• Blue Flyer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nickelodeon Streak

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DoctorAgonMD

Roller Poster
Hi, folks!

Having been to Blackpool Pleasure Beach just moments ago, I felt obliged to get the CoasterForce consensus on the park's coasters!

Its a small park but there are few noteworthy coasters due to their history. Take Steeplechase for example, a three track racing coaster that's the only steel steeplechase coaster of its in kind in the world!

Anyway, I'll stop droning on. Please feel free to explain why you've voted for your favorites in this thread as well. :)

Peet

Giga Poster
We've had this a few times before but the last full-on poll was before Icon and (sobs) the demolition of Wild Mouse so probably due a refresh!

Anyway it's Grand National for me - pure balls-to-the-wall classic wooden coaster fun. Yeah it beats you up a bit but it's a small price to pay. The worst part of it is the dreadful throughput considering it's twin tracked so should shift the queue sooo much quicker than it actually does.

Icon is an objectively better ride of course, I do like it, maybe there is a bit of nostalgia, or maybe it's the poor comparison to Helix/R2H, but I can't bring myself to say it's my favourite.

(Puts on rose-tinted glasses) The Wild Mouse was by far the best ride in the park (takes them off again).

Anyway, in summary, Grand National is my fave.

Older topics below for interest - back in 2014 The Big One was the winner!

Will

Strata Poster
Sadly, since the demise of Wild Mouse, this has been like choosing your favourite symptom of the common cold.

The once great woodies are barely rideable, so too is the Big One and Icon sends me to sleep.

Gotta be Revolution, hasn't it...

James F

Hyper Poster
I've got to admit that I still adamantly love Icon despite acknowledging it's minor setbacks. It was the only steel coaster in the UK to actually focus on having real airtime, Hyperia might make Icon look a bit naff now, but despite that I always look forward to re-riding it.

There is quite a drop in quality after Icon for me, but Revolution and The Big Dipper are also ones that I have always enjoyed.

The rest of the coasters are sadly mediocre at best.

chrisgeorgiou46

Roller Poster
I honestly feel like something happened to my ribcage since going on The Grand National 3 years ago (I would have been about 26). Part of my ribcage hasn't felt the same since. It doesn't hurt, just feels slightly different. I remember my chest slamming into the restraints a third of the way through the ride and then the rest of the ride I was honestly stressed out and just wanted to get off.

I even got an X Ray, it was fine, nothing major. Again though, just feels noticeably different ever since.

Never say never, but I probably wouldn't go back. I would at least avoid the wooden coasters, not because I don't trust wooden coasters, but because I don't trust BPB wooden coasters.

Icon was fun though! And like others have said Revolution is surprisingly forceful and fun.