What's new

Best back-seat ride?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
The three things I was going to mention were:

Hixee said:
Dragon Khan.

I've not done many rides that were noticeably better in the back, but Dragon Khan really kicks your ass hard in the back row.

It's intense.

Definately. We had an oppurtunity to get at the front, so I thought why not? It was dissapointing! That was our first ride, but then we had a couple of rides at the back later on and it really made the Kahn grow on me. Being at the front really didn't do anything for me. The constant feeling of being pushed around just gets slaughtered by the drag you get at the back. Awsome.

br00kes123 said:
Nemesis back row far left.

Zero-g roll.

Oooooooooh.

Exactly. That helix down straight towards the station then up over the Zero-G Roll with what feels like you could just stick your left arm out and the station would rip away away from you. Very cool indeed. :)

coasterchris93 said:
Furius Baco was probably a tad worse; when I rode that in the back I thought I was riding Stampida at 84 mph. Not good :lol:

I know! We had a ride at the front absolutley loved it, then had a go at the back, and it was the most difference I have ever experienced of two rides on the same coaster. It was such an extraordinary transformation. At the front, it was was up in one of my favourite rides, top 20/15 or so. But if I just rode at the back it would've been way waaaay down! If I had had the ride at the back first I doubt I would've queued an hour to get on it again, it was appauling!

Finally a quick note for Dive Machines, a coaster where I see no preference in riding at the back at all. It doesn't do anything extra for me, except impair my viewing. However, at the front, hanging over the edge, it's incredible. I know all seats are designed to give a front row perspective, but anywhere behind the front row just doesn't feel like the front row. So, a big no for the back on Dive Machines.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Ravine Flyer 2 is great on the back.

Milliennium Force's first drop on the back is sooo amazing. Have a loose harness/belt and its even better.

I would agree on what was said about Air on the last page. But I do like the front for the no feet in your face experience.

Beans

Hyper Poster
I would say Millie was good at the back, but I also like Colossus at the back, feels better and I love to see the train moving in front of you.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Off the top of my head, Nemesis is the one that springs to mind, but to be honest, I don't really pay attention to whether things are better at front or back.

My last ride on Nemesis of the season was on the back row, and while a lot of people came off claiming it to be the least remarkable ride on Nemesis ever, I found the back row to be remarkably intense, to the point of giving me pins and needles before the Zero-G.

I remember Big Dipper at BPB being pretty quality at the back too. Not the actual back row though, but the two rows before it were quality.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
walker1104 said:
Ian said:
Air.

Yes there is a lot to be said about increased airtime and all that but what strikes me about Air in the back row is the comparison to other rows.

The other rows are pretty meh, but that drag I experience in the back row and constant pull on my body makes back row Air worthwhile.

Yeah I agree, Air is much better in the back row.

Totally agree. I was quite surprised while going through the ride realising this made the queue worthwhile

nadroJ

CF Legend
The Big One was a good back seat ride, ust for the huge amount of pull you get on the first drop, amazing.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
No one's mentioned the ultimate!!! Front row drops - hang over edge for ages = boring. Back row rips you over the second drop so fast before you dive through the trees, I just found that bit possibly even more fun than expedition geforce's drop.

Lucy

Hyper Poster

Zero-g roll.

Oooooooooh.

I agree with that too! - an awesome experience as is the helix beforehand!

Also Colossos at Heide Park is fab in the back row!

Maverick, Wicked Twister, and El Toro are the three that come to mind. Maverick is good in both front and back, but it's just an exceptional ride no matter what, whereas Wicked Twister is more like, you HAVE to ride it in the back in order to get a good ride. El Toro is just insanely out of this world in the back seat, especially with that airtime and those turns, mm.

So yep, those three.

A

Anonymous

the back row of el toro is pretty insane. i cant think of anything better, then again it is my favorite coaster

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Thunder Coaster at Tusenfryd was absoloutly insane when running during the rain/evening in 2007, before whomever ruined it did the dirty deed.

Was an amazing ride.

A

Anonymous

My vote goes for Apollo's Chariot in the back seat. That ride is purely amazing in the back, every drop gives you brilliant airtime.

Honorable mentions: Maverick, Millie, Griffon, and Sheikra.

A

Anonymous

El Toro without a doubt.

Also, Batman:The Ride is great in the back, but more forceful in the front.

El Toro wins regardless. :D

spicy

Giga Poster
ciallkennett said:
br00kes123 said:

Zero-g roll.

Oooooooooh.

Nemesis back row far right.

First helix.

Black out :D

That is the best seat on the train, you have to be on the right hand side for the helix, dodging those rocks by a few feet is just awesome. Then you think you are about to collide with the station until you zero-G over the top of it.

You have the whole train just dragging you through the tight layout on Nemesis which makes the back so intense.

Jer

Strata Poster
Either Medusa, or Nitro for me. If your willing to get rattled around for either, their both good.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
The Big One and Air. Best thing about flying coasters is a view from anywhere, which is normally the bad thing about the back row, so Air (my only flying coaster) gets both.

10ryansmith

Roller Poster
Mille in the back is the best. I also had a great time on Tunderhead at Dollywood. The back left seat is amazing, I almost fell out of the train. Maverick is up there as well. Voyage is rather enjoyable in the back as well, even with the bruises. :)