What's new

Best ride soundtrack

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
So Chiapas at Phantasialand has a slightly Christmased up version of its soundtrack, unfortunately I discovered this because I thought it would be clever to ride it in -3°c at Wintertaum.

Wilde Hilde-that chicken beat drop it stupid...and I love it

Velocicoaster is great...just wish it was on ride

Manta SWSD or SWO...same soundtrack, but it fits perfectly for both

X2...it has to be for the bizzare way that it aged itself, but it fits so well

Flash Shift

Roller Poster
Helix at Liseberg's is just an epic. It really is.

I'm also really fond of the original 2000s AIR soundtrack, last time I went to Alton Towers it was playing in the Forbidden Valley, was nice to hear.

Leon

Roller Poster
For me it has to be the old valhalla music at Blackpool pleasure beach why did they ruin it with the new soundtrack i hate it bring back the old one please.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
The whole soundtrack for Rookburgh is by far my favourite! Hearing it in the Charles Lindbergh Hotel in a morning before you enter the park area itself is an incredible experience 😱

Some of my other favourites scores are :

-Klugheim
-Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
-Nemesis

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Wrooooongggggg, so wrong, all of you. Numpties.
Clearly, anything with a soundtrack by John Williams wins by default. The obvious example being Rise of the Resistance, all 18 glorious minutes of it, but shout outs to any of the original Jurassic Park rides, any of the Indiana Jones rides, the Harry Potter rides, even things like ET and the old Jaws ride.

IMAscore my arse.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. You’re all wrong.
The best sound tracks are nice and simple.

1. Talocan (Chiapas theme cycle)

Simply the greatest piece of Theme park music ever written. The finishing touch on making a simple, humble flat ride quite possibly the greatest 2 minute show at any theme park in the world.

2. The Incredible Hulk On Board Soundtrack

If you don't feel like you're about to hulk out after greying out on the bit before the mid course brake run when those big horns come in, somethings wrong with you.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I'm gonna go with Helix

I do love the way Ride to Happiness sounds on ride, the way it seems to flow with the ride, but listening to it off ride it's not nearly as good.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Ride to Happiness.

But I should talk about Helix's soundtrack because the reverse happens to what should happen with a park soundtrack because usually a soundtrack sounds quite cool listening to it over the internet and then hearing it in real life should be an otherworldly feeling like "wow, I'm really here!". Well the opposite happened with Helix.
Over YouTube it sounds awesome. Really cool, sets the vibe so well... but hearing it in real life at Liseberg just felt strange in a weird way. I'm not sure if it was 'struggling to comprehend the fact I'm at Liseberg' (as that never happened anywhere else, not even at Disney). But hearing it in the station and queue wasn't really hitting the way I wanted it to. If anything I was getting very used to the station loop quite quickly; for some reason they only use a couple minutes of the 20 minute section that it's from. Even that big drop where the music gets massively hyped up, I wasn't quite feeling it while waiting for my ride. So I don't know what's wrong with me in that department.

I will say however, that hearing the buildup to said drop in the front row overlooking Gothenburg city at night is where the music felt incredible. It felt fantastic. But anywhere else...

cookie

Giga Poster

Can't find good quality versions of these on Youtube, but would also like to shout out Kondaa's area soundtrack and the music playing at the entrance to Djurs Sommerland (makes me teary-eyed, tbh, it's so nice and soothing).