What's new

Alert to all TP Fanboys - 2012 Project

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Inverse said:
LC12 = Looping Coaster 12! They're gonna break their own record!

(P.S. I'm not being serious.)
This has a HORRIBLE logic to it! :?

That odd straight track is just perfect for a bunch of rolls...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Slayed said:
That odd straight track is just perfect for a bunch of rolls...
shoot-self.gif

Martyn B

CF Legend
Where is this image cropped from anyway? One of the large maps of the LTDP? Because those were fairly generalised, what with Stealth being suggested with its closest comparable equivalent (Xcellerator, Knotts) at the time

I dont think it was cropped from that. That was black and white, and looked it had been scanned onto a computer.

Personally think its a tad premature to start shooting down the dream though. Looking at instalments of similar scale across the Merlin range right now is rather promising.
The European parks are getting some intriguing stuff- and the fact that they are BaMs suggest that the company are still more than willing to invest in the expensive hardware for the long term gain

That is a very good point, but it is hard to not to think of their recent UK investments (Eurofighter, family coaster and Disk'O!). I'm not shooting it down though my any means. I just have my fingers crossed for a ride with decent lenght.

Also, anyone else notice that the layout is shaped perfectly for a spalsh down for each side of the train in that lake area, with the track most probably going under that path?

coasterC

Roller Poster
i think most of us can see even now this is going to be temperamental.. I'd prefer ANYTHING to a 12 looper. They've got colossus for that, I agree, but what else can LC12 stand for? London City 2012? Anyway unless the ride has unparalleled sensory effects like a 4D coaster or something with an interesting Post-Apocalyptic theme, judging by the layout I think its going to be a launch. If it's not it looks quite dull to me.

Ollie

CF Legend
I'd love a ride like X2. :)
Although I dread to think how often it'd be closed because it's broken if one was ever built at Thorpe.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^It could be a remote possiblilty, especially with B&M trying out wingwalker style trains in Italy, the next step would be for them to try 4D...

Ollie

CF Legend
It'd definitely be a first in Europe and would attract loads of guests as it's something new and thrilling. I doubt it is but it would be cool to have one in Thorpe and would make that layout a bit more fun to ride.

Nick

Mega Poster
I think I'd rather a wing-walker than a 4D. The idea of a 4D coaster kind of scares me... all that spinning! I think it's a sign of my old age!

But I loved Baco, and I think there is a lot of potential with the wing-walker trains. To me they felt the most open, and free because of no track above or below. Now if B&M can sort out some of the roughness issues, they could be on for a winner. A splash down with these trains could be cool too, but what about people with long legs!!!

jokerman

Giga Poster
The only reason I suggested 4D was that if you see the Raptor topic, the concensus appears to be that the trains are designed so that they can spin on future rides. I think with normal wingwalker trains the layout would be dull.