What's new

Brand New Coaster Train at Stafford Services, M6.

luke8

Mega Poster
Wow.

Going into Stafford Services (North bound) on the M6, you go down a really long road, and ocne you come round the corner into the car park you can see to the right, the exit road about 200 yards away.

As we pulled in and came round the corner, a big open top carrier lorry was just driving out of the exit, with polystyrene covered individual 'cars' for what looked like a Coaster Train. it had the same characteristics as an Intamin Mega/(Lite) train.

Being with a new girlfriend I kinda felt embarrassed to shout 'Quick, drive out again and follow that truck!' as she's no idea I'm a bit of a coaster nerd. I was dying to ask her to follow, though. :(

Probably not worthy of a topic but it was DEFINITELY 100% a coaster train and DEFINITELY 100% on an open top lorry.

I would sware down on anything that it was, I can guarantee you. Let the ridiculous rumours begin? :)

Snoo

The Legend
Well.. you shoulda snapped some photos.. and you need to come out to your girlfriend. :p

Also.. seeing as the UK does not have any coasters which would need an Intamin non-OTSR train, I don't know what it could be for.

Alton? :lol:

luke8

Mega Poster
I can't see why Alton would be getting their trains delivered already though. Maybe it's been partly made at the Intamin plant in Switzerland or w/e it is these days and has come to the UK to have other parts fitted and painted before being delivered to Alton later on in the year?

It might not have been an Intamin, but it looked pretty similar from what I could tell from a distance.

Just noticed that other thread about someone thinking they saw some white supports too....how odd?

A

Anonymous

Alton 2010 (SW6) who knows but isnt it alil to early for trains if it is alton bound.

It could be a shipment passing through. unless there is a park wnating a train switch that is doubtfull but Who knows.

It could be Intamin cars or maybe a close looking copy.

marc

CF Legend
Chris mentioned he saw supports going down the M6.

http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/view ... ht=#602071

The parts could have been shipped in via Hull or even flown into Manchester. But I would bet they have shipped them in to Hull.

But he said they were heading towards Birmingham so thats past Alton, but could be they would rather use the M1 than the M6 as its better roads if its for Alton that is which it must be.

I can not see what other park this would be for, and there is no reason why they would be in the UK if they were not meant for the UK!

marc

CF Legend
Yes they have its in the topic, they are testing the ride and they dont look like Intamin trains

spicy

Giga Poster
^Havent been following the topic, it's also pretty hard to guarantee what type of train it is by glimpsing at it coming out of a service station, you can't definately say it's an intamin train.

Also like people have said why would the train be delivered to Alton before any track?

Only thing I can think of is if it is the Alton train, where are the Tussauds studios? Taken there for some extensive theming maybe?

marc

CF Legend
How do we know that no track has been delivered though? As its been said some supports have been spotted on the M6 as well.

Slash

Giga Poster
They are keeping us on our feet aren't they?

Well if the rumours are true then I can imagine the supports are arriving soon and that'll be confirmed soon if so.

However the trains. Other than the Black Hole tent, I can't see where they are going to put the trains if they are arriving so early. And I can't see them being stored there.

It couldn't possibly be for another coaster. Couldn't be Pinfari trains could they? No, I guess not....

I can't see why else these would have appeared... Intamin too...

A

Anonymous

Isn't this just making assumptions. It maybe for Alton or not The timing is pretty good if it is for Alton.

marc

CF Legend
What other park in the UK has got planning permission?, what other park is getting a new coaster? and what park can afford this type of coaster.

A

Anonymous

I will admit it is more than likely for Alton but i was just thinking quad-lateral rather then uni/bi lateral.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
What other park in the UK has got planning permission?, what other park is getting a new coaster? and what park can afford this type of coaster.

Not to mention Alton is near Stafford.

And many sites have reported this ride is an Intamin.

If this is accurate, it would make sense. The plans showed bi-rail.

A

Anonymous

The Alton coaster could be a Hybrid based on a maga lite but with aspects of other coasters in the books or a one off.