Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Flying Coaster

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Dive Coaster

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
What is the best, a B&M wing coaster, a B&M flying coaster or a B&M dive coaster? All 3 coasters offer a different experience, but which one is the best?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
My favourite wing coaster (Parrot Coaster) is better than any dive machine or flyer, and my favourite flyer (Sky Scrapper) is better than any dive machine and any of the other three wing coasters, but I also prefer any dive coaster over the three non-Parrot-Coaster wing coasters and any non-Sky-Scrapper flyers.

So....

Dunno. Dive Coaster?

Olaf

Mega Poster
I haven't ridden any flying coaster yet, but Flüg der Dämonen kills both Krake and Baron 1898

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
All three models are good, but I find the dive coaster the most thrilling. Griffon has my favorite drop on any coaster not named Maverick.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Flying Coaster for me. I don't believe I have really been on the best that any of these have offer, but Manta is far, far superior to any dive coaster or wing coaster I've ridden. Maybe that will change if I ride Griffon or Thunderbird, but I really love just the feeling of flying coasters, being inverted in that position.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Wing Coaster for me. It creates a much better sensation of flight than any Flyer imo. I have yet to do any Dive Machine, but I think it'll be between Wing and Flyer.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Tough one.

Out of those 3 ride types, the coaster that features highest on my favourites list is Tatsu, so technically I should vote for flyers but... somehow that doesn't feel right. Air and the Supermen have seen to that.

Divers then? Hmm.. no, that doesn't feel right either. As good as they are to begin with, once you get used to 'em...

So, purely by default, it's gotta be wingers. Although the two I've ridden are fairly modest (Swarm & Flug), I do feel that, as an overall concept, the wing-rider offers the more enjoyable coaster experience.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Re: B&M Wing Coaster vs Flying Coaster vs Dive Coaster

Flying coasters first because they have pretzel loops and because they offer a wide range of forces and also views from the ride. When landscaping is combined (Crystal Wings for example), the near misses can be even better than on a wing rider.

Dive coasters second because I love the...umm...giganticness of them. There's something thrilling about the really large trains (even on the smaller varieties). And I love the out of your seat fall. Yes, they can be short, but they really pack a punch in that time. And I approve of the snappiness of the new smaller rides.

Wing riders last. Sometimes I like their subtlety but they often rely on a high quality of landscaping and lots of near misses which there aren't always enough of. Raptor probably does it best but then it's a fairly short ride. Flug is a better ride but there are less near misses. I can't think of one that I love. That's a bit sad because I think there's more potential in wing riders if people got it right.

Jake

Strata Poster
Dive Coasters for sure. Not been on one that I haven't really enjoyed.

Wing Coasters are fun but I find they feel a bit slow and laggy. Not very forceful.

Flyers have fab moments but in general I find them quite gross. Forces are in the wrong places and unless you're in the front row you're just hanging there looking at someone's grubby feet.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I hold flying coasters in the highest regards of the three. Wing and Dive coasters are a fun novelty, but flying delivers the better ride experience.

I hate flying coasters. Even the better ones suck. They are way too forceful and uncomfortable. I think the only one I actually liked is Air because it doesn't press on my chest and give me heart palpitations.

Dive machines are okay but a bit dull.

I'd go with wing coasters. Not too forceful, usually just floaty and fun.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I think wing coasters are the most enjoyable for me. Gatekeeper and Thunderbird are fantastic, and Swarm is good too.

As for the remaining two, I don't know what I'd prefer. I think I prefer the bigger DMs like Griffon and Valravn over most of the flyers I've ridden, but then I'll take any flyer over Oblivion.

Wing coasters are my choice though.