What's new

What is usually considered the coaster season?

zoeycuten

Roller Poster
At least in the United States, I believe that the coaster season runs through Memorial Day to Labor Day. Others may think differently. What do y'all think?

JackFish

Mega Poster
At least in the United States, I believe that the coaster season runs through Memorial Day to Labor Day. Others may think differently. What do y'all think?
I think the coaster season goes as far as Halloween because most parks have Halloween events, and some even go to the winter holidays. But most will be open from memorial day to Halloween ish in a season.

zoeycuten

Roller Poster
I think the coaster season goes as far as Halloween because most parks have Halloween events, and some even go to the winter holidays. But most will be open from memorial day to Halloween ish in a season.
Fair point, that was actually what was confusing me. I thought about my home park's schedule (Waldameer) - which is only really Memorial Day - Labor Day (minus the two weekends before Memorial Day).

Dar

Hyper Poster
Usually mid-late march to October, with maybe a few extra days at the start of November for bonfire night!

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
Back when I lived in an area with seasonal parks, coaster season was firmly April to October. Anything past that and parks are either opening with half the park closed, or aren’t open at all.

Sandman

Giga Poster
In terms of Europe, there's a spike in April around Easter, particularly if weather is on side... but really it kicks into gear in May with the bank holidays.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
For the U.S.: May - October for seasonal amusement parks. Parks located further north or in lower-tier (e.g. Michigan's Adventure, Wild Waves, etc.), some parks delay opening until late May/early June. Holiday events in November and December are nice add-ons to extend the season for some!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Early May to late August here. Subtract a month at both ends for water coasters.

By the way, I have absolutely no concept of what dates Memorial Day or Labor Day fall on. Might as well tell y'all that Tusenfryd is open approximately between Gauksmesse and Lukas Våtmann.

Last edited: