What's new

Will another launch method be discovered in a future?

Frawthy

Roller Poster
Instead of new launch methods, I can see R&D looking more at how to make the current systems better and easier to use. Smaller stators so you can put them on tighter radii turns, higher efficiency so you need fewer stators and less power/cooling, maybe even looking into better power storage solutions, that sort of thing
I honestly have to agree with this, one thing that doesn't seem to have been brought up thus far is maintenance/ reliability. One of the incredible things about LSM's is that the launch mechanism itself features zero moving parts and no physical contact with the train, making it much more reliable and easier to maintain than really any other launch system devised (at least that I am aware of). Although it would absolutely be cool to come up with a new fancy way of launching trains, any park that built one would essentially be taking on a less reliable and more expensive to maintain roller coaster, just for the sake of saying that they have it (even though it makes minimal difference to the actual experience). Compare this to how much parks would appreciate more thrilling yet reliable LSM's I would imagine that LSM technology is going to be the main area of focus for the foreseeable future