What's new

Canada's Wonderland |"Leviathan"| B&M HyperGiga

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

The label on the supports have been matched up with track at the B&M plant if what I read on CWMania (page 133 link here: http://www.cwmania.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2051&start=1980). The only thing people aren't certain of are if it is going to just be 200-299 feet due to the MC label, or if it is going to go with what the caps read (giga coaster cap).

Also, from what I gathered, they are pulling that it is going to be a first for B&M and are screaming at a giga 4D. Umm....just the fact that it would be B&M doing a GIGA COASTER would be a first for them, or is there a hidden 300 foot tall B&M out there in the wild that nobody talks about? My vote still stands for the new styled hyper train for this ride. I hope it actually is the first 300ft tall Beemer...cause that would make me happy. Very much so :3

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster

Umm....just the fact that it would be B&M doing a GIGA COASTER would be a first for them, or is there a hidden 300 foot tall B&M out there in the wild that nobody talks about? My vote still stands for the new styled hyper train for this ride. I hope it actually is the first 300ft tall Beemer...cause that would make me happy. Very much so :3

The tallest B&M will go to build a coaster is 260 feet. This is proven by Nitro and Diamondback. It's going to be a while till we see a ride built by them exceeding those heights. B&M cannot build a Giga, because their "Giga" is a Mega coaster. There will be no taller coaster than Behemoth. It will continue to hold the record until it is surpassed by another park in Canada (most probably LaRonde if they are lucky). It would have been a waste of $26 million dollars.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Why can't B&M design a 300 foot tall coaster? It is well within their abilities to design one. The tallest B&M out there is Silver Star at Europa Park at 239 feet. Parks crush their own records all the time. As stated before, Cedar Point did so when they build Top Thrill Dragster. Why did they need to build such a waste of time and space? It wasn't needed as Millennium Force is still a HUGE crowd pleaser, as well as Magnum XL-200.

It has been a while since B&M has really taken a risk. This could very well be one. Guess we will find out on the 18th.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

1. Millennium Force lost its record to Steel Dragon 2000, which was then claimed by TTD. So no, Cedar Point did not beat itself. And yeah, TTD was, and still is, a "big deal" as far as public view is concerned.

2. B&M will not build to 300 ft., as they have stated in the past that the nature of their construction would not be feasible at that height - it would be too costly to build to that height using B&M's support/track design.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Also, WHY IN THE HELL would they make a B&M hyper when there is one RIGHT ACROSS THE PARK! Brains work people. It makes zero sense, especially when supports say "x-works" on them just like it did for Raptor. What is so horrible about accepting it to be a wing walker?

Martyn B

CF Legend

2. B&M will not build to 300 ft., as they have stated in the past that the nature of their construction would not be feasible at that height - it would be too costly to build to that height using B&M's support/track design.

They're getting ever closer though (if the PA rumours turn out to be true, thats what, 270ft?)...

ry1996

Mega Poster

i Now have had a mind change, The labels on the Support beams match the ones b&m have on their coasters which leaves me to think it is a b&m coaster, Wingrider Maybe Not too long to wait until they announce it and also Not be long until the Track is on sight.
I do beleve those supports on site now are for the station or something alike not coaster supports.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: Re: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

Hyde244 said:
1. Millennium Force lost its record to Steel Dragon 2000, which was then claimed by TTD. So no, Cedar Point did not beat itself. And yeah, TTD was, and still is, a "big deal" as far as public view is concerned.

1.) Read what I wrote. Unless SD2k has moved to Cedar Point, my statement is still true. Cedar Point broke THEIR OWN PARK record with the building of Top Thrill.

2.) Cause we all know things stated in the past will ALWAYS remain true.

Switching between the hideouts'...

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster

Also, WHY IN THE HELL would they make a B&M hyper when there is one RIGHT ACROSS THE PARK! Brains work people. It makes zero sense, especially when supports say "x-works" on them just like it did for Raptor. What is so horrible about accepting it to be a wing walker?

That's what I have been saying. It's pointless to waste $26M in less than just 5 years.. Cedar Point lost $50M in less than 3 years just because of Millenium Force (which cost $25M to build) being beaten by Steel Dragon 2000, and to regain the title of the tallest coaster and fastest coaster in the world (Top Thrill Dragster), which, they lost again ($25M) 2 years after due to Kingda Ka surpassing it..

They're getting ever closer though (if the PA rumours turn out to be true, thats what, 270ft?)...
Maybe, and when I say maybe, that's when hell will freeze over.. B&M might build a coaster 270 feet high, but will not permit any drop of 270 feet. It would be much more less, like about 230 feet.

Not most things stated in the past will remain true. When they came out with sit down coasters and stand-ups, they said it would be the leading technology of rollercoasters, until POOF! Georgia Scorcher (in 1999) was the last Stand Up, until Green Lantern was brought to Great Adventure. Now, I believe inverts are seeing the last of their days as well, now that they are replaced by flying coasters, and floorless and dive machines are being replaced by wingriders, because the experience is "much different" (but almost the same if you think about it).

The point of B&M building rides is to offer the best sensation of force that you cannot feel on any other ride. The point of it being the tallest or fastest isn't their goal. The scenery, layout and amount of force is what B&M looks for. To deliver the best experience is what makes a good coaster.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: Re:

Intricks said:
1.) Read what I wrote. Unless SD2k has moved to Cedar Point, my statement is still true. Cedar Point broke THEIR OWN PARK record with the building of Top Thrill.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Alright.... then:

1. You build a bigger, faster coaster to reclaim the record.

2. Considering no B&M has been built taller than 250 ft. ....

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

tomahawKSU said:

I'm glad somebody else has sense.

Guys, they're not going to build anything remotely similar to Behemoth. Behemoth is the park's signature attraction and they can milk it for many years to come. Why wouldn't they build a vastly different experience from Behemoth so they can milk both rides for many years to come?

B&M has all the ability to build a ride over 300 feet. Hell, they could probably build a ride over 400 feet. It has already been mentioned, but it's just not feasible. Sure, a park can order plans and a price estimate for a B&M giga coaster, but they're probably not going to have enough money to pay the $50 million price tag. Another reason we don't see a B&M giga is space. Millennium Force is 6,500 feet long and SD2K is over 8,000 feet long. You need a very large space to fit all that track into. There aren't many parks that can fit a ride that big without a huge expansion and a ton of cash. Canada's Wonderland is no exception. They don't have much room at all to expand and Dragon Fire doesn't sit on a necessarily large footprint.

Lastly, UnlimitedCoaster, take it easy on the bolding.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Martyn B said:

If you build on a hill though, then you can get the height without the support issue maybe? I don't know where it is at Port Aventura, but the may use that, is it a 270ft free standing lift hill and drop?

By the way, are we sure that label is 100% real?

Josh73

Giga Poster

I hope they build, whatever this is going to be! I live in Canada, and in my area, I have only one Amusement park, which has one roller coaster with a top speed of about 25km/h. "I need this!!!" He says as he bursts into tears.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Well, track is on site. Sorry folks, but the Wing Rider theory has been denied. The center pieces connecting the rail to the spine (tresses, cross sections?) are that of an Invert or a Flyer. So now we may be looking at a 200-230 ft tall invert or flyer if what the label says are anything.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
RE: "Unknown" - Canada's Wonderland 2012 Attraction

If its a flyer of that size, I might get sticky pants, especially if its anything like sky scrapper

Sent from your mom's home

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster

B&M track. Like I expected! :wink:

file.php

file.php

It's a flyer indeedi-oh!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

The park already has a Vekoma SLC (however crappy it may be), so of the two, Flyer would make more sense.

The one thing Canada's Wonderland is lacking is a good multi-inversion coaster. I would actually imagine a Floorless model would fit well, as they also already technically have a flying coaster.

steel

Mega Poster

Intricks said:
Well, track is on site. Sorry folks, but the Wing Rider theory has been denied. The center pieces connecting the rail to the spine (tresses, cross sections?) are that of an Invert or a Flyer. So now we may be looking at a 200-230 ft tall invert or flyer if what the label says are anything.
No... I thought that too, but I think the ties you're looking at are an optical illusion. All the ties in focus are the same as standard floorless/sitdown/mega ties. It could still be a wing rider.

Dark Knight:
ohNLL.jpg

Hydra
Ygyrc.jpg

Manta (has curves near the spine and rails - every flying and inverted coaster has both of these these):
UCdBc.jpg

Afterburn (same thing):
1MVNi.jpg

And at Canada's Wonderland (maybe a curve on some of the ties near the rails, but none near the spine anywhere):
N7lhP.jpg

JtI2O.jpg

michaellll

Mega Poster

I love the color! Probably one of my favs! I just hope the don't give it some disgusting support color.

As for what it is I'm really pulling for some kind of sitdown.