What's new

What's your favorite Boomerang model?

Do you like the Family, the Standard, the Inverted, or the Giant Inverted Boomerangs best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
GIBs at the top by a long way. They're decent coasters and pretty intimidating to boot.

The family things are good for what they are.

The standard model is fine. Decent enough for the floor space and most people haven't ridden 273 of the things.

The invertigo was a pointless gimmick.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Have done all Vekoma Boomerang models exept for GIBs. I prefer family boomerangs because there are many different versions. The standard and inverted versions are not horrible rides but they are usually bland and risky (never close to a SLC though). Would have been great to see similar layout variety with adult Boomerangs as there us with family ones.

skywlkr92

Roller Poster
After having ridden a bunch of standard and family boomerangs which I did not like I did not expect to like the GIB. I was mistaken, they are f*cking amazing. At least the one at Parque Warner was.

Niles

Giga Poster
The only one I have not ridden is the GIB but it does look the best, but if we are doing all of Vekoma Boomerangs then I would vote for that new Super Boomerang they are doing 😍
1.jpg

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Goliath @ SFNE (RIP) was the best boomerang I've ridden by a long way.
Stinger @ Dorney (also RIP) and Invertigo @Kings Island were both pretty good, to the extent that I would have re-ridden them.
Family Boomerangs are great for what they are, inoffensive.

Standard ones can go to hell. Accidentally re-rode a relocated boomerang at SFStl 🤮 I try to get them out of the way early now while I'm fully hydrated, usually the effects wear off after half an hour or so.
The only "Standard" one I enjoyed was the one at Hershey, I think because I was facing the other way so the backwards part was first, then went forwards on the return leg.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Goliath @ SFNE (RIP) was the best boomerang I've ridden by a long way.
Stinger @ Dorney (also RIP) and Invertigo @Kings Island were both pretty good, to the extent that I would have re-ridden them.
Did you ride Goliath with the original trains or the ones? The new trains butchered the ride, honestly a bottom 5 coaster for me and really glad it's gone now.

Invertigos are also ass as well. Why would anyone enjoy those things?

I voted family. I've only done Saven so the novelty hasn't worn off yet, but that was really enjoyable. Nothing objectively great of course, but perfectly good for what it is and presented very nicely.

I did really enjoy Goliath back when it had its old trains, but that was a decade ago and honestly I'm not sure I'd be into the GIBs if I tried another one.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Did you ride Goliath with the original trains or the ones? The new trains butchered the ride, honestly a bottom 5 coaster for me and really glad it's gone now.

Invertigos are also ass as well. Why would anyone enjoy those things?

I voted family. I've only done Saven so the novelty hasn't worn off yet, but that was really enjoyable. Nothing objectively great of course, but perfectly good for what it is and presented very nicely.

I did really enjoy Goliath back when it had its old trains, but that was a decade ago and honestly I'm not sure I'd be into the GIBs if I tried another one.
It was the new trains, but I got a front row ride and it was super smooth. I've heard how bad it was in the other rows though.
I have a trip planned to Madrid later in the year and I've heard Stunt Fall is miles better so I'm really looking forward to it.

I think I liked the Invertigos because I was expecting the worst and it felt better than the normal crap.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Having ridden my 3rd Invertigo (out of a possible 4), I definitely prefer them to the standard model. The ability to ride facing "backwards" is the way to do it, it's going backwards the 2nd time which makes me hate the rides.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't ride them more than once per day, but I'm not absolutely dreading Diabolik now.

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
I haven't ridden any but out of those three I'd have to say Giant Inverted. Out of every boomerang period though, I'd have to say the new Vekoma Super Boomerang seems to destroy the competition.