What's new

With Apocalypse closed, what is the UK's new scariest ride?

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Apocalypse at Drayton Manor used to be branded as "the UK's scariest ride". Apocalypse is now gone. So what takes the crown now?

I have 3 ideas...
Odyssey at Fantasy Island,
The Curse at Alton Manor at Alton Towers,
and Aerospace at Barry Island Pleasure Park.

What else do you think?

Sandman

Giga Poster
The Big One is still probably the most intimidating ride for the British general public on average. I think that would be the case regardless of whether Apocalypse was still around or not. Maybe, if we're being morbid, The Smiler due to the unfortunate accident in 2015.

j-cat5

Roller Poster
Crazy Mouse at Brighton Palace Pier. I rode this back in 2018, and it was already mostly held together by rust - and lots of it. I rarely feel scared for my life on a rollercoaster, but this one did it.
Interesting. I live in Brighton since 2017 but always avoid this one for this exact reason hehe. Never fancied it tbh.

On a similar topic, the Brighton booster would have been a reasonable shout but sadly it's been gone for nearly a year now. Shame such a great ride :(.

Oblivion would be the obvious choice from what's left from what I can think.....

Thrillseeker2024

Roller Poster
Detonator at thorpe park the tension before the drop just makes me terrified

Crazy Mouse at Brighton Palace Pier. I rode this back in 2018, and it was already mostly held together by rust - and lots of it. I rarely feel scared for my life on a rollercoaster, but this one did it.
Gosh, bet that was a surreal experience!

Detonator at thorpe park the tension before the drop just makes me terrified
I'll stick in a second vote for Detonator. It's my favourite drop tower I've been on to date. It proves that size isn't everything and puts some much larger ones to shame. It's small stature can easily lull you into a false sense of security and the drop scared the life out of me the first couple times I rode it (in a good way!).

I'd probably put Oblivion in 2nd place. There's just something terrifying and awesome about diving into a dark nothingness.