What's new

Brand New Coaster Train at Stafford Services, M6.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Its about the right time really going on Saw's construction timing. That was planned for June/July, ending up being July 1st as a starting point for groundworks. We got an erection of steel in early September. Seems about the right time to get parts stored.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yes all fingers really do point towards Alton, its the only park we know for definate that's getting a new coaster, so we have to presume its for that.

Though I cant imagine Alton's coaster having white supports.

Dave

CF Legend
Question,

Why would the trains arrive before the track? Just a thought....

Plus Mumbo Jumbo only has 2 trains at the moment, so it could be the remaining ones.

luke8

Mega Poster
I can basically rule out them being Mumbo Jumbo's. There quite 'tall' so to speak, with the horrible shoulder restraints, whereas these were separated and not connected in 'individual' cars. MJ's cars are like 8 seats and longer and taller. (no more than 2 or 4 seats in them) AND they were low down with what I could tell, no OTSR's.

Like someone said, ti is possible there the basic shell and perhaps there getting an extensive amount of theming which will take several months. Who knows?

A

Anonymous

Rite well I just spoke to the fella, and it wasn't near birmingham that the supports were.
It was near the A50 which runs to Derby. Tbh I wasn't paying much attention. I was just excited.
The A50 runs up near Uttoxeter.
So maybe this could be for Alton?

Not 100% it was around where I said or where the Fella said but he seems to think it was just before the Derby junction that we last seen it.

Hmmmmm

costar

Mega Poster
kitsune said:
I will admit it is more than likely for Alton but i was just thinking quad-lateral rather then uni/bi lateral.

Huh? What does the train tell you about the track structure? Am i missing something? A single Intamin train can run on quad, tri or bi-rail if necessary.

luke8 said:
MJ's cars are like 8 seats and longer and taller.

MJ's cars have 4 seats, are really not very long and could quite easily be transported without the shoulder restraints fitted (to save space) and so would appear less tall. They could have also come from Utah, via the Atlantic to a UK west coast port..

I'm not saying they are necessarily MJ's trains but it is probably more likely than the still-being-designed Alton ride.

A

Anonymous

1) I wasnt talking about the track.
2) Altons coaster track looks to be Bi rail from what the pics show.
3) I was thinking it could be todo with some other park thats doing some experimenting.

It could be as said going to be Extencivly theamed at a studios.

costar

Mega Poster
kitsune said:
but i was just thinking quad-lateral rather then uni/bi lateral.
Sorry, then i misunderstood you. If you weren't talking about the track then what were you talking about? What is quad lateral?

I take your point that it could be going for theming but it's still a little too quick. Don't forget that these things don't come off a production line like cars. The materials need to be sourced, tested, delivered. Hundreds of parts need machining, inspecting for tolerances, assembling. Then there will be some welding, final shipping - it all takes months. For this train to ready, it would need to have been started around the time the council was debating the planning. Unlikely, that's all i'm saying.

A

Anonymous

Who knows. But we still don't know if the train is for alton or just some random thing.

luke8

Mega Poster
Only problem with that is they looked NOTHING like MJ's cars. Really, they were extremely low and small/thing/not very long/whatever.

I'm still extremely confident that they were definitely coaster trains, definitely brand new and 90% definitely Intamin.

Besides, Mumbo's already had it's trains delivered. Last one arrived on Monday. I saw these on Wednesday.

A

Anonymous

What colour?

Did they have restraints?

Did they have body panels?

What intamin trains did they look like?

Did they have wheels on them?

more info please...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I bet they are for the Olympic Stadium...

Unless proven, I doubt that this is a coaster train. If it is, may I ask a few questions?

1) Is there any coaster in the UK that is currently being relocated?
2) Are there any rides in storage, that are rumoured to be sold or scrapped?
3) Is there any other kind of ride that has cars looking like coaster trains?
4) Are any UK coasters currently down because of exessive maintenance?
5) Is there any ride in the UK that has been rumoured to get new trains?

Rush

Giga Poster
Do you remember the "Photoshop Rides" competition and the winner was an Intamin Accelerator in Wembley Stadium?

Well, it's for that! :p

Martyn B

CF Legend
One thing that know one has mentioned, it could just be a new train for an old coaster?

I know Pleasurewood aren't happy with Wipeout's train? (Very unlikely I know).

New train for Colossus?

Who knows!

luke8

Mega Poster
Maykay;

Tried reading the first post/my other posts in this topic for answers to them?

I'll ****ing answer them anywho;

1. For the last time, it was several yards away, and i saw them for about 10 seconds, not to mention they were under Polythene wrapping - why would a coaster train just be sitting there un-wrapped?

2. Like said, there was no OTSR's, they wern't 'tall' enough, there was probably lap bars.

3. Well, I've never seen a train without them so what you reckon?

4. For the last time, read the first post. Mega ****ing Lite.

5. Once again I've only seen them for a few seconds at a glance, and I've never seen a coaster train without one. So what do you reckon?