What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
It's not fantastically clear as it was taken out of a car window, but here's a little look at some of that track, plus a little bit more they've added to the bunny hop since that photo was taken:

At the rate they're currently going, an opening next year is looking more and more likely! Looks like the lift angle is around 40 degrees from my crude measurements, which should give a hefty increase to the height of the lift, even if the crest isn't moved further forward. It'll probably look something like this:
3FPyUWQ.png

(From point buzz, not me)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This lift hill experience will be very similar to MF. Sitting right on the lake, with no other major point of reference nearby - it's going to be pretty imposing!

While I was hoping for a steel lift hill, a la Goliath, looks like we are going to have a wooden-supported lift hill.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Snoo

The Legend
Cedar Point is going to be VERY slow with any news on this. Maverick went at a very similar pace.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Damn, what a shame. Really was hoping for a 2017 opening just so I could have an excuse to make the 15 hour drive to Cedar Point for the second year in a row. Since it'll take until 2018, this better be one of the best RMCs yet! Can't wait to see what this babe will look like.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'll be interested to see what the construction schedule pans out as. No other Iron Horse treatment has taken 1+ years to complete.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I like those close ups of the RMC rails, but I only just notice the cute little raptor track in the background!

CoasterEv

Roller Poster
If this isn't opening for the 2017 season, That makes way more excited than I already was to see what this thing is going to look like. I hope the wait is worth it!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
What about Texas Giant?
*Double Checks Year Texas Giant Closed Instead of Month* Well I feel silly.

That puts this entire build timeline into better context, and helps shed light on the 1+ year for conversion.

Jerry was also able to confirm with RMC that no 2017 projects are on their books.

IG9887

Roller Poster
*Double Checks Year Texas Giant Closed Instead of Month* Well I feel silly.

That puts this entire build timeline into better context, and helps shed light on the 1+ year for conversion.

Jerry was also able to confirm with RMC that no 2017 projects are on their books.
Should I still plan on making the trip to CP for the first time next year regardless or wait one more year for this bad boy to open?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ The Mean Streak conversion is not opening in 2017. But a visit to Cedar Point never hurt anyone! :)

Ben

CF Legend
I don't understand this. Because it could so easily be done for next year. But it's not going to be?

When are they just gonna, stop and look at it for a while? Because I get that NTG took a year but that was the first, this just, I don't see why they couldn't be done by May?

Unless they randomly throw it open next year and **** with us all (Jerry can be in on it haha)

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Should I still plan on making the trip to CP for the first time next year regardless or wait one more year for this bad boy to open?
If you can make it in 2018 even if you go in 2017, then yeah, sure, go in 2017. An extra trip to Cedar Point never hurts. But if it's one or the other, definitely wait for 2018. It's an RMC, it will sure be worth the extra year wait even if we don't know what it will look like just yet. Just the two cents though.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
It better be ****ing good if it's taking this long.

Spoiler alert....... It won't be. Because CP.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
It better be :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing good if it's taking this long.

Spoiler alert....... It won't be. Because CP.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

This guy right here. BUT! Maverick took this long and it is pretty damn good. It's not the world beater it was in 2007 but it's still a fun ride, best at Cedar Point IMO.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
At least we'll be able to monitor progress pretty closely.