What's new

"Buzzsaw" - Maurer Sohne Coaster (SkyLoop?) for Dreamworld

Ben

CF Legend
Re: "Buzzsaw" - Maurer Sohne Coaster (SkyLoop?) for Dreamwor

I really like these, quit your moaning you old convicts, it could be like that bloody Motorbike coaster you got before...

D1993

Hyper Poster

Ben said:
I really like these, quit your moaning you old convicts, it could be like that bloody Motorbike coaster you got before...

I actually like the moto coaster. LOL.
I know everyone doesnt really like it, but I quite enjoy it!
I still think Buzzsaw will be great, but when looking at the superman ride SFDK is getting, I just wish a roller coaster in Australia would go that extra further crazy bit like this ride is.

Theres barely anything in the country, so this is a great addition anyways.
Im actually going in November, so im quite excited to get my 90th coaster credit :)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Gazza said:
When did you start liking X-Cars? Was Ukko good?

Anyway, I'm not complaining too much...The theming is a much better effort than anything they have done recently:
http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.ph ... ch_id=3394
http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/index.ph ... ch_id=3388

Agreed, the station looks great! Is it just me or has every theme park in the world suddenly got obsessed with near-miss points? I do like them though.

Where are the Saw's?

Ben

CF Legend

Gazza said:
When did you start liking X-Cars? Was Ukko good?

Ukko was great, so was the one in China.

I REALLY like Abismo as well, which I rode in 2007. I just love these Skywheel things, they're fab! I think it'll fit perfectly at the sort of park I imagine this to be, and it's still unique in Australia.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ It will be. Its just all Australian theme parks are plagued with the problem that none of their major/big coasters can last for a good amount of time. Alot of the major experiences are all so short. Thats one of the reasons I love rides like Nitro and Goliath (SFMM and SFOG) and the rest.
They last for a while, and you get off thinking, wow I really liked the duration of that ride it was so much fun!
It sucks when the fun is over so quick, especially when operations are really lacking and you have to wait for so long.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

D1993 said:
It sucks when the fun is over so quick, especially when operations are really lacking and you have to wait for so long.

The queue for this ride will be massive as they'll only run it with one train...and although it has 2 cars, only 12 riders can be on it at one time...

ry1996

Mega Poster

Looks Awsome, I really love the theming Effort Dreamworld have gone to.

D1993

Hyper Poster

A haunted-ish looking building has been put up as the station and it looks really cool! Seems there will be an effect with a saw similar to Saw- the ride on the drop

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

Looking good. Although the building does look pretty cool, there isn't anything else...But I guess the queue line hasn't been done yet and neither are the effects and the effects written above^

Don't skywheel's go up the lift hill twice? This one looks as if it only goes up once...or perhaps they're just not doing it with two now?

Ben

CF Legend

^The older ones all do, but, like, Ukko and the one at World Joyland don't. I guess if your park doesn't need the capacity, it goes around twice, if it does, only once...

Josh73

Giga Poster

Looks really cool! I love the station. I cannot wait to see the queue and the theming they put aroung the ride.

D1993

Hyper Poster

It will probably only go around once. But maybe im wrong. Perhaps they can run it differently in certain seasons?
I guess we'll find out soon, its supposed to be opening in a couple weeks.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^I guess they could if they wanted to (By running it twice) but capacity and efficiency are major factors...

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ I guess we will find out tomorrow.
And ill be riding this in November, so hopefully its pretty good

Lofty

CF Legend

Tad annoying? I've never wished for a restraint fail in my entire life, until then.

Gazza

Giga Poster

I rode it today. Park opens at 10, but Maurer didn't hand it over till 2 (Last night it was Maurer running the preview rides) So I just faffed for most of the day since so few waited it out at the entrance.

It was "OK" basically. At least it has no turns, so its not annoyingly rough like HRRR, because it simply doesn't get a chance too.
But i mean, its really what you expect it to do, i didn't step off disappointed, but at the same time, I wasn't really surprised I guess...Its an Immellman and a dive loop joined together basically, and I've done a few vertical lifts.
Rode in the front and back...Back is better because you go through more of the twist on the reverse trip.

I got stapled both times. Bleh.

So overall, it was decent enough.

pin142

Roller Poster

It looks a fun addition to the park and glad to see they have gone to the effort to fit it into the area and not ruin a part of the park so it suits the ride. Will probably get to ride it in around 3 weeks time. Hopefully by then it is in what I see a the proper cycle and not the cut down one in the video.