What's new

Best back-seat ride?

coastermusic93

Roller Poster
Wicked Twister at Cedar Point, its not for the airtime, but the view. When you see that you are slanted in a completely different direction than anyone in front of you, its kind of freaky, especially when you look at the beach and lake erie.

A

Anonymous

Either El Toro or Boulder Dash. The amount of air time just adds to the experience of a wooden coaster.

andrus

Giga Poster
As most others I think wooden coasters in general gain a lot from back row rides. In particular I found Stampida at Port Aventura a lot more enjoyable in the back! :)

andrus

Giga Poster
^Well that depends on your personal pain treshold :wink: I thought Stampida was really out of control but never painful at any time :)

Kebab

Giga Poster
andrus said:
^Well that depends on your personal pain treshold :wink: I thought Stampida was really out of control but never painful at any time :)
I envy you, after that thing I can ride any Vekoma and say they're smooth as silk! Stampida is awful; front, back or middle, and if you need an excellent pain threshold to enjoy such thing, then that coaster fails in all respects. Blackpools Wild Mouse is good roughness, because you know it's old and feels like falling apart, but Stampida is still rather new, and the trains are diabolical. The back practically restrained me from riding anything for another hour!

Stampida (2007+) is the worst wooden coaster I've ever been on, Tomahawk next to it is actually a lot better!

A

Anonymous

El Toro for the insane airtime before the turns at the end and Comet at Great Escape.