What's new

Best coaster at night?

harlow12

Roller Poster
For me I couldn't decide, so here is my top five.

1.Raven, Holiday World- On the few days they turn all the lights off it is a one of a kind expierience.
2. Hulk, Islands of Adventure- Makes the first dive toward the lake seem as if you are diving into a black abyss.
3. Batman, Six Flags over Georgia- Truly adds a thrill of making it seem as if your head is going to come off.
4. Shiekra, Busch Gardens- the fact that you can only see one light when waiting for the first drop is truly terrifying.
5. Mindbender, Six Flags over Georgia- My favorite ride, so it goes into my top 5 no matter what time of day it is.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Although I have ridden many coasters in the dark at Alton, Oakwood, Thorpe, Chessington, Legoland and BPB - and enjoyed most of them, my top ones would be:

1. Troy - October this year, riding until 11pm
2. Expedition GeForce, riding until 1130pm this summer
3. Big Thunder Mountain, DLRP, riding until 10pm this summer
4. Black Mamba, riding until 8pm in January.
5. Troy - snowing and -7 last January. It would have been higher barring the pain from the cold.
6. Balder - a few years ago with CF.
7. Nemesis at Scarefest 2 years ago.
8. MegaFobia a few years ago until 10pm.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Why is this topic still going, I said Beat was the best. :razz:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Furious Baco - because it's closed and you can't go on it :p

Dragon Khan was great in the dark, but only because it had warmed up.

Really, the rides at Blackpool all change in the evening, as the rides take on a new life in the dark.

Lisebergbanan was really awesome in the dark though. Diving off the hillside is brilliant, really good ride in the dark.

Obviously Nemesis in the dark, but been there and done that a little too much :)

BetaKitten

Mega Poster
furie said:
Lisebergbanan was really awesome in the dark though. Diving off the hillside is brilliant, really good ride in the dark.

<3 Indeed!

And seconded with Blackpool stuff... it's always awesome in the dark there...

A

Anonymous

In no particular order:

El Toro.

The lights over the hills and the twister section generate a great sense of speed and make the extreme airtime seem even more intense, especially since it's at max speed for the day!

Nitro (Fright Fest).

Nitro is amazing at night any day, but on Fright Fest, it's virtually pitch black past the top of the lift to the final hills, and the fog effects and strobes, along with the sudden flash of the on-ride photo at the bottom of the first drop!

Kingda Ka.

28 seconds of peril. That's all I have to say.

A

Anonymous

Stamipida

I found Stampida exciting at night but the last time i rode it was with the old trains!

Rush

Giga Poster
coasterchris93 said:
Good for you TJforce. Last time I rode was with the new trains and it killed me! :)

Well obviously it didn't kill you otherwise you wouldn't have left that post.

:p

Oh and best coasters in the night? Hulk, Inferno, California Screamin' and Dragon's Fury are pretty awesome.

Rob

Mega Poster
Well, Im gonna have to say Stealth during fright nights is briliant, but as is Inferno, and of course Rush.

But, my points go to Dragon Khan and all of PortAventura's other rides, simply due to the fact, you can ride them in the dark during the summer time, and easily sit there in shorts and a shirt, enjoying the breeze and the summeryness. If Thorpe did midnight openings during the summer i'm sure I'd have just as much credit for them.

Crow

Mega Poster
Suprisingly the front row of the 'Vampire' at Chessignton is particularly exhilarating at night. I wouldn't say it was the best ride at night by no means but I feel it is better then many.

I also love 'Colossus' at Thorpe Park at night. The cold air rushing in your face as you go through ten inversions is somewhat breath taking.

But my all time favourite ride after dark is 'Fuga Da Atlantide' at Gardaland. All the theming on the ride was so intricate and the night time made this fantastic ride even more magical!

Harvey

Hyper Poster
I'd vote for Lisebergbanan, we rode it in 2007 at the meet up and they turned pretty much most of the lighting in the park off at that time of night, totally amazing zooming round those hills, amazing ride.

A

Anonymous

^ And you havn't even ridden it on a September evening when it's even darker.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
i gotta be absolutly honest! but i went blackpool pleasure beach wen the illuminations was on, and i went on infusion, and the water lit up at night, the fountains sprinkling up, and then you get the illuminations, is just brilliant. Ild say infusion.

Steven

Giga Poster
Pepsi Max Big One. I have ridden it in total darkness with only the red lights on the track and a few portable light on in the park due to closing time. Perfect though a real rough ride as you cannot truly brace yourself at the back. :D