Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Shambhala

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other...

Votes: 5 6.1%

• Total voters

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
So, i've recently come back from visiting France and Belgium to hit three of what I assumed to be the best coasters in Europe; Toutatis, Kondaa and Ride to Happiness. I'm curious to hear peoples thoughts on what European coaster stands out as the best of the best!

Obvioulsy, having only been to UK parks (as if any of those have anything worth listing here), Disneyland Paris, Parc Asterix, Walibi Holland and Plopsaland De Panne my scope is quite limited. However, for me I struggle to see anything topping Kondaa. Dear god that ride blew me away! It's a relentless assault on your senses. The airtime never lets up and never fails to hit hard. The ejector on this coaster is sublime and lasts from start to finish. I genuinely don't know what could top this for me. I'm hoping that perhaps Untamed or Zadra may stand a chance, but if Ride to Happiness didn't I'm starting to think that nothing can in Europe.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
How odd. I'm not super well travled in Europe, but I'd say I'm pretty traveled. I've got 186 Euro Credits across 15 countries, yet I've only ridden two three of the ones on your list....and none are my favorite, although four of them are on my to-do list. I've ridden Taiga, Shambhala, and GeForce with Taiga being the only one that wow'd me, although my few rides on Shambhala were in December and I never got the seats I wanted, so maybe it would have placed higher if I had gone in summer. GeForce I honestly didn't care for

based off my rides I'd go with Black Mamba, Dragon Khan, Nemesis, and maybe Thundercoaster (TusenFryd)

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
How odd. I'm not super well travled in Europe, but I'd say I'm pretty traveled. I've got 186 Euro Credits across 15 countries, yet I've only ridden two three of the ones on your list....and none are my favorite, although four of them are on my to-do list. I've ridden Taiga, Shambhala, and GeForce with Taiga being the only one that wow'd me, although my few rides on Shambhala were in December and I never got the seats I wanted, so maybe it would have placed higher if I had gone in summer. GeForce I honestly didn't care for

based off my rides I'd go with Black Mamba, Dragon Khan, Nemesis, and maybe Thundercoaster (TusenFryd)
Ooh interesting. I went based off what I've seen paraded around as the best. I nearly put the likes of Oziris and Black Mamba on, but I don't see them talked about in quite the same manner as the ones I picked. I'm curious now as to what 'others' people might pick. What's Thundercoaster like? It's a Vekoma isn't it? I rode Loup-Garou the other week and it's sunk right to the bottom of my cred list. Absolutely despised the thing.

Untamed for me. RMC at their very best.

Closely followed by Taron.

Haha oh I very much like this post given Phantasia and Walibi Holland are the next two parks i'm aiming to visit!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Wow, looking at that list makes you realise how much good stuff has been happening in Europe lately. Some cracking coasters on there

RTH is the winner for me, there's simply nothing else out there quite like it.

Helix and Shambhala tie for 2nd place.

Then Untamed, Wildfire, Kondaa and Taron - all still in a territory that I'd class as Top 10 worthy.

Then Zadra, Hyperion and EGF. Top 20 material, right there.

Then Karnan and Lech. Maybe worthy of Top 10% ... on a good day.

Haven't ridden Tout', Taig' or Goth'.

Coasters missing from the poll? Well, there's Nemesis, Stealth, Colossos, Balder, Troy, Wodan, Red Force, Piraten, Fønix... to name but a few.

Last edited:

jasone

Roller Poster
Ride to happiness is the absolute winner for me. It’s just such a great layout and depending on your positioning during certain elements there are some absolutely insane moments.

Taron takes second for me. Then Toutatis takes third for me, it is actually a much better all round coaster in my opinion than untamed, which takes 4th..

Smithy

Strata Poster
I went Helix just because Balder wasn't there but tbh, the two have been interchangeable in my top two for years.

I haven't ridden anything new for ages, and of those on the list, only Shambhala and Taron really get close. My top 10 tends to change regularly depending on what I rant to ride most at any one moment in time and at the moment, there's no ride I'd rather queue up for than Balder.

Sandman

Giga Poster
^ Always glad to see someone mention Balder in these types of threads. Often overlooked, always fab.

I don't think it's particularly fair for me to have a fully formed opinion as I don't have the likes of the Energylandia creds or the new for 2023 Intamins yet.

Right now it's firmly Taron.

Night rides on Taron are an experience that no other European coaster has topped yet.

RTH, Helix, Shambhala and Untamed are so closely contested that on any given day they are interchangeable to me. They are all nestled firmly within my Top 10 right now.

Ethan

Strata Poster
In terms of the coaster itself, Ride to Happiness is my current number one, followed by Kondaa, Taron, Toutatis and Gotham City Escape.

I think Taron will always be my number one at heart though, there's just something about it. It feels so epic.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Definitely some notable exclusions from this list that others have already pointed out. I voted "other" for Piraten. It's just some of the best airtime you could ever get, along with surprising laterals to make it even crazier. After that I would've said Wildfire.

Obviously haven't done as many as others have. The ones that pique my interest are Ride to Happiness, Zadra, and Taiga.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This calls for...tables!!

Here are my Top 10 European coasters:

European RankCoaster
1Taron
2Taiga
3Untamed
4Helix
5Oz'Iris
6Balder
7Lost Gravity
8Der Schwur des Kärnan
9Nemesis
10Joris en de Draak

From the list of votable creds, I haven't ridden Kondaa, Toutatis, Zadra, Wildfire, Expedition GeForce, Batman Gotham City Escape and Shambhala. Of the ones I have ridden, here's how I rank them (featuring their ranking in my overall list):

RankCoaster
1Taron
2Taiga
3Untamed
5Helix
7Balder
9Der Schwur des Kärnan
21Hyperion
22Lech Coaster
44Ride to Happiness

Oz'Iris and Nemesis should be genuine contenders for best coaster in Europe in my eyes too. In terms of extreme thrill rides, the likes of Colossos, Troy, Black Mamba and Piraten are all fairly in the conversation in my eyes too, depending on what you're after.

Side note: Whilst RtH lags down in my list, I fully appreciate why people rate it so highly, and I might have had it on a bad day. So although I disagree, I totally get it.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Top 10 Europe for me:
1. Helix
2. Ride to Happiness
3. Toutatis
4. Taiga
5. Zadra
6. Untamed
7. Kondaa
8. Taron
9. Hyperion
10. Wildfire

All featured in the poll, nice.

Of what's also featured:
11. Schwur des Kärnan
12. Other
13. Expedition GeForce
14. Shambhala
15. Lech Coaster

Soon. Batman

Hutch

Strata Poster
Doing lists now? Don't mind if I do!

1. Piraten
2. Wildfire
3. Nemesis
4. Shambhala
5. Colossos
6. Fonix
7. Jetline
8. Stealth
9. Juvelen
10. Monster

Should be sweetening that list later this year!

EDIT: Forgot about Shammy!

Last edited:

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Ooo European list top 10… go on then.

1. Zadra
2. Untamed
3. Ride to Happiness
4. Hyperion
5. Lech Coaster
6. Nemesis
7. Expedition G-Force
8. Taiga
9. Helix
10. Shambhala

All of those are within my top 30, which is a pretty good showing for Europe all things considered. I haven’t actually ridden the others, aside from Taron, which I rank as a very respectable ‘36th’.

James F

Hyper Poster
1. Hyperion
2: Helix
3. Zadra
4. Untamed
5. Toutatis
6. Schwur des Kärnan
7. Kondaa
8. Shambhala
9. Taron
10. Ride to Happiness

So basically my general top 10, all brilliant coasters in their own right. The one I haven't been on that takes my most interest is Wildfire.

Last edited:

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Seems to be far from a popular opinion nowadays, but EGF is still the best for me (though I am perhaps due a re-ride).

My top 10 in Europe (with placement in my overall rankings in brackets):

1. Expedition GeForce (#5)
2. Untamed (#7)
3. Ride to Happiness (#8)
4. Hyperion (#10)
5. Shambhala (#11)
6. Zadra (#13)
7. Taiga (#16)
8. Wildfire (#18)
9. Katun (#21)
10. Kondaa (#22)

Haven't done Toutatis or Batman Gotham City Escape, but the others in the poll rank as follows:

Helix (#27)
Taron (#31)
Schwur des Kärnan (#39)
Lech Coaster (#51)

Of omissions not yet mentioned, I'd say Katun and Monster (Parc Walygator) deserve to be in contention for their impressive displays of power, although naturally a community-wide bias for airtime probably knocks them down a lot of people's rankings or bucket lists. I'd say they're the two most intense B&M inverts of the ones I've done.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Me when I don't see Taron hitting people's Top 5-10 best European coasters

giphy.gif

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Out of the ones I've ridden so far....

1. Taron
2. F.L.Y
3. Untamed
4. Shambhala
5. Red Force