What's new

Cedar Point | Valravn | B&M Dive Machine

Intricks

Strata Poster
I like the placement of the big boy seats. They arent in the middle like SheiKra and Griffon
Plus, 2 per row is a major plus imo

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Photo update from Cedar Point: www.valravn.cedarpoint.com

IMG_9984.jpg

IMG_9979.jpg

IMG_9977.jpg

IMG_9975.jpg

IMG_9969.jpg

IMG_9959.jpg

IMG_9958.jpg

IMG_9952.jpg

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I see what they were trying to do, but it doesn't look good aesthetically or functionally(rainwater is going to do bad things to it).

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: Cedar Point | Valravn | B&M Dive Machine

GuyWithAStick said:
I see what they were trying to do, but it doesn't look good aesthetically or functionally(rainwater is going to do bad things to it).
There are people paid a lot of money to make sure the roof drains properly. Not going to be an actual issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
It's not the roof angles that bother me, it's the weird arched doors on the decidedly modern lines of the building. They don't work together. But tbh, it's the same with the whole "theme" of this ride.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The park has conducted a "mini pull-thru".

[tweet]http://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/714463688401502208[/tweet]

And yes, you are only seeing two rows on the train being tested. Apparently, the first two rows are one piece on the chassis, with the third row coupled on.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Exactly as CrazyCoaster said. I think it can be hard to spot most of the time, but it's generally really obvious on the Dive Machine while they wait on the holding brake:

BGE-8-4-2010-Griffon-35.jpg

Probably worth adding that my understanding is the first two rows can yaw and roll relative to each other, but they just can't pitch. This is so the first two trains act as one 'bogie', giving the rest of the train something solid to lean on.

It's visible on this picture of a Batman ride, if you look at the different distances between the rows:

batman1_joshdavidson.jpg

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Oh so that's why the third row on a dive machine feels so much further back on the holding break.

Yet another reason they all suck except Oblivion which is a precious child who does not wrong.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
And we have train action!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonMcClureCP/status/715272792887975937[/tweet]

Cedar Point temporarily diverted their webcams as this was going on. However, you can see the train now sitting at the bottom of the lift hill.

train_at_base.jpg

And fun side note: The official train colors will be Illustrious Gold, Stately Silver and Majestic Bronze.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Some redditors picked up on tunnel/wall construction happening along the second drop and dive loop. You will also notice what look like peek holes for the walls at the base of the dive loop. Interesting to see what this construction completes as.

camera1.jpg

Here is also another perspective of the coaster.

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/cedarpoint/photos/a.319129566462.158310.10625691462/10153532293541463/?type=3[/facebookpost]

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hyde said:
And fun side note: The official train colors will be Illustrious Gold, Stately Silver and Majestic Bronze.
Late to the party on this but...wow. That's up there with Molly Orange. I'd love to the guy who comes up with rollercoaster colour names. "Would madame prefer the supports in Jaundice Yellow or First-Wee-of-the-Day Gold?

I don't really have much else to contribute. Coaster looks fab though, I like all of those curvy bits.