What's new

Behemoth/East Coast TPR Trips PTR

Mike

Giga Poster
Yay for starting the reports from the main East coat tour. Excellent stuff so far Ben. :)

I wish I stuck around with your group instead of going around with whatever crappy-ass group I was with at SFNE- It looks like you had a lot more fun, as well as getting more rides in then me. It would have also probably got me on at least 10 of the 16 credits that I missed on the trip. :(

But SFNE is well before my "toilet incident" and before I got my nickname for the trip- I think I ended up being one of the most well known people on the trip because of that name. :p

Ben

CF Legend
.... SIXTEEN! You missed SIXTEEN! My God Mike!

We missed six. And they were all either closed or kiddie that you HAD to have a kid for. Sixteen is mad! What were you doing most of the time?

And you'll have to explain the "incident" and nickname for me, I never understood it...

Mike

Giga Poster
1 at SFNE, 5 at SFGAdv, 3 at Kings Dominion, 2 at Hershey and 5 at Dorney...
Oh, wait, I also missed the mouse and kiddie woodie at Stabland, so that's actually 18. :p

As for the toilet debacle, basically, I managed to lock the toilet door from the outside, so nobody could get in it for 20 minutes. That's why at the rest stop, there were tons of people from my bus that ran to the toilets. :p
For the nickname, it was created by bald-Jason when he totally misheard me say my name to him when we were sitting by the bus at WalMart. The problem was that Jason shouted out the nickname, and about 5 other people heard it, so GJ, Jason and that group kept on calling me it everytime they saw me. It quickly caught on to pretty much everybody else. :p

Ben

CF Legend
Haha, that's hilarious. Wal-Mart in general was, but that's a great way to get a nickname - I just assumed it was mean, lol.

18! That's just mad! How did you miss 5 at Dorney? You didn't go back to Great Adventure, did you? You can't have... But, you missed Voodoo! That's a poor show! And Medusa was awesome, lol. Oh, make that 19 - you missed one at Morey's as well - Rollies.

And we went quite slow, missed some stuff I'm a bit bleh at, like the Whip and Mirror Maze at Stabland, but we did get the Shot Tower, Log Flume, Spin n Spew, so that's fine. And the Mouse :wink:. But, man, missing all those coasters... Mike, Mike, Mike. Tut.

Mike

Giga Poster
Nah, I got all of the coasters at Morey's... That's one advantage of going around with Brent. :p
*Checks coaster count*... +1 to me.

Dorney was a bit of an emotional day for me due to some of the things that happened at Hershey, so I stayed in the hotel for most of the day.

Ben

CF Legend
OK, time for Quassy, and then Lake Compounce! This is one of those updates I warned y’all about - most of these are pretty pointless and crappy photos of not a lot, but what the hell, I’m going to post them anyway, because they’re all I have…

Quassy then - it was, um, interesting to say the least? The Mouse was a lot of fun (boo to those who missed it, btw, y’all know who you are, and you get a boo), but the Kiddie Coaster was obviously the highlight - I was even cool enough to ride it twice! We SO should have tried to squeeze three into a car like the op said, lol! It was totally a death trap though, I LOVED it. The only other ride I did was the Dodgems, which were amazing because you could reverse them - something I don’t think I’ve seen before, so that led to a lot of hilarity!

OK, photos or else I’ll bore everyone…

On the way we played with Mr Intamin Wheel
100_4560.jpg

Who obviously needed to be molested
100_4563.jpg

Yay, we’re here! Side note - when this thing shut for the rain, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone move so fast to shut a ride!
100_4564.jpg

It looks like it’s about to fall apart, and these guy’s expressions doesn’t fill me with too much hope - but it actually didn’t ride too bad!
100_4565.jpg

Yes, I found this sign funny. I am also seven.
100_4566.jpg

More TPRers finding it’s not actually too bad
100_4568.jpg

How was your ride?
100_4570.jpg

And then it started to rain, so I gave up with photos until we reached Lake Compounce, a place I thought was all kinds of awesome. Just like this queue, boo cattlepens (and yes - I do have a geeky love for queue pictures, so there’s a few)
100_4574.jpg

Check-out that side-loop
100_4575.jpg

Anyone else think this thing had one of the best colour schemes ever?
100_4576.jpg

And these trains are amazing! They fascinated me.
100_4580.jpg

Wow, that’s some serious looking folks on the Boomerang…
100_4583.jpg

And not so serious… hi to you too, Jay
100_4584.jpg

Haha, it wasn’t actually that bad at all, in fact, it rode really well, but that look does sum up Vekoma in general
100_4587.jpg

This the ONE photo I took of Dash. ONE. Considering it was also the best coaster I’ve ever ridden (and remains that way), that’s a disgrace on my part. It was such a great ride - so long and never lets up, just seems to get faster. And then the last airtime section was absolutely mad - my favourite finale to be found. And then ERT on it, well, that was just insane!
100_4591.jpg

I get the feeling that somewhere in Australia there’s a very similar photo of me…
100_4595.jpg

Yeah, at this point I was pretty much just flashing at everything
100_4596.jpg

Haha, see?
100_4597.jpg

LOL
100_4612.jpg

This dude was hilarious - but again, I have no idea why…
100_4617.jpg

But yeah, we rode this. Well Josh and I did, Jake and Luke wimped out… I thought it would be horrible, and we span it quite a lot, but it was good fun actually and didn’t make me feel bad. Didn’t do it again or anything silly like that, but it wasn’t bad.
100_4619.jpg

And to finish it off, this is Luke. Wimping. Boo.
100_4624.jpg

OK, the next photos will be Stabland. And trust me, if you thought the photos of this day were bad, just wait. Stabland’s going to be amazing, haha… *cough*

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
SnooSnoo said:
Ben said:

George Washington Bridge.

Myself and UC passed over it a few times while traveling down south. :)

Don't let Marcus show you around NYC. :lol:

That's the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, not the George Washington. The VNB is the largest suspension bridge on the east coast (2nd overall only to the Golden Gate in San Francisco). It connects Brooklyn to Staten Island.
The GWB is located some 20 miles north of the VNB and connects Harlem with New Jersey. So they're not even close, but nice try Snoo.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Mike, what was the nickname they gave you? Obviously something toilet related...?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I had to use the edit function to see that, but I take it his nickname was "rhymes with spank and starts with W?"

That's quite hardcore actually. The nickname I give him is much tamer :wink:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I absolutely love the reports so far Ben. Keep them coming!

I have to disagree about Ride of Steel at DL having a better drop than S:RoS at SFNE. And anyone that prefers Catwoman's Whip over any other coaster anywhere needs to have there head examined. It's the worst piece of crap I've ever ridden (even though I love the train itself).

Ben said:
Anyone else think this thing had one of the best colour schemes ever?
100_4576.jpg
I guess you didn't notice in my LC PTR that I said Zoomerang has to have the worst paint scheme I've ever seen. I thought the trains looked horrid as well. To each their own, I guess.

Ben said:
I was gutted it was shut… Less fun.
100_4636.jpg
Not less fun…less pain. So be glad it was shut unless you’re some sort of sadomasochist.

Ben said:
And yes, I only look like that because this is before we rode…
100_4460-1.jpg
Yeah, I’m in two of Ben’s photos! I’m just a silhouette in the first Cyclone picture, but you can actually see me waiting to take a photo of Mike & Andy on Cyclone in this one.
I'm glad you went back to ride it again & ended up liking it better.

Mike

Giga Poster
Lmao, I was wondering when someone was going to ask what the name actually was. :p

But yeah, so if you ever went on to TPR a few weeks back, and was wondering why the top forum was named "Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, Rubbish and ****!" (or something like that), it was named after me. :--D

What nickname have I got on here? I didn't even know I had one. :lol:

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
The thing is, it wasn't the nickname itself that was so funny - it was the way it was randomly shouted backwards and forwards between members of the group over the last few days of the trip. One person would shout it - then a couple of seconds later, about half the bus would shout it back in unison.

As for Catwoman's Whip - it wasn't that bad, and certainly wasn't the worst coaster I've been on. It vibrates a hell of a lot though - for those of you who saw Ian's topic around a month ago about vibrating bottom coasters, Catwoman's Whip is definitely one of them.

Ben

CF Legend
Lol, I didn't even understand the nickname (result of being on the party bus :p) and it was still hell funny!

And lol, I didn't think Catwoman's was too bad - at least it only did one circuit unlike Blackbeard's.

Oh, and Jerry, I've half-done a Flyaway - the one at PI broke down when we were halfway through the cycle - so I was fully aware of the pain, but I wanted to experience it in a large group - it would have been hell funny.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Breaking down on a Flyaway at halfway doesn't sound good. Was it at the 90 degree point? I hope you weren't stuck facing down against those sholder restraints.
I guess it would have been fun in a group - seeing others share your pain and all. :wink:

Ben

CF Legend
OK, now I promised you an AWESOME update from Stabland, so prepare yourself, I took six photos, yay! Now, three of them were just clones of the others, so I’ve only actually got three to post, more yay!

I must say, despite the name, I didn’t think the park was *too* bad. It had a sort of… charm about it. Had you taken out the clients, and it would have been a lot better! Highlights of the park were the awesome Graviton, the stupid Log Flume that soaked ME and no-one else - my punishment for suggesting it, the great Shot Tower, the great Dark Ride that Josh again *hated*, the Dragon Coaster which seemed to go on for days, breaking the kiddie coaster which meant Josh thought we were going to be shot, getting on the Mouse (“Yes, look at my bling so we can get on the coaster”, and we were SO lucky those employees swapped - well, Josh and I were fine, so Jake and Luke were SO lucky), and of course, the Derby Racer’s LOVELY employees…

PUT YOUR LEFT FOOT ON THE BOTTOM RUNG, YOUR RIGHT FOOT ON THE TOP RUNG AND LEAN LEFT! (BTW, for any Brits, do you totally hear the Gladiators announcer’s voice when reading that… “CONTENDERS, PUT YOUR LEFT FOOT…”)
f35eb86c.jpg

I wanted to edit out leg and replace it with another body part, and remove “on or”, which would have made this sign a LOT funnier, but it amuses me as it is, so it’s all good I guess.
02649f61.jpg

And the third, and final photo is the great Volare! Yay… It wasn’t quite as bad as Time Warp though (which is… good?)
5ecc2baa.jpg

And at this point we went to ride the Mouse, so I put my camera in a locker and didn’t bother getting it out! BTW, anyone remember the really creepy locker guy who kept putting the keys in his mouth? He was GROSS!

OK, so Six Flags Great Adventure was the next park, and was the park I was most looking forward to on the whole trip. Unfortunately, the first day there was cut short by a storm (though we still got a massive amount done for only two hours of open park time), so, R&E, as you probably know by now, were awesome enough to arrange a return visit! Although initially the whole weather situation was a bit annoying to say the least, it ended up being a blessing in disguise since we got to the traffic early, and also the return trip was among the best park time of the trip - beautiful weather, Gold Q-Bots, fun folks and a lot of nice, warmed-up rides meant it was all good. Plus, I got to have another Ben and Jerry’s, always a plus. And Luke - I think you’ll agree, that was a MUCH better choice for lunch then crappy pizza!

Um, I didn’t take any pictures the return day since we all agreed to leave belongings on the bus so we didn’t get slowed down by lockers, so… yeah, just take my word for all this basically.

So, the first visit again then. Let me just say, I really liked SFGAdv, but not maybe as much as I’d anticipated, and BGE beat it as my favourite park of the trip. As did Hershey actually. But, still, it had probably the best collection of coasters we did, it’s just that’s sort of it. No decent flats, and a bit of a bleh atmosphere. Still, for coasters, it’s hard to beat.

OK, picture time! And I warn ye who enter, these are really bad.

Here’s a blurry picture of Skull Mountain, which annoyingly for an indoor coaster, shut in the storm. Boo to that! I can’t remember much about the ride other then it was OK, a bit randomly in-a-warehouse inside, and we didn’t get to ride “the back” cause of Q-Bot-seat-assignage. However, that’s something I’m MORE then willing to give up for skipping a huge queue! Although, actually, I do remember the way they did it on SM being stupid and exit-blocking.
100_4644.jpg

Luke’s happy for one of two reasons. 1. Is that he knows we’re off to ride kiddie coasters. 2. He can see that woman’s bra strap. I’ll let you guess which it was.
100_4645.jpg

Yay, Batman! I didn’t think it was as good as its Spanish clone, but whatever, still a kick ass ride. We also got either the last or second to last train before the storm hit - in fact, it was raining while we were on it which did impede my enjoyment a bit… So it may actually be better then Spain’s. Who knows!
100_4646.jpg

Nitro! Which I also loved - not a Behemoth, and not Apollo’s either, but, still, a fantastic coaster and I REALLY like these types of rides! Order one for Thorpe, thank-you. Also, can anyone see the employees? I can’t quite spot them myself
100_4647.jpg

Batman pretending to be Nitro. Bad Batman.
100_4648.jpg

Superman! Closed by this point!
100_4649.jpg

This and the inline twist were pretty much the only parts that didn’t suck. Still, at least it’s better then Air
100_4650.jpg

This kinda confused me… the American way is to have someone in red hot-pants saving people? OK, whatever works, I guess?
100_4652.jpg

Lol, so now the storm had moved in, so we entertained ourselves on Fly Me To The Moon (which sucked) and then the carousel. With a highly indecent horse, I must say!
100_4653.jpg

I dunno… probably trying to do a “I’m hot cause I’m with a pole” photo. Fail.
100_4654.jpg

Anyone else think the pole makes it look like a Final Destination 3 photo? I’d be wary if I was you Luke, to be honest… Or is it The Omen that happens in…? Both, maybe? I dunno…
100_4656.jpg

And that’s it for Great Adventure - I did tell you it was gonna be good. So, I’ll round off the photos with Josh who seems a little scared of the carousel and so feels the need to hold on tight
100_4657.jpg

Next up is everyone’s favourite park - Six Flags America! And don’t worry, I actually took a semi-decent amount of photos there! Yay, it won’t suck… too much! Hopefully not as much as the park at least!

Aw yay, Great Adventure! I'm glad you guys got a lot done and I'm excited that you loved the coasters there, especially Ka which I figured you'd say something retarded like "yeah everyone is right when they say it's rough, SPITE" or something. Either way, I'm sad you didn't like Toro that much, but it's good you liked Nitro, which not a lot of people do, so we're together on that one.

As for Skull Mountain, Disaster Transport closes in the rain too because of leaks... It's kinda lame.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I figured you'd say something retarded like "yeah everyone is right when they say [Kingda Ka is] rough, SPITE"
It is, and it lets the ride down. As an experience, it's fantastic. As a ride, it rattles like a bitch, and that lets it down.

I'm glad I've been on it, and I'd really like to ride Dragster now. However, given the choice between Kingda Ka and Stealth, I'll take Stealth any day. If what I hear about Dragster's launch and smooth ride is correct, Dragster will kick Ka's ass. Easily.

Mike

Giga Poster
Even with it's odd 3-launch system, Kingda Ka is A LOT better than Stealth.
I sat right at the front of Ka and there was nothing wrong with it whatsoever.