and the scary 'car horn and bright lights in chest' section really did make me jump! Really wanted to ride Vertigo again, but there was no way I was paying for it. Just had fun taking bets on which of each group would squeal the loudest, and to Aidan pointing out that Martyn 'likes kids' to Stone Cold.

With the weather brightening up, the day did too, and it got more and more fun. I didn't bother with Hydro or the Tea Trays mainly because I didn't want to be damp whilst camping. In the end I got pretty wet on the boat slides anyway, lol, so that was a bit redundant.

All in all, it was a decent day, shame the weather had to be so bad for large portions of the day, and it did spoil it a bit at times, but I still had fun. w00t!

Pierre said:

Sam's now straight, because we all knew he loved men anyway...

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
Leighton said:
For those of you who wondered why I disappeared off to Speed alot:

SPEED POV!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJjbz8xTF0Y[/youtube]

:p

Also, I forgot to say anything about this.

Actually, I really like this POV, it's clean and not blurry!

Top score!

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
My first time to Oakwood and it didn't disappoint at all. Great coasters (even better when it's not raining) and a few other really random rides (death slide & tea trays)which you can only get away with riding when you're with CF. Which is great, but not nearly as good as going to a park with CF anyway for the people etc etc etc.

I'd like to finish by saying thank you to Rob, Chris and John for pushing my car out of the mud, Ian for losing the competition despite having to put up with me speaking unrelenting **** for about 5 hours, for whoever leant me their airbed (BJ&T?), Mark for organising the ERT and Live and the Welsh Police for not pulling me over on sunday morning for driving through their fine countryside whilst half asleep (and in retrospect, half cut - it won't happen again) and the weather for at least not blowing my tent away.