What's new

Best coaster at night?

Kebab

Giga Poster
What is the best coaster ridden in the darkness of night?

From what I have ridden in the later hours is probably Dragon Khan. The track is barely lit up which makes the ride feel like complete darkness; the first drop standed out the most as it was practically invisible to the naked eye, thus making it unpredictable to how far you are away from the bottom. It really did feel significantly more intense than a ride in the day; reminds me of a huge indoor dark ride. Just brilliant. :--D

Also Big thunder mountain gets good remarks from me and also Nemesis does. Whats your opinions?

walker1104

Mega Poster
Nemesis stands out to me as being one of the best. It just seems a lot better at night.

And Big Thunder Mountain in Paris is also good at night, it looks really impressive.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
The best i've rode at night is probably Stealth. But other contenders for me are PMBO, Nemesis, Inferno and Big Dipper.

Mike

Giga Poster
Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Lightning Racer and Steel Force all top my list of favourite night time rides, probably in that order. :)

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Nemesis during Scarefest. Lit up briliantly, the rain stiging your face and the cold air made it sougher and more intense (heat makes things expand, therefore when its hot, the wheels are closer to the track, and therefore smoother)
Air was good, but rough, never thought I would say that about Air but...
Oblivion also scored highly. I wouldn't have thought so but it was. The jets delivering the smoke made the hole look amazing. You could see about 8 jets of grey blue smoke being blasted into the middle, and then the smoke being pushed away by the train, you could see it all happening and it looked fantastic, and because it was dark, you couldn't see the exit to the hole.

ryan462

Hyper Poster
Dragon Kahn and Nemesis Inferno were both really good at night and suprisingly I found Stampida really good at night because you can't see the bottom of the drops or where your going on all the turns.

wash

Mega Poster
Sheikra, if only because of the brilliant views of the park and the Tampa skyline lit up at the top of the lift. The foot choppers on Great Bear over the stream are amazing at night as well.

Slash

Giga Poster
The two that stand out for me are Nemesis (no surprises there) but mainly The Hulk it's just so much better, not being able to see where you are going and over the poorly lit lake of was great! But what topped it off was the flashing lights going up Hulks launch. Made it so much more intimidating.

Other than coasters though The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror was much better at night. The effects in the drop were great! Plus I must have dropped about 15 times that particular go.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Vampire at GF V was good when we all went on it at night. The lights in the tunnel added with the smoke effects made it much more than a family ride.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I think Dragon's Fury was brilliant at night the last two years at Ghosterforce. A great coaster in the dark. Having only done Thorpe and Chessie's coasters at night (and Space Mountain but it's indoors so it doesn't count) I haven't had much night riding experience, but Dragon's Fury is great.

Ben

CF Legend
Once again, the answer is Boulder Dash.

Behemoth, Ravine Flyer II, Lightning Racer and Phoenix all feature, however.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Big Thunder Mountain @ Disneyland Paris is AMAZING at night!
I know quite a few will probably agree with me on that?

Also, Furius Baco is completely nuts at night! The back end of the ride is completely pitch black and you can't see a thing until the train goes over the station towards the front.

Error

Strata Poster
Ravine Flyer II. Easy.

It would be Millennium, but I eat too many bugs. Ravine Flyer II is freaking amazing, rushing through the ravine and tunnels. Totally ****ing awesome.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
Big Thunder Mountain @ Disneyland Paris is AMAZING at night!
I know quite a few will probably agree with me on that?

Also, Furius Baco is completely nuts at night! The back end of the ride is completely pitch black and you can't see a thing until the train goes over the station towards the front.

Totally agree with you! As you travel up the first hill the view of the searchlights shining into the night sky is fantastic.

I forgot about Baco :lol: Yeah that was weird; launching out into gradually nothing, threw me around A LOT more though, due to unpredictability across the layout. Scary stuff tbh :p