What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Falcon's Fury | Intamin Drop Tower

Ethan

Strata Poster
Re: Busch Gardens Tampa - Drop Tower 2013

It says on that site it has 8 sets of 4 seats, but I can only see 4 sets...

Intricks

Strata Poster

Diagonal sets.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend

I'd love it if it was Intamin. It'd spite BGE's stupid no Intamin policy which blates will bite them in the arse.

dominoes

Mega Poster

The wierd thing is, I way prefer the Fabbari drop towers. Either way, this sounds good. Shame there is no more information.

D1993

Hyper Poster

Mach tower looks absolutely crap .... I hope this is a nice and tall Intamin freefall.

nadroJ

CF Legend

This couldn't be more perfect. I've always felt the Orlando/Tampa holiday to be lacking in drop towers (yes, ToT does count, but it's a different ride experience and Dr. Doom's at IoA are shot towers) so this will fit in perfectly.

Where abouts is this being plonked then? (Never good at reading plans).

CMonster

Giga Poster

^They're relocating SandStorm to near Gwazi and putting the tower in that lot. The parkrumors site has an overlay of the plans. The big circle in the middle-ish part is Sandstorm.

andrus

Giga Poster

Oh yes! Every good theme park should have a drop tower! I agree with the others, I hope it's a big Intamin one rather than a Moser.

madhjsp

Giga Poster

I thought Mach Tower was fine.. nothing compared to Drop Zone at KD just down the road, but still a good addition to the park. Glad to see BGT's getting a tower now as well.

bmac

Giga Poster

Timbuktu needs more love. That area is going to be a living hell for traffic while the drop tower is being built.

Nic

Strata Poster

Sorry, but my money's on a Moser. Well, at least, not an Intamin. Not with that seat configuration.

bmac

Giga Poster

After Moser's fiasco with Mach Tower I doubt they'll be building one in the states any time soon, especially at the sister park.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

My money is not on Moser.

The busch parks behave very differently to each other these days. Plus, Tampa has no issue buying Intamin, Williamsburg do. Anyone with any sense buys Intamin towers, especially after the fiasco with Mach Tower.

The news surprises me full stop though. Do parks not pay any attention to how little people care for tower rides? Mach tower is never busy. Still, suites Tampa more than Willyburg.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^^ Don't agree to be honest. I can't speak for Mach Tower, but tower rides in general, while they may not always get huge queues (though I've seen plenty of them that do), always seem to be fairly full.

STC

Mega Poster

Is it possible that Busch made a 'two-ride deal' with Moser, signed before Mach Tower turned out to be a cock-up?