What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Falcon's Fury | Intamin Drop Tower

peep

CF Legend
Forgot to post it in here the other day but on Monday there was an interview with Mark Rose in the Metro newspaper...

1908935_10153852099405360_1560766528_o.jpg

EDIT: That video is quite interesting once they get inside the tower. I think that's the first time I've seen inside one. Is it just me or is the marketing for this ride a bit all over the place though? Like the videos seem to be trying hard to be 90s hip (shaky text everywhere, really?), the artwork is really nice and stylized to the theme of the area and then there's that infographic posted earlier. Just very confusing. Still, they're getting lots of attention.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
^^yeah I felt that. Also the whole 'director of awesomeness'. So far up their own arses I dunno how they aren't inside out.

spicy

Giga Poster
Other than being typically cheesy American that video was actually really interesting and I really like it when parks release material like that and wish that more parks would do the same.

As for the drop tower? Looks incredible and I'm looking forward to see how it's going to ride. I'm imagining a kind of dive machine experience which is only a good thing.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Busch Gardens have confirmed on their Twitter account Falcon's Fury will open 1st May:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BuschGardens/status/439394246739898368[/tweet]

_koppen

Hyper Poster
It dosen't matter how much downtime this thing will have, it will still be one of the most badass rides in the world!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
_koppen said:
It dosen't matter how much downtime this thing will have...

Have some optimism!

But I agree, it will be 'badass'. Drop towers are thilling anyway, not usually my cup of tea, but I am looking forward to riding this in the summer.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I can see the brakes for this killing the whole ride completely, to whole point was to be falling to the ground face first, but thats hardly the case.

Lofty

CF Legend
It drops, at 90°, I'm pretty sure that qualifies as falling to the ground face first.

The brakes are obviously going to be pretty high on this so it has enough time to settle the seats back. We've known this since day one, I'd much prefer this then a more vigorous braking system facing to the floor, pushing your full weight onto the restraint via your chest and midriff. Look at Mach Tower, that brakes somewhat high up too.

In my opinion, a drop tower isn't about the falling section, it's about the initial sudden drop and height. Even the height doesn't play a big part if you look at the likes of Drop Dead, they're amongst some of the best drop towers going and at a minuscule height of only 5 meters, they're experience is based solely on the sudden release.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Got the media day invite from Busch Gardens a few days ago :D Should be getting to ride it at the end of April, yaayyy! :D

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Busch Gardens have released their 3rd 'Webisode' for Falcon's Fury updates. Nothing new on the actual ride just lots of info about the new area, Pantopia.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laL-aR3aQLk&list=PLQcnnUF8aOgYDag1iJE6Yvm4sMWnzKYbY[/youtube]

I love the look of those bacon pretzels <3

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Those trains look pretty schmexy actually. Has it actually started testing now? I've had a quick scan through the interweb and can't find anything to suggest it has.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Being hung out from the tower that far looks terrifying! NO. NOT FOR ME. GONNA GO RIDE CHEETAH HUNT INSTEAD. :shock: