What's new

White supports spotted on M6 (pictures now up)

A

Anonymous

Heading southbound towards Birmingham.
Lost sight of the lorry and it's load after Birmingham as we was driving faster. Have got pictures on my phone, just waiting for the fella to come back so I can bluetooth them to his phone to get them on the PC.

They looked like supports! But not 100% sure they are for a coaster.

Will post pictures later.

Where could they be for?
I would have guessed Drayton, but I don't know, we aint seen no application or anything yet for 2010.

EDIT
I never said they was! That is why I posted on here, for you nerds to decide :) Love yas x

CoasterSupports026.jpg

CoasterSupports025.jpg

CoasterSupports024.jpg

As i stated above. I never said they was supports for a coaster, I couldn't tell my self 100%!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I've seen a few trucks like this on my travels. The problem is, that often the supports could be for lots of things (bridges, large building awning support, platforms, etc, etc, etc).

You need to have a really good view of the support (I generally don't as I'm always driving) to be able to guess if it's coaster or not.

Photos will be interesting, but the few times I've seen them, no coaster has ever actually emerged at any point later on.

Maybe it's from Cedar Fair, they've got lost coming back from Kings Dominion? ;)

shawnoc

Mega Poster
lol!

Ive seen a few lorries driving around on my travels and got exited, but nothing has come of it. I got exited about a new ride for Brighton Pier a while back and realised that it was a ride being removed on closer inspection.

I was hopeful while going to Alton last week.On my first day I was following a large blue lorry through the entance and he pulled into where magic HQ is. I was hoping for a delivery for SW6. I didnt noticeanything over the 2 days I was there.

Ive not noticed any new ride anouncements regarding these supports.

coastermac

Roller Poster
As many times as they can, they contain the Coaster components inside those large freight containers.

We actually had stuff like this delivered to our house when we were getting an extension a few years back. I was kinda hoping my parents were planning some kind of surprise ;)

A

Anonymous

I had quite a good look at them, I wasn't driving the fella was.
I still couldn't make out wether it was for a coaster or not though really.
Still not managed to get the pictures online yet but soon as I do they will be posted.

vermilionguy

Roller Poster
Large white supports on a truck and not inside of a container. Could be for a wind turbine, I see them all the time on I71 in Ohio.

A

Anonymous

Tbh when Rita supports arrived at Alton, they wasn't in a container either.

Also I got it wrong where we seen them according to the Fella, he said it was near the A50 which runs up to Derby through Uttoxeter near Alton.

I have seen supports and track at a Steel workers in Stockport. Can not remember what track it was as it was a good few years back.

A

Anonymous

Those supports blatently arn't rollercoaster supports. The shapes of them are just dodgey. Looks like they'd just be for some other building project.

Slash

Giga Poster
caffeine_demon said:
spicy said:
Its blatantly the supports for Space Mountain for a new Disneyland England.

no - it's gonna be for spiderman at universal islands of sutton coldfield

AND I LIVE THERE!! YAY! If only :(

So, it is the Olympic Stadium then. But I thought they'd be unloaded on the Thames :S

Steven

Giga Poster
No they said most things are going to arrive via boats and barges via the Thames for the Olympic stadium to avoid congestion in London not all.

A

Anonymous

The steel work that will be torn down the day after the Olympics and Paralympics are done.

Dave

CF Legend
You do know the facilities are staying there? At the moment they are securing the future of them. The Olympic stadium will become the new home of the Great Britain Athletic team for training. It was going to be a football ground for Leyton Orient or West Ham, but this was rejected.

A

Anonymous

Last I heard it was only a temp stadia and once its over it was to be down sized to 25'000 from the 80'000 so that Layton Orient could use it. Though even then that was uncertain.

A

Anonymous

The stadium is definitely going from 80,000 seats to 25,000. London does not need another stadium of such a large size. This has been the plan since before the city won the 2012 bid.

The remaining 25,000 seat stadium will act as a suitable venue for sports and cultural events in the Stratford area, and it will house a "sports academy." It is doubtful that any team is going to want take up a stadium with an athletics track in the way of its spectators and the ptich.

Btw, here is a more recent picture of these white supports:

3592845632_b37f2ab322_o.jpg

A

Anonymous

Mike said:
It is doubtful that any team is going to want take up a stadium with an athletics track in the way of its spectators and the ptich.

But there's quite a few teams with an athletics track surrounding the pitch.
I'm sure there are much larger teams with this, but for example, Chelmsford City's pitch is part of an Athletics centre...
http://leohoenig.com/__oneclick_uploads ... 0294-2.jpg
Fair enough, but West Ham, Leyton Orient, and rugby clubs Saracens and Wasps have all objected to the stadium's post-Olympic design and have withdrawn their intentions to become tenants (regardless of whether or not other teams' stadiums have tracks).

They could always renovate the post-Olympic design to not include a track of course, but the International Olympic Committee has always wanted the legacy of the stadium to include athletics and they are, after all, the ones who awarded London the Games in the first place...