What's new

Blue Streak wins! Finally open! Conneaut Lake Park

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If you're a member of other sites, make sure they're aware of it as well.

I've also been voting daily.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
I voted again as well. I wonder if this has been on the local news at all in the town of the park. :?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This didn't make it into the top 10 :(

However, it open again for another month. It's currently ranked 151st!

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Ian said:
This didn't make it into the top 10 :(

However, it open again for another month. It's currently ranked 151st!

Really? It went down that fast? It was 5th when I checked like, two days ago. :(

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know how many of you are still voting, but it's now up to #1!
Thanks for all your support at getting this done & keep voting everyday until Aug. 31st to make sure it stays in the top 10!

Naemuti

Mega Poster
East Coast(er) General said:
I don't know how many of you are still voting, but it's now up to #1!
Thanks for all your support at getting this done & keep voting everyday until Aug. 31st to make sure it stays in the top 10!

I am! :D I was completely shocked to see it in #2, and it looks like that's how it's going to stay. Let's hope it does.

EDIT: Congratulations! For the month of August, the Blue Streak not only won the $50,000, it came in first! :p

Snoo

The Legend
Visited Conneaut Lake Park today to ride the legendary Blue Streak.

b87fa7fe57726af5efb82ea.jpg

The.. 'midway'.. and Blue Streaks station.

cf56da1948d434976239592.jpg

The sign!

ccc89e5543b501e304a5a96.jpg

First hill.

9bb1e58f244f84e9a4e724a.jpg

First hill, second angle.

ffa94ba2551ba63e2497e88.jpg

On the way back. :)

8393886e59b4dd2a8b8e147.jpg

The station.

Overall, the ride was actually quite good for its age. You can hardly tell that it hasn't been running for a while. The airtime was amazing as it only had buzz bars. If you are on a wheel.. it really takes it down a notch.. but overall, good. :--D

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Wow, they got that up and running quick! Excellent to see it open, and from the sounds of it, running very well. I'm glad I submitted around 10 votes now *chuffed face* :D

I shall have to drink to Pepsi later on (with a can of Pepsi, of course...No alcohol 'cause I'm a cheap skate)

Snoo

The Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16l0PQBgHLs[/youtube]

Also had a video or somethin.. :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That's excellent news! I have to admit that I stopped voting after last month, but other people's persistence paid off!

Nice one :)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Very surprised it won really, since there were far more important causes in there. Lol.

But, I'm confused, why is it open already? What happened to the epic work that it needed? Finished already? ...Really?

marc

CF Legend
From what I just read there is loads that needs to be done but they got the worst of it fixed so it could open up.

Snoo

The Legend
^Exactly. A LOT needs to be done for the ride. The 100k they want to raise (they are up to 75k with the Pepsi stuff) will be a complete and total refurbishment.

They are only opening it for selected days to raise some money ($3 per ride ticket) in the next few months then closing it for the winter, hoping to get the money so they can do the complete overhaul. Believe me, the ride looked like absolute crap, from one end to the other.

Judging by the amount of people I saw there for my 4 hours, they should have made a few grand on Sunday. Plus.. there was really nothing else open.

Jer

Strata Poster
Great video and pictures Snoo. It's great to see such an old coaster back up an running.

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Ian said:
*bump!*

They want your votes once gain.

Not being funny of anything, but seeing as thsi hapened last year, isn't throwing good money after bad?

Regardless, you can vote here:

Not quite sure what you're on about; All I see is "grant awarded" and no voting button.