What's new

Alton Towers Latest Rumours/confirmations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slash

Giga Poster
Just wanted to say that I've noticed on Alton's home page has Vekoma SLC track on it. Is this a hint for future design? or is it just Alton using what most people think is generic track.

btw dj-fireball, you are obviously a Vekoma fanboy but still B&M are so much better. At least with their inverted coaster you don't get smashed to a pulp. BM are the leaders in the market so please don't pull that on us. Although its your opinion your saying other people's opinions are invalid.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Slash said:
Just wanted to say that I've noticed on Alton's home page has Vekoma SLC track on it. Is this a hint for future design? or is it just Alton using what most people think is generic track.

It might be a tribute for corkscrew or like you said just generic track, i dont think its for future investment.

Slash

Giga Poster
^ No because they have a piece of corkscrews track further right of the purple SLC track...

See?

I think its a subliminal message... Or not.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
I'm not saying B&M are bad, because they're fantastic, well engineered and intense rides. I'm just sick of people always putting them down as a load of rubbish that don't deserve to have people riding on them.

Jools

Giga Poster
Even though the plans show otherwise, there has never been an backwards invert apart from the giant boomerangs and Intamin Impulses'.

Ben

CF Legend
Slash said:
^ No because they have a piece of corkscrews track further right of the purple SLC track...

You mean the one they've stuck an Oblivion car on, thus making it obvious they're using it to (badly) represent Oblivion...?

OMG. They're making Oblivion into the World's first vertical SLC!!!!1111!!1! All these plans and Corkscrew's removal were a LIE.

That makes about as much sense as your reasoning for an SLC. Oh, btw, have you heard of Nemesis?

And I think the plans are going to be pretty accurate as to wether or not this is Inverted... Maybe the plans will be slightly off and it's actually an Intamin strata with a 550ft top hat and 150mph launch?!?!?!OMG ICANT WAIT.

Jeez.

coasteraddict10

Mega Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
And this new one isn't using terrain?

It is, but not a a large extent, (or they're not doing much with it) compared to Nemmesis and Oblivion. Which, like i said before, were 10 and 14 years ago.

Nemesis Inferno said:
The same new one won't spread the queues more?Loops aren't everything... That's a fact...
My whole point of the post is that Nemmesis is at bursting point with its que (especialy now that the corkscrew's gone). Because it's now the only looper there, the puplic think loops are everying, your statement is only a fact to enthusiasts (us). And Nemesis's que won't decrese since it's the only inverting coaster (in the public eye), only the ques for everything else will decrese.

Noob

-CA

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
dj-fireball999 said:
I'm not saying B&M are bad, because they're fantastic, well engineered and intense rides. I'm just sick of people always putting them down as a load of rubbish that don't deserve to have people riding on them.
< I was on about Vekoma, I'm not THAT mental... ¬_¬

marc

CF Legend
Remember Alton said some of the old Corkscrew would be kept to make a memorial thing.

SLC track looks the same as normal track when its on the floor with no supports.

I doubt very much that Alton would get an SLC as they have Nemesis so there is no point, and by looking at the plans its not an invert.

Before anything though Alton need to get planning permission and we should know about that next week. So far it did not look great for them by what some one posted.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
coasteraddict10 said:
Because it's now the only looper there, the puplic think loops are everying,

Oh yes. That's why the GP love Rita, Stealth, Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka, those coasters are brimming with inversions aren't they.

If you notice, Rita is more popular than Nemesis amongst the GP at Alton. So your theory is a bit misguided.

coasteraddict10

Mega Poster
^^And what do all those rides have in common? Launches. (loops are still everything to the puplic, compared to non looping (BAR launching) coasters)

-CA

marc

CF Legend
Superman Ride of Steel = no launch no inversion
Eagle Fortress = no launch no inversion
EGF = no launch no inversion

Get my point :)

Ben

CF Legend
coasteraddict10 said:
^^And what do all those rides have in common? Launches. (loops are still everything to the puplic, compared to non looping (BAR launching) coasters)

-CA

Um. No.

Expand on Marc's point... Millennium Force, Mega-Lites, Behemoth, Goliath(s), Nitro... hell, even ****ing PMBO... all LOATHED by the GP.

So, no. You couldn't actually be more wrong.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
I dunno what it is really, I just feel that Vekoma rides have their own individual charm and character that no other company has, such as B&M, they just seem lifeless, robotic, and all the same.

Of course, B&M are the world leaders for the coasters that they make, smooth, usually reliable (with exceptions), and are overall very intense, fantastic ride experiences. I just feel that they havn't introduced any new ride designs lately, which Vekoma have, loads, which makes me think that Vekoma are the leading manufacturer in coaster innovation. B&M were good for innovation, but just not recently, possibly because they're always covered up in secrecy.... but recently its all been the same, inverted coaster here, here and here, dive machiene here, hypercoaster here and there, etc.

Vekoma rides are different, unique and special. Their roughness has improved dramatically recently, and their restraints, seats and trains have become more ergonomic and now, probably the most comfortable in the world.

Plus, I feel that Arrow has lived on through Vekoma.

Coaster-Fiend

Mega Poster
^I could subscribe to some of the above, until you said that Vekoma seats/trains were probably the most comfortable in the world. Hahahahahah!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.