What's new

32 hurt in Big Dipper Crash

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I wonder if it was the Lancanshire Police Force who threatened to confiscate his camera, or the Pleasure Beach security staff who dress similiar to and act like Policemen?

Dave

CF Legend
Well I'm sure they want to get the trains covered up quickly as they know the Newspapers be swarming all over the place.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Big Dipper has been removed straight off the Pleasure Beach website's ride list pretty sharpishly.

Usually they would stick a 'Ride is currently closed' thing on the page, but this has just gone straight off.

EDIT:

Somebody has already mentioned :oops:
But it does come across suspiciously.

Dave

CF Legend
Bulldozers be there by morning and a nice new sign saying "The Bigger One Show coming in 2010"

marc

CF Legend
I think people are looking into the website thing a bit to much, but with people hurt you would think that would be the priority and and updating their website.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
This doesn't sound too good. Quite a lot of injured people. I suppose we'll find out tomorrow the full details of what happened?

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Its happened on the turnaround by the Big Blue Hotel.

Its looking like its a similar incident to RMT, where the train has split and the front carriage(s) have rolled into the back carriage(s).

I honestly dont know the full story, I am confused like everyone else to how its actually happened.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Pleasure Beach won't be keen to release details, and now we hit the bad publicity head-on. School holidays, a tense time for this to happen really.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^^ah... and the BBC say an incident involving two cars, not two trains. The RMT theory looks possible.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
As efficient as the BBC & other media broadcasting channels are, they make money out of exaggerating stories, I read on one of the articles the ride was 50ft up, although there's only 2 peaks on Big Dipper the ride even reaches that height :? .

Scott88

Hyper Poster
You know what the media are like though, Ormerod.

I mean look what happened when PMBO crashed, the media blamed it on the three train operation, yet it was only on two trains!

I know a few people are heading to PBB tommorow, so I guess more information will be there for us all to see tommorow night, but for now all we can do is speculate.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Not as far as we know. It sounds like injuries just include whiplash etc. They were all described as "walking wounded" by the fire brigade.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
As long as the point gets across that roller coasters, Blackpool and everywhere, are generally very safe and these accidents are rare, I'm a happy man.

Accidents are popular reads with everybody and sometimes there can be a negative backlash so a fair perspective must be documented.

marc

CF Legend
^could not agree more.

The big Dipper was my 1st real coaster, apart from kiddy coasters. So it will always mean a lot to me.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Both trains were involved, I've spoken to somebody on the phone and they've told me that both trains are on the track, covered up.

The only way this accident could of happened is, the train which got bumped into, got jammed on something which resulted in it stopping, and the buzzer has sounded in the station, which has meant the next train has been sent and then obviously rammed the train which has got jammed on the turnaround.

I cant actually think what else could of happened.

Once again, its all about assumptions and speculation, I have no idea exactly whats happened, but for the time being I refuse to believe the media.