What's new

Battle of the best inverts

Which one is better?

• Montu

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Nemesis

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
There might already be a thread about this...it is sort of hard to decide since a lot of people (including myself) have only riden one or the other. Even without riding Nemesis, I still think Montu easily wins. For future reference, I would make this thread "rank your ridden inverts" then make a poll with the most common highest ranked.

witchfinder

Giga Poster
I would suggest most British enthusiasts have ridden both since most of us will have been to Florida on holiday. There are definitely some "rank the B&M Inverts" type threads already on here, but for me these are the best two, with Nemesis being the winner.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
I can't make a decision. I've done both and both are awesome.
Sometimes Nemesis is before Montu, but other times it's turned around.

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
I can't really say since I haven't gotten the chance to ride Nemesis yet. I personally didn't enjoy Montu too much for whatever reason so if I had to guess I'd say Nemesis.

InvertsAreMyJam

Roller Poster
Personally, I’ve only been on Montu. And I absolutely loved it. So I voted for that.

And to the people mentioning other inverts, yes, I know these aren’t universal favorites. But I wanted to have a poll just between the two of them.

Matt N

CF Legend
Despite being British and having ridden Nemesis vastly more (I've done Nemesis 29 times, with my first ride being in September 2013 and my most recent being in August 2022, while I've only had 1 ride on Montu that was back in August 2016), I'd actually be inclined to vote Montu here.

I do like Nemesis a lot, but I've always found it to be ever so slightly overhyped, for lack of a better term. Don't get me wrong, it has brilliant pacing and intensity and some absolutely brilliant elements, as well as a very unique layout design. It's an absolutely excellent coaster, I like it a lot, and I can't wait to ride it again in a week's time! However, I've never quite subscribed to it being placed on the absolute godly pedestal that so many British enthusiasts in particular have it placed upon. Controversially, it's not even my favourite coaster at Alton Towers, and I even dare say that I might prefer Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe Park as a track and train ride experience... although I can never quite decide on a victor in the Nemesis vs Inferno comparison. One day, Inferno will come out on top, whereas Nemesis will come out on top on another day; they're very closely matched in my rankings!

By comparison, I remember Montu being absolutely amazing, and still my favourite B&M Inverted Coaster! The intensity and sense of speed were amazing, and the raw size, length and pacing of it just put it a cut above the rest, from memory! Although as I say, that was based on one ride, and one ride that was now nearly 8 years ago at that...

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I've loved Nemesis since I first rode it - which will be exactly 30 years ago next week. It was my outright number 1 coaster for 22 years running. It's very likely that my first ride on Nemesis is the reason I'm here now, 3 decades later, babbling sh*te about coasters late at night on an enthusiast forum. For me at least, it's where this whole dumb-ass hobby began. Ain't nothin gonna compete with that, not even Montu.