What's new

Blue Streak wins! Finally open! Conneaut Lake Park

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Not really an advertisement per say, but your vote will count. Voting ends July 31 & this is currently ranked 19th. Only the top ten ideas will get the funds so please vote now & everyday until the end of the month. Let's help get this classic coaster re-opened! Please spread the word. Thanks.
Clicky http://pep.si/bTTsfc
p17812.jpg

The 1938 Blue Streak woodie at Conneaut Lake Park is 1 of only 2 of Ed Vettel-design coasters still standing. It last ran in 2006 (the Park was closed in 2007/8, reopened in 2009 & is open now). Dormancy & lack of resources prevented maintenance; the ride (incl. original cars) needs restoration.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks bud!
You don't have to create an account to vote. Just use your facebook account (if you have one).

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks furie!
Please vote everyone. It only takes a minute.
One day you might want this cred & nows your chance to do something about it!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
*moved to General Discussions and put up news item so it gets more views*

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I encountered an error when I tried through my Facebook profile. I can't seem to vote again, but I'm not sure if it counted, I hope so. This would be a great thing to see happen.

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
Voted. Awesome to see that it's now 18th. I'm glad to see that Conneaut Lake didn't just demolish it and have been actively trying to restore the park instead of letting it go to waste.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks everyone. Keep voting everyday or it will never make it into the top 10.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah 17th! Moving up everyday now. Keep those votes coming & it just might make it!
Thanks everyone! :)

Naemuti

Mega Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
Yeah 17th! Moving up everyday now. Keep those votes coming & it just might make it!
Thanks everyone! :)

I guess I am just less optimistic than you, but I haven't seen it budge from 17th all day. Been bugging all my friends to vote and posting it om Facebook, too. :?

EDIT: Well, it's 16th now. It was as of yesterday. I guess that is SOME progress.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
It's in 15th now. Four days to go, this is going to be really close. I'm urging just about every single person I can to vote for this, and I just made my vote today.