What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Indeed, the park has been extremely quiet so far this season. Every coaster walk on with just one train running during the school holidays.

That’s completely untrue because the one visit I was there in the school holidays the park was packed with almost all rides running at full capacity and still having long queues.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
That’s completely untrue because the one visit I was there in the school holidays the park was packed with almost all rides running at full capacity and still having long queues.
I've been 5 times this season, all during weekends or school holidays, dead every day. I can only speak from personal experience given that the park do not have a queue time monitoring system. Granted, the weather hasn't been great, but it was only horrendous on one of the days.

The fact that the park reduced opening hours by one or even two hours for almost the whole of the school holidays also suggests that attendance is not what they were expecting.

rob666

Hyper Poster
I've been 5 times this season, all during weekends or school holidays, dead every day. I can only speak from personal experience given that the park do not have a queue time monitoring system. Granted, the weather hasn't been great, but it was only horrendous on one of the days.

The fact that the park reduced opening hours by one or even two hours for almost the whole of the school holidays also suggests that attendance is not what they were expecting.
Five days does not make a fair assessment.
Due to Icon watching, I'm up to about a dozen visits this season.
If it was sunny...the park was busy.
If it was wet...the park was quiet.
If it was in between, the park was steady.
The weather has been poor overall so far this season, so the park has been reasonably quiet.
Same as always.
No change is sexy...to quote jah wobble.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Five days does not make a fair assessment.
Due to Icon watching, I'm up to about a dozen visits this season.
If it was sunny...the park was busy.
If it was wet...the park was quiet.
If it was in between, the park was steady.
The weather has been poor overall so far this season, so the park has been reasonably quiet.
Same as always.
No change is sexy...to quote jah wobble.
True, 5 days is not a lot, but 14 days of reduced hours is a lot :)

rob666

Hyper Poster
Officially yes, but soft openings have been much rumoured for after the first May bank holiday.
Nothing confirmed however.
They will want it open as soon as possible to rake in the pennies though.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Yaaaas, I was hoping for a late May opening. Will be going a week later on 31/05, but still within May half term. FUN TIMES!1