What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Thanks for the up close shot! That's helps better clarify if we are looking at an overbank or barrel roll.

TwoTonTunic

Roller Poster
I went on Sunday, had a blast and was really happy finally seeing the progress in person. I took a few pictures, but everyone else has posted the same ones. Can't wait to see how much progress is made in during the week.

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
My predictions for stats:

218 feet tall
87-degree drop
80 MPH
~5600 ft long
4 inversions
3 6-car trains (didn't Mean Streak run 7-car PTCs? We might see 7-car RMC trains)

STANDARD BULL**** CEDAR POINT RECORDS:
1) Tallest hybrid
2) Fastest hybrid
3) Longest hybrid (The Ultimate doesn't count because we're Cedar Point, so there)
4) Steepest hybrid
5) Most inversions on a hybrid
6) Most airtime on a hybrid
7) Most track at one park
8) Most rides at one park
9) Most coaster trains at one park (46, IIRC; 47 if they include the Disk-O)
10) World's First Outerbank Top Hat (or whatever)

I'm sure they can find more stuff to dredge up regarding records. Now, the real question is: will there be a big-ass zero-G stall over the bottom of the main drop? And will there be seatbelts?

Mack

Mega Poster
Pretty certain to be a Yes on this, All 3 RMCs I've ridden have seat belts iirc, even the non inverting Lightning Rod.
I know Twisted Colossus does, as due to the supersonic speed at which it must be loaded to duel, riders are instructed to only do the seatbelt, hands off the lap bar. The attendants push those when they sprint front to back to check them.

3 6-car trains (didn't Mean Streak run 7-car PTCs? We might see 7-car RMC trains)
And will there be seatbelts?

Mean Streak was indeed 7-car PTCs. I wouldn't be surprised to see 7-car trains as this will likely bring MS back to the days of the notorious 4 hour line in the infield. It's gonna need all the throughput it can get.

Mack

Mega Poster
I would imagine they're going to try to reveal as little as possible during the season so that guests don't think it is a ride that is ready and also for the big reveal. Construction is probably done until Octoberish.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Id say building is done til August, and will pick back up come the start of Weekend Only operations (which is what, the first weekend after Labor Day?)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I went there yesterday to march with the PJHS band, and when I rode the train back, I saw some ledgers almost parallel to the dip in between the Off-axis top hat and the first inversion. I'm pretty sure that the ledgers were coming from/leading to the MCBR.

Mossed

Roller Poster
The park doesn't work on SATURDAY, and hasn't for the last couple big coasters. They aren't going to stop construction all together, and have advanced the ledgers immensely.