What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Well when we first stopped on it we were over the valley at the highest point we were just lucky that they had enough power to get us closer to the station.

A full evacuation has been done before. I think I remember them having to abseil down to get off. But that was ages ago and I can't remember exactly what happened.

coasteraddict10

Mega Poster
I REALY hope Alton invests in a B&M floorless to the size of daemonen (sp) or Batman: the dark night, because they're in desprate need of anouth multi looper (allong with Nemmesis), to:
1. relieve Nemmesis by shortening it's que time, as it wont be the only looper there anymore, giving it a longer life span.
2.For a sitdown looper.

Also they need that so they can do some propper terraining again, as they've done, effectively none (to a large scale, a tiny bit on air) in 10 years.

-CA

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^???

And this new one isn't using terrain? The same new one won't spread the queues more?

Loops aren't everything... That's a fact...

Sigh... N00bs... :roll:

spicy

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
A full evacuation has been done before. I think I remember them having to abseil down to get off. But that was ages ago and I can't remember exactly what happened.

Yeah I remember that breakdown although I can't find anything on it, when searching it only comes up with the fire. Seems the skyride has done nothing but give AT trouble really :lol:

Although it is essential imo, makes the park much more accessible, especially if you have a wheelchair, pram etc..

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Going back to the new coaster, I was looking at towersnerds mini site dedicated to sw6. Looking at the sections and elevations, to me the ride looks like it will be a premire rides coaster. The supports for the lift hill and banked corners look to slim to be an intamin. It also looks like it has some characteristics of the stunt coasters in the old paramount parks.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
...I think Alton needs another mutilooper too. It was noobish to think they will, but not that they should get one.

I guess the logic is that they are old news - but Colossus is popular for a reason. Okay, they couldn't get the big and threatening look at Alton that Colossus (however much you loath it) does possess, half of Colossus "threat" is the noise it makes... but they could with ease make bigger features out of inversions, which is something that Colossus and it's sisters should do, but do not.

shawnoc

Mega Poster
I think alton will go for a looper in the future, but in a differnt part of the park. Like you say joey the noise from colossus is imence and intimidating. That wouldnt work in ug land due to the proximity of alton village. I do have to admit that i really like colossus. I think going for atmosphere is the best move for ug land due to the amount of trees in the area. Im not sure what part of the park would be ideal for a multi looper. They would need another bloody big hole in the ground!!!!

Inverse

Hyper Poster
shawnoc said:
Im not sure what part of the park would be ideal for a multi looper. They would need another bloody big hole in the ground!!!!

Quite, and i'm not sure Alton has as much free space as it would first appear. I believe i'm right in saying that the gardens are protected, i'm not sure how big that protection area is, but it does take a large part of the parks area out of possible development. I was looking at an arial photo from google and where they are building the 2010 coaster is their most obvious space. However it is restricted more due to it's proximity to the village. There seems to be space at the back end of the valley West South West of air. With spinball and the X-Sector they've gone right upto the road and forbibben valley has now made it to the carpark and hotel, the area behind Charlies is needed for service. Gloomy Wood seems prime for redevelopment if they fancy it. Anything they build to expand means removal of forest, something that is frowned upon by the council and residents. The 2010 coaster has got it's station in a clear area and they seem to try to work with the trees not remove them. So in short, no room for a multi-looper, not without forestry.

EDIT:

PS: i guess they could get a tunnel or bridge over the drive way and build in the overflow fields... seems unlikely.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
PS: i guess they could get a tunnel or bridge over the drive way and build in the overflow fields... seems unlikely.

Yeah it is unlikely. Although it's not facing Alton Village, those fields are highly visible from the surrounding hills, and therefore a big no-no. It's ok as an overflow, as the eye-sore is only temporary and rarely lasts more than a few days, but any permanent structure would definitely not make it through planning.

...I think Alton needs another mutilooper too. It was noobish to think they will, but not that they should get one.

I don't think it's that noobie-ish. It would make sense to replace an iconic multi-looper with a more modern version. If Vekoma could fit a nice little ride like that into such a small space I'm sure Intamin could.

I'm not entirely sure where they're going with this ride though. The station theme doesn't fit with ugland, and it's neither family or major thrill (judging from the drawings), and the layout doesn't really do..anything. I'm pretty confused, to be fair.

tks

Strata Poster
The problem with replacing Corkscrew with a multilooper is that the only really good ones are from B&M, and their height requirements are 1.4m right?

Of course you could go to Vekoma... but... nah.. :D

Jools

Giga Poster
I wonder what the park is trying to achieve with the new roller coasters thrill metre :?

Anyway, liking the aquarium, personally I think Merlin have been doing well with Alton and Thorpe, I wonder what they will do to Chessington :?

Damn so many questions

Funky Monk

Roller Poster
:? Hmmm, I'm not sure what to think of this. At first i was excited, but now maybe not so much. You just gotta hope they don't do a SAW on the station building, 'cuz in the concept art it looks great.

And as for the target, it looks to be a more family style ride, which makes sense replacing corkscrew and going next to Rita.

I also want to know what will happen to Rita. It HAS to get a name change, at least. Maybe the racing theme was only a temporary theme? I sure hope they don't just leave it!

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
VEKOMA FOR AT!

I would like SW6 to be a Vekoma... but then again, that's just my preference. And I will probably get a load of complaints from people about how **** Vekoma are and how they should just give up and go and work at Tescos. "oh yes, B&M are the best at everything on the planet since the dawn if time, ever, ever, ever!" - Yes, because they've been REALLY innovative recently... with all of their new designs that they've come up with recently.... with their sit down, stand up, flying, Floorless, Hyper, inverted, and dive machine coasters.... compared to Vekoma's Boomerang, Invertigo, Giant Inverted Boomerang, SLC, LSM launch coasters, Flying Dutchman, Stingray, Big Air, Junior Coaster, Suspended Family Coaster, Swinging Suspended Coaster, Mine train, Motorbike Launch Coaster, Spinning Coaster, Splash Party, Madhouse, Giant Wheel, Sky Shuttle, Mini Paratower, Raging River Safari and Pandoras Box.... It's not even a lot....

Sorry I'm rambling on... anyone like Vekoma? :?:

Ben

CF Legend
Re: VEKOMA FOR AT!

dj-fireball999 said:
Sorry I'm rambling on... anyone like Vekoma? :?:

No.

Mainly because half the stuff you just listed are toss...

... or were never built.

Status
Not open for further replies.