What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ahh right, I thought @MakoMania meant one of the short YouTube videos Alton Towers keeps posting. Well from what we have seen, it's obvious it isn't to do with the layout itself. It's either to do with something that goes on in one of the buildings, or the theming structure.

A week today will be the announcement. It is going very slowly.

Last edited:

Smithy

Strata Poster
Oh I do wish they;d **** off with "WORLD FIRST" bollocks marketing, I get that the GP as a whole are thick and it works for them but it's just so ****ing lazy and I'm convinced it's not conducive to providing long-lasting positive results.

Long story short when you push WORLD FIRST it means the next one always has to follow a similar pattern because people always ask "what next".

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I don't mind the station, it's ok. Green looks a bit strange but will probably fit in when the leaves come back and vegetation (we all love amazing vegetation) consumes the ride.
Still think the ride looks pants personally, and don't get me started on the worlds first they're pedaling, what a load of rubbish.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Agreed, it does look a bit pants but as daft as this sounds, this could still end up being Alton Towers best new coaster in 20 years. I mean, it has got a couple of things in its favour. Wood? Good. GCI? Good. FIRE!? Goooood! Yeah, I do actually think it will be quite good fun. But my God, it's gonna be a short ride. I just can't bring myself to get really excited about something so tiny.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I do actually think it will be quite good fun. But my God, it's gonna be a short ride. I just can't bring myself to get really excited about something so tiny.
That's what Mrs Howie said.

ekQpV59.gif

Matt N

CF Legend
I personally don't think it being short really matters. Nemesis is short, and that's ranked really highly worldwide. I wouldn't say this looks much shorter than Nemesis.

Lofty

CF Legend
If the coaster is short and not very impactful, that does matter. Nemesis has speed, force and a mixed riding experience with different forms of elements which makes it interesting. Time will tell if this is the same, but I have my doubts.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Thinking about the 'worlds first' and the secretive nature of the testing I'm thinking along the lines of something special with the trains. As far as I know (feel free to correct me) we haven't see anything of the trains, not even a render.

What are the chances that it's going to run backwards? It would explain the dual headed nature of the theming element and the slower nature of the layout.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Thinking about the 'worlds first' and the secretive nature of the testing I'm thinking along the lines of something special with the trains. As far as I know (feel free to correct me) we haven't see anything of the trains, not even a render.

What are the chances that it's going to run backwards? It would explain the dual headed nature of the theming element and the slower nature of the layout.

One, that would be terrible, and two, it wouldn't be the first.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
One, that would be terrible, and two, it wouldn't be the first.
I'm not saying it would be good, just that it's something Merlin would do :)

I just found it a bit odd that as soon as testing had started they started being super secretive about things, hence why the trains might be non-standard.