What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

BBooth2

Roller Poster
We have VIP tickets and have not yet received an email or letter announcing an opening day

also with recent videos showing scaffolding in and around the station building and a severe lack of complete themeing, i highly doubt it will be opening on saturday

do you have a source for this Mako?

MakoMania

Mega Poster
We have VIP tickets and have not yet received an email or letter announcing an opening day

also with recent videos showing scaffolding in and around the station building and a severe lack of complete themeing, i highly doubt it will be opening on saturday

do you have a source for this Mako?
We were talking about a new restaurant called Coasters that opened this past Saturday, not ICON :p

EDIT: Beaten to it!

Sandman

Giga Poster
Maybe they want to give it some quiet time first before actively promoting it.

Not sure why though, if they promote it at the same time as Icon opening then it might be completely overshadowed. A restaurant like Coasters would probably benefit from people knowing its open and serving as soon as it is, just to get the punters in and hopefully get some good reviews out before the busier period begins!

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Thanks for sharing my videos Lofty.

I have to stay, now that I’ve seen the ride testing in person, videos really do not do it justice, it absolutely flys around the track, especially the second half, some of the transitions are taken at really high speeds.

The second train with the Zero car and L.E.Ds is also testing, once it had warmed up both cars were flying round the track, the interactions with The Big One and Big Dipper are fantastic!

be4959ef066312a1d67121d391bba3e9.jpg
346e06e4654535c4e4b342771509e441.jpg
365fd6968c9d69e943a4edb0bbeda69e.jpg
ad696c559599b29e833eaaad1cf471a6.jpg
8d919b07eea03a6d37d7bc366ff5658c.jpg

Sandman

Giga Poster
Not actually that bothered about the pattern now it's finally on the move! Think the shaping of the zero car captures my attention more than the pattern to be honest, can't wait to hopefully see the actual ride surroundings change... curious as to where external lighting may go for the summer late night riding events!