What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Surely there can't be over a month's worth of work left with the ride having been handed over to the park already? We've still got half of April left and minimal work left to complete.

Maybe they want to do a few weeks of soft openings before the official opening as they did with SkyForce.

Lofty

CF Legend
This whole 'it's ready so it should be open' argument just doesn't really work when you take into account the time for organising press days and inviting said press to a specific date. I can see them soft opening it before actual launch (not press launch), but weeks before? Extremely doubtful.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Someone mentioned that the Pleasure Beach is a bit quieter compared to previous years, presumably because people are waiting for ICON to open. If financials aren't looking too good then they may have to move the opening day forward to get people back into the park. The theming/decoration etc can then be done in the evenings/closed days.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Indeed, the park has been extremely quiet so far this season. Every coaster walk on with just one train running during the school holidays.

Sandman

Giga Poster
To be fair, this year has been horrendous weather wise, so once summer kicks in and we get a few continuous days of good weather then families will probably be surging to local attractions for days out.

Lofty

CF Legend
Saying that they'll need to open a few weeks earlier to draw people back just doesn't stand. People will thrive to the park once it's open, just more concentrated on the rest of the year. The people waiting for it to open before visiting are going to come in May, June, July, whenever after it's opening and the space of a few weeks won't mean that they don't visit at all. It's the same people you're referring to?

Dave

CF Legend
Someone mentioned that the Pleasure Beach is a bit quieter compared to previous years, presumably because people are waiting for ICON to open. If financials aren't looking too good then they may have to move the opening day forward to get people back into the park. The theming/decoration etc can then be done in the evenings/closed days.

It'll open when Blackpool want it to open. If it opens for May Half Term then they'll rake in the money for that holiday and get ready for a good busy Summer Holiday season.

Temleh

Mega Poster
30741150_10156035568442745_8624353287384072192_o.jpg

rob666

Hyper Poster
Indeed, the park has been extremely quiet so far this season. Every coaster walk on with just one train running during the school holidays.
Don't think we have been on the same park Mako!
On lots of visits this year I have given up on the coasters because the queues were over half an hour.
PMBO was on 2 trains on my last two visits, with the back six seats of one on sandbags, and the queue was still out of the station.
The weather is always a big factor in Blackpool, so the holidays haven't been as busy as normal, but all the coasters have had considerable queues by the time I have left most Sunday lunchtimes, admittedly with most running on one train.
Still say it is about time they got the Revolution running on two.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Don't think we have been on the same park Mako!
On lots of visits this year I have given up on the coasters because the queues were over half an hour.
PMBO was on 2 trains on my last two visits, with the back six seats of one on sandbags, and the queue was still out of the station.
The weather is always a big factor in Blackpool, so the holidays haven't been as busy as normal, but all the coasters have had considerable queues by the time I have left most Sunday lunchtimes, admittedly with most running on one train.
Still say it is about time they got the Revolution running on two.
To be fair, the weather has been pants on all my visits this year. Thoroughly drenched, and that's before Valhalla.

Dipper_Dave

Roller Poster

Agree with Rob, I went last Weds (still Easter hols for some areas) and though I’ve seen busier holiday days at BPB, it certainly wasn’t ‘extremely quiet.’ PMBO was on two trains with a short queue. Grand National I didn’t even bother with due to queue which is painfully slow at the best of times, one on train. Big Dipper queue was almost to the top of the stairs on one train. Really not sure why it couldn’t have had two on. Anyway I was only there for a couple of hours so chose to do Steeplechase for the Icon views rather than wait for the woodies

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Unfortunately I couldn't get a good photograph of it using my phone but today I saw these workers on a ladder there installing what looks to me like a camera angled at the first launch? Could this be the on ride photo point? If not what is it?
Da6oeB8W4AEyu6E.jpg

Da6oiQPXcAA9ZV0.jpg

They tested with one train a few times today. And at one point were testing the tunnel mist again. Looks very good. Looking forward to riding it some day soon!